Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: League Year Could Begin on July 27...if

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I'll nitpick since you do. 2000 people don't have to read it. Less than one hundred player reps need to read and vote on this. It is extremely troubling that these player reps have either:

A) Not been properly educated on developments and intricate details of what they have actually been negotiating.

B) Have been misled by the owners who are trying to slip something past them, a tactic that surely won't work in a negotiation as important as this.
    32 player reps are only their as a voice of the players in negotiations. The players themselves still need to individually approve of any deal and each one has a right to get a comprehensive breakdown of the deal.

The third option is that the player reps agree to the deal, but now need time to sell the players on it. The anger probably comes from the fact that they feel pressured to do that faster than they feel appropriate.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

I have to call bullshit on De Smith's email. There's no freakin' way that the NFL put something out there that wasn't talked about.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

3. Re: League Year Could Begin on July 27...if

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Why shouldn't they? Is it in Cantonese? Or are they too stupid? Why do you assume that?
    Because a lot of them are too stupid. Definitely too stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Because a lot of them are too stupid. Definitely too stupid.
    Hmm... Interesting attitude. What evidence do you have that these men are stupid? Specifically that at least HALF of them are too stupid to understand a contract.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    I'm hearing that even if the players don't approve tonight the timeline the commish put out will still stand meaning the doors will open on Saturday. Hopefully if it's not done tonight the player's will approve before Tuesday and everything will still stand.
    I think they are indeed going to open the doors, but the league year...ie the beginning of player transactions will not start until the union is reformed and the lawsuit is settled.

6. Re: League Year Could Begin on July 27...if

That's right. Hold up the show until drunk driving Vincent Jackson gets his 10 million.

Hmm... Interesting attitude. What evidence do you have that these men are stupid? Specifically that at least HALF of them are too stupid to understand a contract.
    You're stupid if you think Chad Ochocinco, Channing Crowder, Dez Bryant, Jared Gaither, or Chris Johnson are going to read a 500 page legal document.

Hell, it would be commendable if even Harvard grad Matt Birk read through and understood the entire thing.

It is a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo. All they need is all the key points and exactly how it affects them.

We should all just chill out here folks. This lockout is unprecedented and fan frustration is equally unprecedented.

Back to the issues...looks like the players will be allowed in to the facilities on Saturday. They will have until Tuesday to vote. But there isn't a feeling of trust at all based upon this reported by Albert Breer:

Email from Dee Smith to Players says NFL's rough timeline violates fed labor law: "Those laws prohibit employers from coercing their employees into forming a union."
    I want to know WTF these guys were doing over the past 1 1/2 weeks. Didn't they all understand the timeline? And don't these guys realize that they have to recertify given anti-trust issues?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

9. Re: League Year Could Begin on July 27...if

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    You're stupid if you think Chad Ochocinco, Channing Crowder, Dez Bryant, Jared Gaither, or Chris Johnson are going to read a 500 page legal document.

Hell, it would be commendable if even Harvard grad Matt Birk read through and understood the entire thing.

It is a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo. All they need is all the key points and exactly how it affects them.
    Damn blind officials didn't see McClain spitting. Who are they, Anne Frank?

Antonio Cromartie the other day " I ain't giving anybody no hometown discount"

We're not dealing with geniuses here.

Whats funny is i've seen countless player interviews, tweets, etc. and not one of them can say whats been "slipped" into the CBA...

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Damn blind officials didn't see McClain spitting. Who are they, Anne Frank?

Antonio Cromartie the other day " I ain't giving anybody no hometown discount"

We're not dealing with geniuses here.
    It's not even about that. The ratio of dummies to average (however, average might be being a dummy) in the NFL is most likely the same as any work force.

It's not logical for these guys to read an entire legal document. Go through the main points of the deal in depth. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post

I want to know WTF these guys were doing over the past 1 1/2 weeks. Didn't they all understand the timeline? And don't these guys realize that they have to recertify given anti-trust issues?
    That is the million dollar question.

It's one of 3 things here in order of likelyhood IMHO...

A. The owners really slipped some daggers in here that has not been reported and has pissed off the players.

B. The players lawyers have really dug their claws in here and simply want to hold onto the lawsuit as long as possible so they can get a few of those ridiculous demands we've been hearing about the last week...and they will not relent on them until they are met.

C. The players simply want to miss time from training camp.