Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Nnamdi may want up to $19 million a year

I'm not sure an NFLN reporter saying market demand could net him an offer of $19m/year equates to Nnamdi may want $19m/year.

Contract speculation is worthless during a time when no signings are possible anyway.

As for said speculation, no CB is worth 1/6th of a team's salary in an era of these pass defense rules.

Blog Entries

Asomugha must think that the Raiders are still in the mix. No team is going to pay that for a non-QB......even the Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    He must be smoking some real good stuff if he thinks the Ravens will be able to pay Nnamdi, Ngata, Flacco, Grubbs and Ray Rice (I know he didn't mention Grubbs or Rice but they will be up for new contracts too).
    If Grubbs can demand a contract anywhere that would result in him being included in a group of players we need to be worried about whether or not we can sign cause of the money they'll demand, then we should absolutely let him walk. That dude's a Tetris block, interchangeable with almost anyone else at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No, reality will not set in.

You'll see.
    That post right there was made of pure f*cking win.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Chris wasn't even making ten, four years ago, was he?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Chris wasn't even making ten, four years ago, was he?
    I'm pretty sure the most McAlister got in a year was $8 million

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm pretty sure the most McAlister got in a year was $8 million
    That is what I thought as well. I mentioned ten, in case his salary increased to a higher amount at some point in the middle of his contract. That really puts this into perspective. I know that the NFL in bringing in more revenue now, but are you going to pay Asomugha, more than DOUBLE what a top 3 CB was making back in 2006 (The injuries piled up after that)?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I wouldnt pay 19 million per for Deon in his prime, i def wouldnt do it for a 30 year old Nmamdi, even if i had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I wouldnt pay 19 million per for Deon in his prime, i def wouldnt do it for a 30 year old Nmamdi, even if i had it.
    He won't get $19 million a year and I wouldn't pay him that either. The Redskins would offer him that but Nnamdi isn't wired like Haynesworth where he'll take the most money no matter who the team is. Unlike Haynesworth, Nnamdi does actually care about winning.
    Last edited by SugarRay52; 07-07-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    That is what I thought as well. I mentioned ten, in case his salary increased to a higher amount at some point in the middle of his contract. That really puts this into perspective. I know that the NFL in bringing in more revenue now, but are you going to pay Asomugha, more than DOUBLE what a top 3 CB was making back in 2006 (The injuries piled up after that)?
    You're also looking at a similar age range. McAlister was probably 28 or 29 when he signed that deal.

By the way last year Tom Brady signed a deal averaging $15.7 million a year. Is a CB worth 17% more per year than Brady?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    He won't get $19 million a year and I wouldn't pay him that either. The Redskins would offer him that but Nnamdi isn't wired like Haynesworth where he'll take the most money no matter who the team is. Unlike Haynesworth, Nnamdi doesn't actually care about winning.
    IS that backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    By the way last year Tom Brady signed a deal averaging $15.7 million a year. Is a CB worth 17% more per year than Brady?
    Of course not, but to be fair, Brady's situation wasn't the same as Nnamdi. Were Brady a free agent after months of waiting and a short gap to training camp, he'd get more than $15.7 million/year today. His deal is also fairly cap friendly, just like Revis' extension last year.

In the end, determining worth is very simple - it's whatever they get. If Nnamdi signs a 3 year, $45 million deal, he's worth $15 million/year. If he goes for 3 and $60 million, he's clearly worth $20 million/year, at least to someone (in this market and in this offseason).
    Last edited by BLSmokey; 07-07-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    IS that backwards?
    Bad mistake on my part LOL, I have corrected myself.