Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Building the Perfect "Sports Talk Radio" Beast

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I could see a situ where Yanda gets signed away from the Ravens right when FA starts. Nnamdi's signing is initial stalled b/c of the magnitude of it. Since the Ravens struck out on retaining Yanda, they put a full court press on Nnamdi.

You really don't know.... You think you know... but you don't know... And you never will.. ok
    The thing the gets me about all the speculation, is that it isjust speculation. I do not care if Oz holds a press conference and says, "no, we have no interest in signing this guy." There is no reason to believe he would tell the public what his true plans are, or even were after the fact.

I do not think they are lying about wanting to keep Yanda, or thinking that Nnamdi is a longshot, but doubt they even know how it will play out.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Go to Miami, find a tranny that played touch football, get a mic, oh wait, we already had that beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Do they not get along or something? It seems like they made for some good debates while calling into each other's shows. Rob seems to have found a small rotational role at 105.7. I do not know what the odds are, but I would rather see the Ravens sign Nnamdi if only one or the other is going to happen.
    Rob is a pro!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Though I don't listen to much sports talk anymore because it's all really bad, the only guy I can stand to listen to is Qadry Ismail. He's funny at times he's not pompous, speaks clearly unlike the dimwit Hollinder that somehow bribed BAL into letting him talk over the air. And he doesn't have a big dumb sports guy laugh.

But whomever it is I only like one host, I can't stand listening to two or more people argue about who's the smartest one there. All I care about is the facts. Anything beyond that is wasted air time.

First: Know your sh*t. Nothing will get me to change the dial faster than someone that doesn't have the facts correct, nor care to do the required analysis to turn the facts into a meaningful conversation.

Second: Know your history. So much of Baltimore sports can be - and should be - jutaxposed against the bigger picture and events from the past. For instance: You will hear a lot of talk shows talk about how bad the Orioles are in developing talent, and how they used to be able to bring up player after player using "The Oriole Way." But I would love for someone to do a detailed analysis of how it all went downhill starting with EBW.

Third: Stick to the knitting. Stick to talking about Baltimore sports.

Fourth: Do your homework. Anybody can go on a radio and read news/blog stories or interview guests. I think the best sports talk show hosts are those that actually do their own reporting/investigative work.

In my opinion....
    Last edited by PeterB58; 07-18-2011 at 05:03 PM.

105.7 should change their handle to:

105.7, Sports Radio for Novices

Rob Long and Ken Weinman are the only 2 people on Baltimore talk radio who seem to know what they are talking about, IMO.

Like Gota said, switch over to XM/Sirius and listen to sports talk on there for a few hours. You will cringe every time your car starts up and you accidently catch a segment of the Bert and Ernie show (Garceau and Kahn).
    Last edited by Crean N Crimson; 07-18-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RockGod View Post
    Though I don't listen to much sports talk anymore because it's all really bad, the only guy I can stand to listen to is Qadry Ismail. He's funny at times he's not pompous, speaks clearly unlike the dimwit Hollinder that somehow bribed BAL into letting him talk over the air. And he doesn't have a big dumb sports guy laugh.

But whomever it is I only like one host, I can't stand listening to two or more people argue about who's the smartest one there. All I care about is the facts. Anything beyond that is wasted air time.
    Wow - he is about the worst I have ever heard! Like they say - everyone is entitled to their opinion!

Ok...I know I am gonna get nailed for this but whatever.... I prefer the WNST brand. Local...Nested has an eye for local talent ( Rob, Jeremy, Bruce etc...) Nestet can be rough around the edges but he knows his local sports better than Jen Rolyle, and Anita Marks

WNST is comparable to 105.7, IMO. The good jockey's always leave for bigger and better things, which really waters down their product.