Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT: Your Vote Counts

On the home page, please vote and let us know if you think that WNST's rally will achieve its goal. It would be great if it does but do you think it will? Let us know....
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Your Vote Counts

What does the rally have to do with Pro Football?
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

The rally is for the fans...this is a fan site. I think the correlation is pretty obvious.

It may or may not work. At least Nestor is doing something. That's more then can be said for most people.

Nestor is trying, which I commend, but it won't matter. Your poll is missing a third choice, Angelos will just disregard the whole thing and continue business as usual. Even is Nestor filled the stadium up I don't think it would make PA bat an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    It may or may not work. At least Nestor is doing something. That's more then can be said for most people.

Exactly. The people who are criticizing it are the people who are upset that they didn't come up with the idea themselves.

BTW - can't wait to see the next poll on the Blast or the Ironbirds on this Ravens board.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Your poll is missing a third choice, Angelos will just disregard the whole thing and continue business as usual.
    Exactly right. It's a nice way to vent and attract a little attention, but it will not register to Angelos at all.

All Angelos will see this as is 3,000 extra tickets sold for a midweek game that I think is a make up game for a rained out game earlier this season, it won't register with him at all, plus Brits seem to be more seasoned in getting ownership to leave professional teams than Yanks and a walk out is most definately not the way to put across a message to owners, a walk out sends a message to the team, not the owners or the board.

Ron,

Just so you know, I put the poll on today because as I've said in my blog, I admire WNST's dedication to this rally. I thought I would help to bring even more attention to it for those that aren't aware. This site is for Ravens fans and for sports fans of Baltimore. You may have noticed the various boards we offer here that aren't Ravens or Pro Football related. Therefore I thought the poll was relevant to this site. Here's a list of previous polls: http://www.profootball24x7.com/fan_polls.php

There are no plans to do any polls on the Blast or Ironbirds but I'm open to suggestions ;)

I think the rally is noble....but are all of those Moons really necessary? Did we really need 20 redundant chapters 3 times a day? I'd personally rather hear NST's normally programming but that's just me.

And while this may be a labor of love for him (and I believe in part it is) all of the talk about the rock concerts and the athletes he's met and all the girls he's had before aren't relevant to the effort, hence my opinion that this is in part a publicity stunt. But that's my opinion.

I don't think this rally accomplishes anything... Why would an owner change his evil ways after 3,000 people "show up" to a game when the millions that haven't shown up have hardly been persuasive? Again that's my opinion and I hope I'm wrong. But I don't think so. I admire and appreciate that you apparently do think it will make a difference and I'd love for you to be right and shove crow down my throat.

I just don't see it...sorry.

As for other media outlets not jumping on because they didn't think of it first, I have to disagree. Nestor has nothing to lose. His relationship with the Orioles can't get much worse now can it? The others have something to lose. He has no opportunity cost while the others do.

In the end, I hope he wins.

His efforts deserve the publicity...and when it's over, that's the only thing that he'll get from his hours of dedication to a rally that never ever had a chance to succeed from the start if the ultimate goal was to change Peter Angelos or affect his sale of the team.

If anything, it could all end up making it harder for the Orioles to attract free agent talent to Baltimore or top shelf scouts that might help the farm system.

Please feel free to vote any time.

Rave on!

It won't make him sell, no chance.

What it may do, combined with the lower attendance this year, among other things, is get him to throw some money around in FA this year in an effort to show he wants to win and is doing what it takes to put a winning team on the field. Maybe.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I think the rally is noble....but are all of those Moons really necessary? Did we really need 20 redundant chapters 3 times a day? I'd personally rather hear NST's normally programming but that's just me.
    It's not just you, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Apparently, he felt so. Is your blog really necessary? Apparently, you feel so, isn't that good enough for you? If you don't like it, don't listen and/or don't read.

And while this may be a labor of love for him (and I believe in part it is) all of the talk about the rock concerts and the athletes he's met and all the girls he's had before aren't relevant to the effort, hence my opinion that this is in part a publicity stunt. But that's my opinion.
    I agree with that. I'm not a big fan of namedropping.

I don't think this rally accomplishes anything... Why would an owner change his evil ways after 3,000 people "show up" to a game when the millions that haven't shown up have hardly been persuasive? Again that's my opinion and I hope I'm wrong. But I don't think so.
    I guess that depends on what Nestor intends to accomplish. I don't think he's foolish enough to believe that Pete will sell the team in the morning based on what Nestor himself called 'a stupid rally'.

I don't think PA has a clue about how much he is reviled by his fanbase. Maybe this will give him that clue. What that accomplishes, I don't know, but what's your plan?

As for other media outlets not jumping on because they didn't think of it first, I have to disagree. Nestor has nothing to lose. His relationship with the Orioles can't get much worse now can it? The others have something to lose. He has no opportunity cost while the others do.
    Yes, it can. What about the guys who do live reports before the games? Will they still be given the access they had before? What about the hosts that are still Orioles-friendly? Will they lose access and the possibilty of future interviews? I believe the Orioles still advertise on NST, that could be lost also.

His efforts deserve the publicity...and when it's over, that's the only thing that he'll get from his hours of dedication to a rally that never ever had a chance to succeed from the start if the ultimate goal was to change Peter Angelos or affect his sale of the team.
    Still worth a shot and commendable to me. Do you not believe that there are other hosts in this city who would love to be involved and/or secretly applaud him for doing something? How much longer should this city be held hostage to this clueless egomaniac?

If anything, it could all end up making it harder for the Orioles to attract free agent talent to Baltimore or top shelf scouts that might help the farm system.
    You mean harder than it is already? Sorry, I don't believe anything could make it harder to attract free agents than Pete's refusal to pay market value, his overall incompetence as an owner and the club's 9 year history of being non-competetive.