Page 156 of 254 FirstFirst ... 154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,872 of 3047

Thread: Around the NFL

Re: Around the NFL

Stewart Bradley to the Cards and the Landry to Jax deal is now official.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The issue isn't cap space. It's price. If the Ravens found a player at a price that worked they would sign him and then make the space just like every other team is doing.
    I think some people want Ozzie to make a splash just so they don't have to listen to their friends brag about their teams' pickups.

3. Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Teams don't have to be under the cap until the league year starts on August 4. That's why this idea that the Ravens can't afford to sign anyone is complete BS. Every other year you have to make space before you add but this is the one time you don't have to do that.

The issue isn't cap space. It's price. If the Ravens found a player at a price that worked they would sign him and then make the space just like every other team is doing.
    I actually don't think there is a BIG glaring weakness on the team although the pass rush can be improved. I do think that Osi would make a big difference for us and we could return to having a dominant defense in Baltimore. It's frustrating because you look at last year's team and we lost every game late. It was the coaches at times, at others the players but they collectively lost the game late when it mattered. So do we need a big FA signing? Yes and no. No in the sense that we could win it all with who we have but yes in the fact that it could give us a greater chance to do so. I remember watching QB's sit there and pick us apart. I also don't think you're going to find a guy cheap enough to come in here and make an impact rushing the passer. Sometimes those cheap signings work out for us, sometimes not.

I just know that our pass rush SUCKED last year and do you put all your eggs in the Serio Kindle basket? IDK...

we are going to go a whole other day with nothing.... i dont even care about big names and blockbuster trades. just something!
    Disclaimer: I really don't know nothing about anything, so if i say something like i do, understand that i don't know what the hell i am talking about.

Channing "Is that spittle?" Crowder - released by the Dolphins

He's only 27 and is just as good as Gooden, if not an upgrade. He runs his mouth too much, but.... heeee's available

Quote Originally Posted by bretts View Post
    we are going to go a whole other day with nothing.... i dont even care about big names and blockbuster trades. just something!
    We're still a full week away before anyone they sign can even practice with the team. Patience, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I think some people want Ozzie to make a splash just so they don't have to listen to their friends brag about their teams' pickups.
    Not the case at all. I think a lot of us are simply PISSED at the idea of the Castle dragging its feet/being timid or inactive during what is an unprecedented free-for-all chance for us to improve our weaknesses.

The craziest week in NFL history and all we've done is cut future entrants in the Ravens HoF and let the Redskins take Wilson and the Jets court Carr and whomever take McClain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    We're still a full week away before anyone they sign can even practice with the team. Patience, my friend.
    good point, forgot about that. i will reserve my impatience for Aug 4th
    Disclaimer: I really don't know nothing about anything, so if i say something like i do, understand that i don't know what the hell i am talking about.

The problem I have is that we lost at the last minute or came close most of the time last year, and now we are expecting rookies and inexperienced youth to get us over the hump and not make rookie mistakes in the clutch?
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Channing "Is that spittle?" Crowder - released by the Dolphins

He's only 27 and is just as good and Gooden, if not an upgrade. He runs his mouth too much, but.... heeee's available
    He's also nuts. And if we're using Gooden as the benchmark, we're screwed.

Channing "I know London Fletcher. That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name." should just take a year off and make three important acquisitions:

1.) A globe
    2.) Anne Frank's Diary
    3.) A clue

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    He's also nuts. And if we're using Gooden as the benchmark, we're screwed.
    I wish I could hear him talking about getting cut on his radio show. There are going to be some classic quotes from that one.