Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Josh Wilson on remaining a Raven.

"Being with the Ravens would be the best-case scenario," Wilson said. "But this is a business. A lot of times, you have to make business decisions. I have to see where I'm wanted. The most important thing is you go where you're wanted and you have an opportunity to play and be successful."
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...tory?track=rss

The guy has made a case for wanting to remain in Baltimore. He was our best corner last year (and until I see otherwise, would be the best corner on our team if we keep him) and he was out with the player practices this summer without a contract, which is a big risk for him.

I would love to see this guy return as a Raven.

Webb has shown flashes of being a good corner, but is still kind of raw. Foxworth is coming off an ACL injury, so who knows how long it will take for him to shake of the rust, Cary Williams is still kind of a question mark, and Jimmy Smith and Chykie Brown are rookies.

I know there is kind of a debate for different guys here...Nnamdi, Joseph, Cromartie, Carr, and Wilson. However, I think Wilson wants to stay here and I don't see any reason to send him packing elsewhere. Obviously it comes down to money, but I think if a fair contract is offered to him then he would stick around here.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Josh Wilson on remaining a Raven.

I like him a lot. If the Ravens do not sign Nnamdi, Wilson would be the next CB that makes sense. I am not sure that he is enough better than Webb to justify giving him a big contract though. Webb if fully healed from the ACL, may even be better than Wilson.

:T2:

It took Webb several games to shake of the rust after his ACL injury, so Foxy may not start at the top of the depth chart. Problem is that he will be getting paid like a starter.

I like what I saw from Wilson and Williams. Nnamdi and Joseph will command high dollar bidding, so I'm thinking that isn't Ozzie's focus.

The focus will/should be Front Seven Pressure. If Matt Ryan got sacked as Roddy White pushed Wilson to the turf last year, no comeback win!

Blog Entries

If no one is lining up a crazy deal for him, I think we keep him. Due to lockout, can't count on Jimmy Smith starting Week 1. Need a guy to bridge the gap. A starting trio of Wilson, Foxworth, Webb would look good to me.

It's been Chris Carr vs Josh Wilson, in terms of the decision point. I love the way Carr has played, but my preference would be Wilson.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    It took Webb several games to shake of the rust after his ACL injury, so Foxy may not start at the top of the depth chart.
    Webb only had ~9 months between his ACL tear and week one of the 2010 season. Foxworth will be at 14 months. That's a huge difference.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

It will be interesting to see if Wilson would rather stay a Raven or take the money. I doubt he's going to get both.

Sounds to me like he has one foot out the door already.

I'm starting to sense that the Ravens are going to get picked over like a thanksgiving turkey.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    If no one is lining up a crazy deal for him, I think we keep him. Due to lockout, can't count on Jimmy Smith starting Week 1. Need a guy to bridge the gap. A starting trio of Wilson, Foxworth, Webb would look good to me.

It's been Chris Carr vs Josh Wilson, in terms of the decision point. I love the way Carr has played, but my preference would be Wilson.
    If the lock-out ends today as predicted there's nothing holding Jimmy Smith back from starting. He gets a full TC, he'll be up to speed.

Blog Entries

He'll certainly have the opportunity to get out there and turn some heads.

I'm just not too thrilled with the idea of a rookie corner when we've had issues with our front 7 and putting pressure on the QB. We have to go one of two ways.

1 - spend money on a pass rusher to ensure favorable match ups with our corners.

or

2 - make a play to keep our best corner from last year so at least one side of the field is taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He'll certainly have the opportunity to get out there and turn some heads.

I'm just not too thrilled with the idea of a rookie corner when we've had issues with our front 7 and putting pressure on the QB. We have to go one of two ways.

1 - spend money on a pass rusher to ensure favorable match ups with our corners.

or

2 - make a play to keep our best corner from last year so at least one side of the field is taken care of.
    I think Foxworth and Webb will be the starters with Smith pushing one of them eventually. Brown and Williams look like a decent 4/5 option.

Wilson wants to come back, but he may have a much better shot of keeping a starting job and getting big money elsewhere.

Blog Entries

I dont know.

I think with guys like Nnamdi, Joseph, Ike Taylor, and Cromartie all on the block, guys like Josh Wilson might have to take what they can get.

Obviously there is always a big need for corners, but if Wilson wants the opportunity to start, make some coin, and be a part of a winning franchise, staying in Baltimore might be his best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont know.

I think with guys like Nnamdi, Joseph, Ike Taylor, and Cromartie all on the block, guys like Josh Wilson might have to take what they can get.

Obviously there is always a big need for corners, but if Wilson wants the opportunity to start, make some coin, and be a part of a winning franchise, staying in Baltimore might be his best bet.
    Almost every team can use a starting CB. Just in our division every team has a starting job that looks open right now.