Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: James Walker thinks the Steelers are cooked.

If they lose Ike Taylor, that would leave them with zero CBs capable of covering Mason.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    If they lose Ike Taylor, that would leave them with zero CBs capable of covering Mason.
    He's their best CB without question and losing him would add on to their problems. I still believe they are a playoff team barring injuries but these distractions and issues will make it that much tougher for them to return to the Superbowl.

Blog Entries

If they lose Ike Taylor and do not replace him with someone of equal quality, I would expect the Ravens to win the division. Their ability to press is what has helped their pass rush be so effective. Teams that have been able to spread them out and/or go over the top, have defeated them. Now, the Ravens have two guys at WR in Torrey Smith and David Reed, as well as one guy at TE in Ed Dickson, who can go over the top.

Without Ike Taylor, I do not see how the Steelers would beat us.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Yeah they are real thin at corner...I'm excited to see what the threat of Torrey Smith over the top does to Polamolu...back him up off the LOS and that'll open things up.

Blog Entries

I think Walker is reading way too much into a bunch of talk. The real issue for the Steelers is who do they have under contract who can play CB?

Oops, it looks like Ring beat me to it. By the way it's not just Ike Taylor who is a free agent but also William Gay. McFadden is a long shot to make the team after last year.

If they lose Ike Taylor and do not replace him with someone of equal quality, I would expect the Ravens to win the division. Their ability to press is what has helped their pass rush be so effective. Teams that have been able to spread them out and/or go over the top, have defeated them. Now, the Ravens have two guys at WR in Torrey Smith and David Reed, as well as one guy at TE in Ed Dickson, who can go over the top.

Without Ike Taylor, I do not see how the Steelers would beat us.
    If the Ravens go in full attack mode from start to finish instead of freezing up and choking then of course they increase their chances of beating the Steelers and possibly beating them badly like they did twice in 2006.

Blog Entries

Squeelers are crooked? Walker is just finding this out?

How about all those trophies they stole. Just ask Seattle. Everytime we go up there they
    take a TD off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think Walker is reading way too much into a bunch of talk. The real issue for the Steelers is who do they have under contract who can play CB?
    That's why I was surprised Walker gave up on the Steelers so soon, he typically lets things play out in training camp and preseason before he makes predictions. He could be right but I would wait and see how this plays out. However I wouldn't completely ignore what Walker is saying but again I would wait and see how this turns out over the course of the season.

I have no issues with Walker's prediction. He essentially said that the teams are so close that this could give the Ravens the slight edge. Besides, at some point Flacco will beat Big Ben and he's been very close over his career so the law of averages will kick in. It's not like Walker is taking a leap of faith.

Blog Entries

This is how serious it is that they could lose Ike Taylor and not replace him with someone as good:

The Ravens could keep Heap and Rice back to block, with a three receiver set, and still put points on the board.

I will never count the Steelers out. People always rush to do so here, but that team always seems to find a way...even in their "down" years after winning the Super Bowl, they finished around .500 and they are one of the best teams in football in replacing high priced free agents.

As for Taylor, sure it'd hurt em, but for what seems to be the thousanth time, the Steelers do not depend on thier corners...they are ALL about pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I will never count the Steelers out. People always rush to do so here, but that team always seems to find a way...even in their "down" years after winning the Super Bowl, they finished around .500 and they are one of the best teams in football in replacing high priced free agents.

As for Taylor, sure it'd hurt em, but for what seems to be the thousanth time, the Steelers do not depend on thier corners...they are ALL about pressure.
    You're right they shouldn't be counted out and I don't think they will miss the playoffs but I do think the Ravens will have a bigger chip on their shoulder this year than the Steelers. They seemed to have rallied around Joe Flacco after everybody and their mama threw dirt on him this offseason. You also know that when the Ravens are ignored and discarded they play like a team with a major chip on their shoulder. The Steelers will be the hunted in the AFC and the Ravens won't be the only ones going after them (Patriots, Colts, Jets, Chargers etc...).