Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TJ Housh sings J. Smith's & Ravens' praises

"[Jimmy Smith] asks me about the Ravens and I told him he couldn't have got on his knees and prayed to wind up on a better team. He is very lucky to be drafted for the Ravens. It gets no better."

"It just sucks that I was only able to play one year [in Baltimore]," Houshmandzadeh said. "Top to bottom, it's great there."

LINK

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

I've always felt the criticism Housh got here was unwarranted and this article proves it. He simply spoke his mind and was unapologetic about it the whole way.

I wish there was a way to keep him but I seem to be in the minority on that.

Great to hear such high praise on our rookie DB. Coming from a guy like Housh, it means something.

Blog Entries

Re: TJ Housh sings J. Smith's & Ravens' praises

Housh was great here he made some big catches and drew a lot of PI's. Only real blemish was the Pitt drop. I didn't care what he did after he caught a first down as some did. I wish he could stay, but I know he can't. Classy words by Housh! (I'll always be a fan of his now(unless he goes to Pitt))
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

I wish Housh had come here two years ago instead of going to Seattle.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

We'll see if this lasts once he gets some offers. The Rams made a play for Housh last time. I bet they offer a more this year.

Blog Entries

GOTA - I think you're right with the Rams. I could also see San Fran taking a look at him. Michael Crabtree is supposedly still dealing with a foot injury that has lasted well over a year now. They really don't have any good receiver depth outside of him, so Housh will definitely have the opportunity to start.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The appealing thing about Housh is that he's a plug and play receiver. Every team needs a possession guy who knows how to get open. It doesn't matter what system you run. He's also smart and will be ready to go game 1. A lot of teams could really use someone like that. I don't see them paying him big money but he'll get some good offers.

I'm sure he'll find somewhere to contribute, but I'm glad it won't be here. I like the guy speaking his mind, but he was in the headlines non-stop last year. It gets to a point where a WR who doesn't even start just needs to shut up and play football.

The Rams would be an ideal landing spot for him. He'd be a good target for Bradford. I'm sure he could put up a 60 catch/750 yard season there with a few touchdowns.

Housh was very up and down with the Ravens. He did make some great plays, and drew quite a few PI's, but he also had quite a few drops, of course his last one being easily the worst.

Blog Entries

I think that his bravado and honesty, in the end, did not play over well with some, because his play was inconsistent. At first, some could understand his frustration with not getting in the game more. However, when you have games like the one he had at Cincinnati and such a crucial drop in the playoffs, that bravado and honesty will easily be mistaken for cockiness. Even if Houshmanzadeh admits that he could have made more plays.

Schematically, it just was not a good fit. Personally, I was in denial about that when he first signed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I saw that Houshmanzadeh was working out with the likes of Eric Wright, in California. If he could play against Wright every week...:D
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore