Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ray & Ed Crack top 5 in NFL as voted by players

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Link?
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-network-list/
    .....Support Our Warriors.....

Thanks for the link.

It's pretty funny reading the comments section of the PFT article.

There is no right or wrong list -- it is what it is. This is a list of player opinions, not who has better stats, more impact, etc.

Great to see two Ravens garner so much respect from the rest of the players, but lets not kid ourselves and say this is list is definitive. This list is about as relevant as Pro Bowl voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    I don't understand why people have such a hard time with the players list. The entire purpose was to see who THE PLAYERS feel are the top 100, not sports writers, A-hole Skip Bayless, and every other NFL fan with a mouth, the whole thing has gotten blown way out of context. Yes some players might be higher/lower on a different list, but not to the players. There's no arguing who should be where, because it is simply the players opinions; nothing is set in stone. Regardless, it's damn impressive what respect and admiration the NFL players have for Ray and Ed to put them that high.

Opinions are like @#$holes, everyone has one and they all stink.
    Well said.

I'm fine with the list and all its vagueness. Some players voted more on career achievement, some on half a season worth of play. Who cares? Even if the "rules" for voting were iron clad, we'd still have disagreements. I thought it was cool that Polamalu and Reed were back to back, leaving plenty more room for that argument to continue.

As for Bayless, I refuse to care about that man's opinions. There are some sports-media guys who know their stuff but who generate controversy just for the sake of creating discussion. I happen to think Mike Preston falls into that category -- rarely believing what he claims to be his opinion. Then there are idiots who simply don't know what they're talking about. This is Bayless.

Blog Entries

Basing the list on last year's performance may not have been the best idea. It may have been easier to go by a combination of the player's career and current abilities, because it seemed that such a formula was in some of the player's minds.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    They also ranked Ryan and Freeman ahead of Joe Flacco.
    Ryan is already better than Flacco and Freeman had a better season last year in his second year than Flacco had for his third. And don't bring out the "but Flacco's won more playoff games" argument, which is ridiculous given he's had a 61.6 QB rating in those games...Flacco hasn't been the reason we've won any of the playoff games he's won.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Ray Lewis is a better player than Peyton Manning and played better last season.
    Um, no he's not and no he didn't.

Roethlisberger is WAY too low on this list. Rosenthal is right, #41 is a joke.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Ryan is already better than Flacco and Freeman had a better season last year in his second year than Flacco had for his third. And don't bring out the "but Flacco's won more playoff games" argument, which is ridiculous given he's had a 61.6 QB rating in those games...Flacco hasn't been the reason we've won any of the playoff games he's won.

- C -
    The players can rank the other players however they want, but I do not get why anyone thinks Freeman and Ryan are "better" than Flacco. By what measure? Some people want to throw out playoff wins for some Qbs but use it to seperate other Qb debates where the stats are close like Brady vs Manning or Elway vs Marino or whatever.

:T2:

- C -

Flacco played pretty good against the Chiefs so in correcting you he has struggled for the most part in 6 of his 7 career playoff games, not all 7. I guess I have found the Flacco hater on this board, I was hoping to avoid that on this board (too much drama on the Sunspot board).

Reread my post, I never said he struggled in all of the playoff games, I said he wasn't the reason we won any of them, and he wasn't.

There's a difference between being a Flacco hater and a realist. A Flacco hater says we will never win with Flacco. That's not me. I actually really like Flacco and believe he'll be one of the better QBs in the league over the next decade. A realist realizes exactly how good Flacco is right now. Only people in Baltimore think Flacco is a better QB right now than Ryan. Flacco has a slightly better QB rating this year than Ryan with a far better group of receivers. But the vast majority of those outside of Baltimore and Atlanta would tell you Ryan is the better of the two.

Freeman is a more interesting discussion, but he's made incredible progress from his first to second season. If he continues to improve, he's going to be probably the best young QB in the game.

Feel free to read this as more Flacco hating if you want, but you're being pretty presumptuous on a board where you've spent less than a month, completely misinterpreting a post that it looks like you didn't bother reading.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

First off, how is Matt Ryan better than Joe Flacco?
    Second, how did Josh Freeman have a better season?
    Third, what did Peyton Manning do that Ray did not, this past season, other than win his division, which Ray would have if he had such a cake division to deal with?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Reread my post, I never said he struggled in all of the playoff games, I said he wasn't the reason we won any of them, and he wasn't.

There's a difference between being a Flacco hater and a realist. A Flacco hater says we will never win with Flacco. That's not me. I actually really like Flacco and believe he'll be one of the better QBs in the league over the next decade. A realist realizes exactly how good Flacco is right now. Only people in Baltimore think Flacco is a better QB right now than Ryan. Flacco has a slightly better QB rating this year than Ryan with a far better group of receivers. But the vast majority of those outside of Baltimore and Atlanta would tell you Ryan is the better of the two.

Freeman is a more interesting discussion, but he's made incredible progress from his first to second season. If he continues to improve, he's going to be probably the best young QB in the game.

Feel free to read this as more Flacco hating if you want, but you're being pretty presumptuous on a board where you've spent less than a month, completely misinterpreting a post that it looks like you didn't bother reading.

- C -
    I stand corrected and I apologize, please don't pick on the new guy too much for making an honest mistake. I just came from the Sunspot board and this board is ten times better so I won't start any drama over here and I'm hoping no one starts any drama with me. Another note, would it matter to you if the Ravens won the Superbowl and Joe Flacco wasn't the primary reason?

Blog Entries

Matt Ryan had a better offensive line, in protection and rush offense, than Flacco. It is up to you to decide whether Boldin, Mason and Heap are better than Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez and Michael Jenkins.

I will give Matt Ryan credit for his team gaining the number one seed in the NFC. However, after seeing how bad they were embarrassed by Green Bay (The game was over by halftime, thanks to a Matt Ryan pick six), I am not so sure that he is better than Flacco. That is the second playoff game where Matt Ryan's interceptions have played a large role in an Atlanta defeat.

12. Re: Ray & Ed Crack top 5 in NFL as voted by players

- C -
    One reason why Matt Ryan seems to be the better QB is this; the Falcons allowed Ryan to pass the rock more than the Ravens allowed Flacco. This could be one of the reasons Ryan has progressed well. If you allow a QB to pass the ball more, he will be able to get more in a rythm and connect with his wideouts ona more consistant basis. With the league being a "passer friendly" league as of the past few years, we need to allow Flacco the ability to do what a QB does~PASS THE BALL :D

2010 Season

Matt Ryan~571 Att................357 Comp...............62.5% Passer rating
    Joe Flacco~489 Att................306 Comp...............62.6% Passer rating
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 07-04-2011 at 09:47 PM.