Page 1 of 235 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the NFL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Around the NFL

Post up rumors, speculations, and things of that nature here.

Denver - reports flying around that the Dolphins are very interested in trading for Orton. Not sure what Denver is asking for him, but they seem ok going into TC with Tebow and Brady Quinn.

San Fran - looks to be a likely landing spot for Matt Hasslebeck, though Alex Smith is definitely on his way back there too.

Arizona - could get in on the Orton trade talk...also looking at trading Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to Philly for Kolb (seems like a bad move to me).

Redskins - along with Yanda, they are supposedly VERY interested in Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards.

Miami - signed UDFA QB from Delaware, Pat Devlin. Devlin chose the Dolphins over the Raiders and Colts. Still some speculation that the Dolphins could be in the hunt for Orton or waiting for the Titans to drop VY.

Chicago - GOTA mentioned earlier about hearing that they could be trading Cutler? Wow. However, they're going to gun for Brad Smith pretty hard.

Minnesota - likely cutting ties with Bernard Berrian in order to try and keep Sidney Rice.

Tennessee - cutting Vince Young if they can't find someone to trade for him.

Pittsburgh - rumored to probably be cutting Aaron Smith & James Farrior. They don't appear to want to try and retain Ike Taylor.

Atlanta - potential landing spot for Ray Edwards. UDFA running back Noel Devine signed with them as well...not sure why...they drafted Jacquizz Rodgers who has a similar running style.

Chiefs - Have a right of first refusal with Kevin Curtis. Curtis could be a good slot receiver for them if he's fully healthy.

Colts - Irsay claiming that they want to keep Peyton, but don't think any one player is worth the money that could trump the rest of the team. Peyton is suspected to hold out well into the pre-season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Around the NFL

Jason Snelling to become the Ravens backup RB? If Atlanta seems focused on retaining Tyson Clabo and potentially making another move on the defensive side of the ball, they might not be able to keep Snelling any longer. This could hurt them, because Turner tends to miss time every now and then, leaving them to rely on some smaller backs. However, it seems to be a possible scenario.

Jason Snelling is just the sort of back that the Ravens would want behind Ray Rice.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I think the P Manning thing could get interesting. He will miss camp and claim it's his neck but he's already turned down what is essentially 1/5 of their salary cap. Could get ugly and I see why they tried to get Devlin as some potential future insurance. Irsay is starting to talk tough about it all

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think the P Manning thing could get interesting. He will miss camp and claim it's his neck but he's already turned down what is essentially 1/5 of their salary cap. Could get ugly and I see why they tried to get Devlin as some potential future insurance. Irsay is starting to talk tough about it all
    Prob to put PR pressure on Manning.

The Colts without Manning are barely a .500 team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I am not sure that Manning cares enough about the PR. He has the franchise by the 'you know whats'. Irsay does not stand a chance.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

The Colts without Manning might be the worst team in the league

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    Might? Might?!!!

8. Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    I don't know you guys, we haven't scored a touchdown versus the Colts' "'85 Bears reborn" defense in approximately 759 years.

Blog Entries

I could see the Ravens looking at Snelling. He's a big guy who's played FB before as well. Decent hands out of the backfield.

I still really like the Damien Berry pick up. I was surprised by that.

Atlanta definitely stated that Tyson Clabo was their main priority, which means that guards Harvey Dahl and Justin Blalock could be available.

Dahl is a little older (30 I believe), but he has widely been considered one of the best run blocking guards in the NFL. I read something last year stating that he was the "meanest" offensive lineman in the NFL. Might not be a bad option of Yanda splits.

Blog Entries

If the Ravens can re-sign Yanda and move him back to RG, they could really control the clock in the fourth quarter with Jason Snelling running behind Lawrence Vickers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    If the Ravens can re-sign Yanda and move him back to RG, they could really control the clock in the fourth quarter with Jason Snelling running behind Lawrence Vickers.
    Then the board will beotch about Cam not knowing how to call plays. Remember they had the lead in most every game last year but the D couldn't hold.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Then the board will beotch about Cam not knowing how to call plays. Remember they had the lead in most every game last year but the D couldn't hold.
    You mean, because the D couldn't press and the D couldn't blitz, so they let QBs pick them apart?