Page 204 of 254 FirstFirst ... 202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 2,437 to 2,448 of 3047

Thread: Around the NFL

Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Mason is a diva and people want him back. Mason physical skills are diminishing and people want him back. I would prefer Moss as I think he is an upgrade over Mason. But I would take Mason over Floyd.
    Depends on what role you want to fill. Moss could be considered an upgrade over Mason, but they are two completely different receiver types. Mason doesn't stretch the field at all, but he'd be more reliable than Moss in a possession role. So it really depends on what the Ravens see as their need at WR.

As for Floyd being over-valued, yes, that's very possible. I think he's good, but as mentioned earlier would only want him at a fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post

I would have liked Rice, but that didn't happen.
    :word

I hear ya. Guy was just out of our price range.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    :word

I hear ya. Guy was just out of our price range.
    Right. And then after Rice, what out there is going to be significantly better than Boldin/Mason/Smith?

Anyway. Not the first time in the last week or so I seem to be in the minority expecting (hoping for) a rookie to be productive.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Boldin is the possession guy, why do we need Mason and Boldin? Boldin was a gentleman last year, this year he needs to get the ball. What we need is the Larry Fitzgerald type to go with Boldin.....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post

Not the first time in the last week or so I seem to be in the minority expecting (hoping for) a rookie to be productive.
    We'd better be hoping that a number of rookies & 2nd year guys are going to be productive this year -- not just at WR but all over the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Boldin is the possession guy, why do we need Mason and Boldin? Boldin was a gentleman last year, this year he needs to get the ball. What we need is the Larry Fitzgerald type to go with Boldin.....
    *chuckle*

The Larry Fitzgerald-type.

Sadly, Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson are both spoken for, and so is Mr. Fitzgerald himself. I would have liked Rice, but it wasn't in the cards.

The question is, what do you do when Larry Fitzgerald is not available.

I proposed Mason because two WRs is not enough. Smith (and maybe Hardy, if he works out) has to stretch the field.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

The more I think about Mason, the more I want him to find another home. We made several runs with him. He helped this team to reach the playoffs 4 out the past 5 years....

BUT, how much more can we expect out a player that barely creates separation. Did anyone ever count how many "near" interceptions there were when Flacco threw to Mason? I remember several.

8. Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    @evansilva
    Evan Silva ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that the #Giants have given Osi Umenyiora permission to seek a trade.
    somebody's going to overpay for him. I just don't like that he's 30 and coming off of surgery & wants a lucrative new deal.

9. Re: Around the NFL

Aaron Wilson: Ravens expected to talk to Osi

Giants want a 1st rounder for Osi...

11. Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Aaron Wilson: Ravens expected to talk to Osi
    realistically, the Giants would want a pick(s). Then Osi would want a deal that I'm not sure the Ravens can afford.

Ozzie might kick the tires here, but I'm not sure it gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    @evansilva
    Evan Silva ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that the #Giants have given Osi Umenyiora permission to seek a trade.
    .........Trade Ray Lewis....