Page 251 of 254 FirstFirst ... 249250251252253 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,012 of 3047

Thread: Around the NFL

Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    Anyone else worried about Oher? I am not the best on judging O line but he seemed to be average at best last year, and had a very tough time vs Pitt (like the rest of the NFL).
    I don't think he looks natural at LT.

I don't think LT is the spot that suits him best...he can get by at LT and isn't bad there, but he isn't very good there either.

Ideally, we find a good LT and move Oher back to RT where he basically dominated his rookie year. But the team seems to be almost stubborn as far as insisting that he is a LT.

Blog Entries

It was the same thing as last year. Someone in the FO/Coaching staff is INSISTING Oher is best for the left side. Maybe because of his contract, idk. But for better or worse, we seem to be stuck with him on the left side.

You aren't going to find a FA LT that will play better than Oher by this point. Only way Oher moves back to RT is if Yanda is forced to play RG and all our backup RTs suck. And even then, I think we'd probably just sign a vet RT.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    It was the same thing as last year. Someone in the FO/Coaching staff is INSISTING Oher is best for the left side. Maybe because of his contract, idk. But for better or worse, we seem to be stuck with him on the left side.
    Or maybe because that's the position he played in college. Well, after shifting there from guard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Birk will be fine.
    Based on?
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Or maybe because that's the position he played in college. Well, after shifting there from guard.
    To be fair, I suppose this is the make or break year for Oher at LT. Either he "gets it" this year or you have to move on and draft, sign, or trade for a good LT next year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Birk will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Based on?
    He went to Harvard. He'll figure it out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't think he looks natural at LT.

I don't think LT is the spot that suits him best...he can get by at LT and isn't bad there, but he isn't very good there either.

Ideally, we find a good LT and move Oher back to RT where he basically dominated his rookie year. But the team seems to be almost stubborn as far as insisting that he is a LT.

Exactly. I think the most frustrating thing about being a Ravens fan is this (not saying it's exclusive to the Ravens, I just don't care enough about other teams to know)

These guys aren't playing in a vacuum. (does that even make sense?) They all aren't exactly what they were 2-3 years ago and aren't their finished product just yet.

Oher should improve this year based simply on his expereince. If he doesn't, then I'd expect the ravens to move in the appropriate direction. But right now, the market's thin. Unless of course he declares and somehow they land Mike Adams in the supplemetal draft...

:)

Blog Entries

Birk will be fine.
    Based on what? He wasn't fine last year. He had to have his knee drained after every game and sucked as a run blocker. Peyton Manning had this same surgery last season and it took some time for him to get over it and that's without having to try to push against a 300+ pound D-lineman every play. Birk is going to be an even bigger issue this year. Honestly I don't understand why so many are worried about Oher with much bigger problems at other spots on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Oher should improve this year based simply on his expereince. If he doesn't, then I'd expect the ravens to move in the appropriate direction. But right now, the market's thin. Unless of course he declares and somehow they land Mike Adams in the supplemetal draft...

:)
    I agree with this. Yes, he looked bad in the first preseason game but that doesn't mean he's going to suck all year. I still think he's got the makings of a good left tackle and will be willing to admit that I'm wrong-but only after the end of this season.

According to Florio we have 2.9 million left, while pitt has 4.4, jets 9.4 pats 9.3 colts 7.2 eagles 2.1

and according to nfl.com we have 2.5

http://blogs.nfl.com/?p=83848&preview=true

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    He went to Harvard. He'll figure it out.
    Ha! Seriously though ER makes these statements as if they are fact yet never offers anything back them up...

I would love if Birk played well, but considering he had a down year last year, and his knee is not better, if anything worse than last year... and he's old.

Maybe before the snap he can give opposing NT's a logic problem that gets them so confused they don't move after the snap while they are trying to figure it out
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!