Page 13 of 204 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 3047

Thread: Around the NFL

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,928
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Around the NFL



    If Landry leaves, we'll be ok. If he stays, great. One less position we have to worry about a new face in.

    I'm not the biggest fan of Landry. I think he's an above average safety at best, but I do think he is better than Zibby or Nakamura (on a hole).
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #182

    Re: Around the NFL

    I'm hoping someone, anyone will offer Landry some money...I'd really like to give Nakamura a chance to earn the spot next to #20.




  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    why would Rex need Landry when he has HOF Jim Leonhard
    Somehow I don't think any of the guys they take from our team are really worth what they pay. (Leonhard, Scott, Pryce, etc.)




  4. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,928
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Somehow I don't think any of the guys they take from our team are really worth what they pay. (Leonhard, Scott, Pryce, etc.)
    I think Scott was worth it.

    He's a pretty damn good MLB. You can't really put a price on experience and knowledge and at the time Rex needed someone who knew his defense in and out.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Could Landry end up in Philly now that Mikell is gone?

    I am thinking NFC East all the way here, with him.
    Philly just spent a 2nd round pick on Jaiqwan Jarret from Temple. He is more than likely going to be there SS. Skins spent a boatload on Atowgwe earlier this offseason.




  6. #186

    Re: Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think Scott was worth it.

    He's a pretty damn good MLB. You can't really put a price on experience and knowledge and at the time Rex needed someone who knew his defense in and out.
    I agreed. Scott was worth it to that team. Probably not to us or other teams, but absolutely for the Jets.




  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think Scott was worth it.

    He's a pretty damn good MLB. You can't really put a price on experience and knowledge and at the time Rex needed someone who knew his defense in and out.
    Scott was probably the most valuable of them all, but I still don't think he has lived completely up to that contract. I feel like David Harris is the much better ILB on that defense.




  8. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,057
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Somehow I don't think any of the guys they take from our team are really worth what they pay. (Leonhard, Scott, Pryce, etc.)
    Scott has been enormous for the Jets. He's like having coach on the field. Jim Leonard has also been great for the Jets as a special teams player and a starting S. Pryce was a waste but he didn't cost more than the league minimum.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. Re: Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Scott was probably the most valuable of them all, but I still don't think he has lived completely up to that contract. I feel like David Harris is the much better ILB on that defense.
    Scott's contribution was more about being a player to explain Rex's defense to the other players. His actual performance is nothing to write home about. Certainly not worth 8 million a year, however I will say I wish we still had him next to Ray. None of the guys we've tried to replace Bart with have really stuck as a long term solution.




  10. #190
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Around the NFL

    I've got a feeling most of our guys are going to want to return rather than take less from another team. With so many free agents out there 2nd tier guys are not going to get the money they used to get. If this was last years free agency Landry would probably have been blown away by now.




  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Scott's contribution was more about being a player to explain Rex's defense to the other players. His actual performance is nothing to write home about. Certainly not worth 8 million a year, however I will say I wish we still had him next to Ray. None of the guys we've tried to replace Bart with have really stuck as a long term solution.




  12. Re: Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I've got a feeling most of our guys are going to want to return rather than take less from another team. With so many free agents out there 2nd tier guys are not going to get the money they used to get. If this was last years free agency Landry would probably have been blown away by now.
    I don't know. If you weren't a Ravens fan would you even know who Landry was? I don't know if I would.




  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    I don't know. If you weren't a Ravens fan would you even know who Landry was? I don't know if I would.
    I wouldn't. Other then the fact he isn't all that good.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk




  14. #194
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Around the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    I don't know. If you weren't a Ravens fan would you even know who Landry was? I don't know if I would.
    I probably wouldnt but then again I am not the GM of a team thats in need of a SS.




  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,365
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Around the NFL

    Somebody out there needs a SS.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland