Nate Clements potential cap casualty?

I've been hearing that Clements may be a cap casualty in San Fran. If this is the case, do you see the Ravens looking at him as an alternative to resigning either Chris Carr or Josh Wilson? I haven't had too many opportunities to watch the 49ers over the past few seasons, but recall Clements being pretty darn good while in Buffalo. Carr is coming off a very good season, but can he repeat it? I'm not sold onstarting Jimmy Smith, especially with the short time frame he will have to get ready for the season, and Lardarius Webb and Domonique Foxworth could prove to be quality starters, but there are question marks there. Clements could be an affordable legit starter knowing that Namdi is likely out of the question. Thoughts?

Blog Entries

Re: Nate Clements potential cap casualty?

Can Clements tackle?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Can Clements tackle?
    Yes. He's actually a very good tackler, he had over 80 tackles last year. There has been a lot of talk about moving him to safety now that he's older.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yes.
    Alright, now we can really discuss the matter. He did not seem like much of a tackler in Buffalo. Was he the guy who picked off Matt Ryan and, instead of sliding to essentially end the game, tried to take it back to the end zone and fumbled the ball back to Atlanta?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Alright, now we can really discuss the matter. He did not seem like much of a tackler in Buffalo. Was he the guy who picked off Matt Ryan and, instead of sliding to essentially end the game, tried to take it back to the end zone and fumbled the ball back to Atlanta?
    Yup. That was a frustrating play for the 49ers fans. It reminded me of all those Ed Reed laterals that drive fans crazy

No man that was dre Bly. Nate Clements is a lot better than that scrub. I would be all for Nate and I believe he is a very physical corner who would be able to press.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    No man that was dre Bly. Nate Clements is a lot better than that scrub. I would be all for Nate and I believe he is a very physical corner who would be able to press.
    Actually, He is correct, Dre Bly did a similar goof up a couple of seasons ago after intercepting Ryan and high stepping Deion Sanders style only to be stripped of the ball. The Eternal Ring is referring to last season when Clements intercepted Ryan and would have sealed the win if he just went down, but didn't, and the Falcons took advantage of his mistake by getting another chance to win the game, which they did. It is pretty crazy that such similar instances took place with Matt Ryan being intercepted only to get the last laugh. But I do agree with you, I would take Clements over Bly anyday at any points in their careers.