Page 250 of 254 FirstFirst ... 248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 2,989 to 3,000 of 3047

Thread: Around the NFL

Blog Entries

Re: Around the NFL

He's probably better as a pass blocker than any tackle we have on the books right now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    He would be a very good fit. Stinchomb could be another player the Ravens have been targeting as a possible release that could fall into their lap.

Blog Entries

They're gonna go young on the OLine, not hobbled guys... already have a few of those

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Stinchomb played injured last year. Hope they pick this guy up. Move Yanda back to where he belongs. And open up a power running right side.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbsspor...75988/31333244
    .....Support Our Warriors.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They're gonna go young on the OLine, not hobbled guys... already have a few of those
    I thought that too...until the "Rabach situation."

Leads me to believe we may bring in a cheap vet for depth purposes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That's fine as long as the young guys can play. We got a lot out of Grubbs, Yanda and Oher when they were rookies. Hopefully Reid can do the same thing. Cousins is no longer young and everyone knows what he can do at this point.

Blog Entries

Jah Ried is the only question mark on the offensive line and the only question is how he will handle pass protection. I am not worried about the rest of the line. They just need some depth behind the starters.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Jah Ried is the only question mark on the offensive line and the only question is how he will handle pass protection. I am not worried about the rest of the line. They just need some depth behind the starters.
    I'm also worried about Birk. We need a quality back up behind him.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    I'll never understand these so-called "genius" coaches and coordinators who have to get rid of talented players for cents on the dollar because they don't fit in their "scheme." I'm thinking about Vilma with the Jets or Greg Olsen with the Bears. If you're such a genius, modify the system to get the most out of your personnel!
    I was listening to a radio analyst talking about the Panthers offense. The new coordinator there, whom Rob Rivera brought on board, is Rob Chudzinski. Ravens fans will remember him as the Browns coordinator the year that Derek Anderson caught fire. And before that he was in San Diego. So he comes from the same Coryell philosophy that Cam Cameron comes out of.

The analyst was remarking about how much Chudzinski has warped his playbook to fit the players he inherited. While he played tight end at Miami, and is considered to be a big factor in the development of Antonio Gates and the use of The Soldier in Cleveland, he recognizes that the Panthers don't have much talent at the position. So he's de-emphasized that aspect of the playbook.

Furthermore, when he assessed what Cam Newton does well, he went ahead and added quarterback-option plays to their scheme. That should be interesting to see, for one. And not only interesting for fans, but for Newton it should give him a comfort level, knowing he has something he's very familiar with, and does really well, to fall back on.

There will be critics who say that it's absurd to let an NFL quarterback take the kind of hits he'll be exposed to, but I tend to side with the argument that it's a positive move to tailor the playcalling to what Newton does well.

I think Cam Cameron did some things with Flacco that were tailored to his comfort level, mostly when it came to limiting progressive reads to that which he was used to making. In other areas, maybe not as much.

I think Flacco was more accustomed to working out of the shotgun for instance, and Cam seemed hellbent to get him out of that mode, and Cam all but eliminated crossing routes, which Flacco certainly threw a lot of at Delaware. And when Cam finally relented and called for a lot of crossing routes in the playoffs against the Chiefs, we saw how well Flacco performed. Same story in the week ten game against the Falcons. Flacco had a poor first half, but when Cam began calling for more crossing routes, Flacco poured it on. So I give Cam mixed marks when it comes to altering his comfort level in order to accommodate Joe's.

In Cam's defense, the reluctance to call for crossing routes probably stems from his perception that the Ravens lacked a deep threat. The entire idea of stretching the field is to open up the underneath area for a player like Boldin (or Doss, or the tight end) to work. Even if Lee Evans doesn't rack up a lot of catches, he'll be successful if he can stetch the field, and allow Joe to find a comfort level making the underneath throws in the middle of the field. That's been the missing key to the offense for three years now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    How about Birk on 1 leg? You don't think a gimpy Birk or Brian Mattison are serious question marks? And no, a 280 pound Rabach is not the answer

Blog Entries

Birk will be fine.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Anyone else worried about Oher? I am not the best on judging O line but he seemed to be average at best last year, and had a very tough time vs Pitt (like the rest of the NFL).