Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NFL Sunday Ticket Free for New Subscribers to Direct TV.

I wonder how many current subscribers will try to find a way to cancel and then get the free offer?

I buy it to watch the games from Tampa but it would be nice to get a discount.

Blog Entries

Re: NFL Sunday Ticket Free for New Subscribers to Direct TV.

Free for a year I'm guessing, then you are back to regular price. Which isn't bad, but you're just getting a one year tease. That's why I don't ever look at the advertised price. I always ask for the "one year later, no special deal price". It gets much gloomier/disheartening then.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I had cancelled my automatic renewal of the Sunday Ticket. Called them up this past weekend to see if there were any deals to come back and was told no. I told them then I won't be getting it and all they could say was if there was anything else they could help me with. Last year I wasn't able to get a discount either though I know some posted that they were.

I am a current DirecTV subscriber. I checked the TV schedule and it looks like (here in the Boston area) I'll get to see 8 or 9 Ravens games on "regular" TV.

So I'm seriously considering not renewing Sunday Ticket this year. $320 is a lot to pay to see just seven games that I can't get otherwise. And if I do that, I will likely cancel DirecTV altogether and go with a (less expensive) local cable provider for TV.

That they're giving Sunday Ticket away free to new subscribers but no discount for me, a long time customer, just makes me want to leave them even more.

This will be my first year with Sunday Ticket. Switched to DirecTV a few months back with the intent of scaling back the bar visits and opting for the living room instead.

Not too worried about the money since that price is less than I would spend eating / drinking out over the season.

I'm currently with Dish (have been for past 6 years) but will be switching to Direct Tv in the next couple of weeks. Dish will not let me upgrade to HD for free, but offers it free to new customers. I'm NOT paying $200 to upgrade when they have been getting my $ for almost 7 years now, while new customers get what I want for nothing. I will be more than happy with NFL Sunday ticket free for one year. After looking at what Direct Tv offers compared to Dish, I don't know why I didn't make the switch years ago!!

Question to those in the know:

I'm on the verge of ordering Directv, but I have a bit of concern: Two weeks ago I was out of town and staying in a motel that had Directv. While I was watching TV, a T-storm hit with heavy rains, and suddenly the signal was lost with the following message "Directv is searching for a satellite signal". After the rain stopped, the signal was back. My question is obvious: Is it common to lose signal during a heavy rain? What about when it snows? I don't want to buy into a 2-year contract (according to their site, that's what's required to get the full year of Sunday Ticket) and have to worry about the weather affecting my viewing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post

I'm on the verge of ordering Directv, but I have a bit of concern: Two weeks ago I was out of town and staying in a motel that had Directv. While I was watching TV, a T-storm hit with heavy rains, and suddenly the signal was lost with the following message "Directv is searching for a satellite signal". After the rain stopped, the signal was back. My question is obvious: Is it common to lose signal during a heavy rain? What about when it snows? I don't want to buy into a 2-year contract (according to their site, that's what's required to get the full year of Sunday Ticket) and have to worry about the weather affecting my viewing.
    Had Directv for YEARS, it occasionally interrupts during STRONG storms but not often. During the fall/winter I doubt you'll have much to worry about. If you do DIRECTV has an option where you can watch online. Make the switch. Matter of fact I'll recommend you so you can get a $100 off and so can I :D

Matter of fact if anyone wants to get $100 off let me know I'll PM you what you need to get it.

Rain or snow can cut off the signal if it is heavy enough but it rarely happens and when it does rarely lasts long.

It rains a lot here in Houston (not recently though) and we lost signal once during a VERY heavy rain. It was only out for a few minutes.

I see it as a trade off as I am a picture snob and you get a truer HD picture with satellite.

You can also buy aftermarket dishes that are slightly larger and do not have issues in the rain.

Blog Entries

It does happen during very strong storms but it usually isn't out for long. The only time I have a problem is when we have very wet and heavy snow that can just sit on the dish. I had that once last year and it lasted during the evening and half a day until the sun melted it. We had terrible ice problems here all winter so by comparison it wasn't so bad. That was also the first time in many years we had that issue. You can also still use the DVR while the dish is out so it's not like the TV is now unusable.

I use cable for my internet service and I've had more interruptions from cable going out than I ever did from the satellite going down.

Thanks everyone for your responses! GOTA actually put it in perspective, in that's it's only down rarely, and far less than cable. I almost forgot about that. I was with Comcast for 12 years, and had numerous outages, even during perfect weather. I finally had enough of their crap last year, and got rid of them in March 2010, relying on broadcast TV to watch football last season, and using Verizon DSL for internet. I think if I get Directv, I can handle a few brief outages during heavy rains, especially to get free Sunday Ticket for a year!