Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Trade Mike Flynn to the Browns?

Granted, BB and the coaches love the big oaf too much to do it, but seriously, why not? We know he can't block worth two cents, plus we could get something pretty big out of them for him. At the least, we could get a fourth or fifth round pick for him.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Trade Mike Flynn to the Browns?

Yeah, but after Friday I am not ready to turn the line over to Jason Brown. That kid might need another half a year to get himself into a solid playing mode.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

As much as we are down on our starting center.Does he really deserve the fate of doom,being sent to Cleveland.:D
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

I have to agree with Stinger on this one -- I would love for Brown to take over at center, but he was very disappointing on Friday. It was just one game of course, but I'm beginning to think that we were so desperate for someone to send Flynn to the bench, that we overestimated Brown. I still have high hopes for him, but if that game was any indication, he needs more time.

But having said all that, it's an intriguing idea, because the Browns sure do need some help there.

I didn't think Brown looked that bad, certainly no worse than Flynn.

As much as we are down on our starting center.Does he really deserve the fate of doom,being sent to Cleveland.
    Especially since he might burst into flames!! :D

http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum...hread.php?t=57

It seems as if Flynn will be here until he retires. With Jason Brown not developing as fast as hoped, it looks like Flynn will start the entire season at center.

Of course there are some things to consider with Jason:

- Jason was going against Ngata and our DL which seems very deep and very good.

- Jason is still young and it takes time for young centers. See Rabach, Jeff Mitchell, Mike Flynn, etc. I believe though I am not sure that LaCharles Bentley started off as a guard before becoming a center.

- Friday was Jason Brown's first game at center during a game. Last year, Brown played guard.

Once Jason gets the terminology down and gets more game experience at center, he will be very good.

Brown and Chester are going to be fixtures in our interior line for years to come.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

As much as I want to see Flynn off our line I don't hate him and I sure don't want him dead which is what he would be in Cleveland. :D

Our WHOLE OL had a horrible yr last yr. Think about it Zeus, Vincent, Flynn, Muli and Ogden has his worse yr ever. These guys deserve a chance to prove that they are better than that. Trading our starting C to a division rival for a 5th round draft pick is freakin ludicrous. Brown, Terry, and Chester just give us some much needed depth in that area. The Clowns would have to blow us away to make a trade like that.

Blog Entries

ok, I guess this is true, but Flynn in particular has been pretty bad over the past couple seasons. We signed him long term, then watched Casey Rabach outperform him and then sent packing, since we had already committed to Flynn.

in all honesty, I feel bad for the Browns this year. without a starting C for this long, their OL is SERIOUSLY going to be thrown off. Plus, their QB is not very mobile, so we're looking at a chance to break the David Carr record of times sacked in a single season.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac
    Our WHOLE OL had a horrible yr last yr. Think about it Zeus, Vincent, Flynn, Muli and Ogden has his worse yr ever. These guys deserve a chance to prove that they are better than that. Trading our starting C to a division rival for a 5th round draft pick is freakin ludicrous. Brown, Terry, and Chester just give us some much needed depth in that area. The Clowns would have to blow us away to make a trade like that.

On Monday, I was listening to Rob Long's show and I forget the guest, but they talked about our OL. They mentioned that an OL that has Ogden and Mulitalo on it cannot be considered terrible. They also talked about how when the pocket started to collapse around McNair, McNair kept his cool and made his pass.

They talked about how much a good QB can make an OL look better and a bad QB can make an OL look terrible. I still maintain that the OL was not as bad last year as people believed.

1. Jamal was recovering from an ankle injury.

2. Boller would hold onto the ball too long, and would panic even when there was no reason to panic.

All of that to say that I really do not think our OL is as bad as we believe. The guest mentioned that maybe our OL is just build for runblocking better than for passblocking. He also mentioned Jamal does not get 2000 yards behind a bad line.

(I have more points but my wife is rushing me off the computer).
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Our line was terrible last year, don't kid yourself.A new quarterback doesn't change the fact that they were getting blown up at the point of attack. Jamal's 2000 yard season was three years ago, this is a different line now and last year.