Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Teams Allowed to Negotiate with UDFA Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Jeff Saturday has been one of the best centers over the last decade and he was a UDFA...signed and cut by us IIRC. :grbac:
    Yeah, center seems to be a really undervalued position for some reason. Guys like Jeff Saturday and Matt Birk prove otherwise.

He's an in the box strong safety. 6' maybe 6'1" and about 220lbs. Good range.
    What are the chances he makes the roster spot? He'd be the only real pure SS we have on the team. Maybe a good guy to rotate with Zibby on run/pass downs? We only have 3 safeties currently on the roster besides him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    What are the chances he makes the roster spot? He'd be the only real pure SS we have on the team. Maybe a good guy to rotate with Zibby on run/pass downs? We only have 3 safeties currently on the roster besides him.
    If we go with a typical formula of having 4 safeties (two free and two strong) then I think he could definitely make the active roster.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Jeff Saturday has been one of the best centers over the last decade and he was a UDFA...signed and cut by us IIRC. :grbac:
    Lot of very good undrafted players at Center. Look at Lyle Sendlein in Arizona. He's been the Cardinals best offensive lineman for years.

If we go with a typical formula of having 4 safeties (two free and two strong) then I think he could definitely make the active roster.
    He seems like he would be a great fit for this team and be a good contributor on special teams right off the bat. Also, doesn't it seem like were signing a lot of high character / team captain players?

Terron Sanders (DL, Florida)
    Bryan Hall (DL, Arkansas State)
    Talmadge Jackson (CB, Oregon)

Blog Entries

Which ever UDFA Center is more impressive in training camp has a very good chance of making the team.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Barnes also started out at Missouri playing guard...so he could definitely still make the squad as a back up guard.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Barnes also started out at Missouri playing guard...so he could definitely still make the squad as a back up guard.
    How effective was he as a guard and why did he move to Center?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Is he an upgrade over chester? He would be a lot cheaper...

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    How effective was he as a guard and why did he move to Center?
    I thought I read in a couple places that he isn't overly strong & physical? Can't say that I know anything about him, and we all know if one person reports something like that even it's without merit, it's hard to shake. I think he was a Rimington award nominee?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    I thought I read in a couple places that he isn't overly strong & physical? Can't say that I know anything about him, and we all know if one person reports something like that even it's without merit, it's hard to shake. I think he was a Rimington award nominee?
    He only really used his size (Mostly fat and girth) to move guys. Should get a good weight room regiment here and gain a lot of strength.