Page 252 of 254 FirstFirst ... 250251252253254 LastLast
Results 3,013 to 3,024 of 3047

Thread: Around the NFL

Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Based on what? He wasn't fine last year. He had to have his knee drained after every game and sucked as a run blocker. Peyton Manning had this same surgery last season and it took some time for him to get over it and that's without having to try to push against a 300+ pound D-lineman every play. Birk is going to be an even bigger issue this year. Honestly I don't understand why so many are worried about Oher with much bigger problems at other spots on the line.
    I agree Gota. The only time I REALLY worry about Oher is against the Steelers... of course, I worry about the whole O-line against them :(

Blog Entries

anyone notice the Jets gave up 7 sacks last night?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Us picking up Shaun O'Hara is a good idea as far as I'm concerned.

Just like GOTA said, Birk really showed his age last season. I thought Mattison did a decent job on the OL against Philly, but the guy weighs about 285lbs. That's very small for an NFL OL'man.

O'Hara may not be a spring chicken, but he's arguably the best center available right now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Well, we missed out on Adam Terry (LOL), but we do need some depth. I do not blithely assume that Birk will be OK: age and injuries are taking their toll. Behind him is iffy. At RT we have a rookie who was not a star in college and lasted until deep in round 3. And behind Jah is "He Who Should be Excoriated." Backing up our Gs is . . . HWSbE? UDFAs? Sure, we WILL be a good, competitive team, but most of us would feel better seeing some O line depth.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Well, we missed out on Adam Terry (LOL), but we do need some depth. I do not blithely assume that Birk will be OK: age and injuries are taking their toll. Behind him is iffy. At RT we have a rookie who was not a star in college and lasted until deep in round 3. And behind Jah is "He Who Should be Excoriated." Backing up our Gs is . . . HWSbE? UDFAs? Sure, we WILL be a good, competitive team, but most of us would feel better seeing some O line depth.
    just because jah went to a small ass college and lasted to the 3rd doesnt mean he cant be good, or he wasnt overlooked, he was supposed to go in round 4-6 but we traded up in the 3rd to get him, and the saints were pissed about that.

Blog Entries

I know Cousins has really left a bad taste in a lot of our mouths, but I'm really interested to see how he does as a guard. I really think he'll find a lot more success there.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I know Cousins has really left a bad taste in a lot of our mouths, but I'm really interested to see how he does as a guard. I really think he'll find a lot more success there.
    he could find a lot more success there and still be the worst guard in the league lol
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    he could find a lot more success there and still be the worst guard in the league lol

Unfortunately, this is pretty spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Us picking up Shaun O'Hara is a good idea as far as I'm concerned.

Just like GOTA said, Birk really showed his age last season. I thought Mattison did a decent job on the OL against Philly, but the guy weighs about 285lbs. That's very small for an NFL OL'man.

O'Hara may not be a spring chicken, but he's arguably the best center available right now.
    On the roster he's listed at 272....

Blog Entries

Leonard Davis is in Detroit right now working out for their team. According LaCanfora who is also un Detroit, several other teams have been interested in bringing Davis in. The 2 teams he mentioned were the Bears and the Ravens. The only problem is that Davis has not shown any interest back. Could be he's waiting for a certain dollar amount. I think he does end up signing with the Lions. They are a very exciting team this year.

11. Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Leonard Davis is in Detroit right now working out for their team. According LaCanfora who is also un Detroit, several other teams have been interested in bringing Davis in. The 2 teams he mentioned were the Bears and the Ravens. The only problem is that Davis has not shown any interest back. Could be he's waiting for a certain dollar amount. I think he does end up signing with the Lions. They are a very exciting team this year.
    They aren't that exciting.

Whoever pays the most will get him.

Blog Entries

I could see Leonard Davis finishing out in Detroit.

Would be another good signing by them. Can't say I'm not rooting for a Baltimore guy like Jim Schwartz.