Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why the Left loves Perry.

38 electoral votes to Obama...from "Ruby Red" Texas? Pack it in folks, the Fat Lady is screaming.

Obama beats Perry 47-45....in Texas. I kid you not. A Democratic Presidential candidate hasn't won in Texas since 1976. That was so long ago that Trap was probably still smoking pot, listening to Zeppelin, wearing flowers behind his ear and thought that the Age of Aquarius was the sign of End Times.

Shit even Reality Diva Sarah Palin gets more support than Perry. If Perry can't win in Texas what does that mean? Really...what does that mean?

John McCain won the state by a margin of 56 percent to 44 percent over Barack Obama.

"Perhaps the clearest indication of the weakness of the Republican field is
    their performance in ruby red Texas. Texas wants to be rid of President Obama with only
    42% approving of his performance and a 55% majority disapproving. However, it would
    be a single digit race against any of Obama’s perspective Republican opponents. Obama
    performs weakest against Mitt Romney, trailing 42-50 (49-42 in January). Obama trails
    native son Ron Paul 40-45, Michele Bachmann 44-47, and Tim Pawlenty 43-44. Obama
    ties Herman Cain 43-43, and leads Sarah Palin 46-44 (46-47) and Texas Governor Rick
    Perry 47-45 (45-45)".

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p..._TX_629513.pdf

Of course you might try to diminish the value of this news by criticizing PPP but this poll isn't about Obama only being close to Perry but actually beating him. I would be posting this if Obama was within single digits of Perry but beating him?

C'mon man. :hammer:

Blog Entries

Re: Why the Left loves Perry.

Texas hasn't voted DemocRAT since Carter and McCain carried Texas by 12 points in 2008. Perry carried Texas with 55% of the vote as well.

You need to lower your dosage of MediJane.

Blog Entries

You're more gullible then I first thought, Galen.

All kidding aside, you really think Texas will go to the Dems? Really?

This has to be a gag right?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You're more gullible then I first thought, Galen.

All kidding aside, you really think Texas will go to the Dems? Really?

This has to be a gag right?
    First of all nice ad hominem but I would be happy to debate who is more gullible in their arguments for or against Perry since you would prefer to not comment on why Texas is apparently more supportive of Obama than Perry according to one poll.

You have put up an opinion piece by WSJ about one single postive quality about the job Perry has done in Texas. Simply go back and read the comments to this opinion piece to see how shallow an argument it is to say Perry is an exceptional "job creator" and see whether gullible is an apt term to describe your support. For convenience here is a link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...abs%3Dcomments

Do I think Obama wins Texas? I wouldn't bet on it but there is a poll (not a opinion piece) that makes that exact suggestion albeit over a year out from the actual poll that matters. Is it more gullible to believe a respected poll or an opinion piece produced by a Ruppert Murdoch organization?

I would bet that that single poll is a more accurate reflection of the reality of Rick Perry's overall performance than your opinion piece but if you would rather discuss gullibility, have at it.

The man who is the board champion of using biased and opinion cites chides me for posting an opinion piece. You can't be more predictable. Loving the fear and your quaint response!

You should be more concerned that an unannounced candidate is within two points of an incumbent.

Blog Entries

The man who is the board champion of using biased and opinion cites chides me for posting an opinion piece. You can't be more predictable. Loving the fear and your quaint response!

You should be more concerned that an unannounced candidate is within two points of an incumbent.

I am almost growing tired of constantly watching Galen getting but it is fun.

Seriously though G, if you're not afraid of Perry you sure are going to great lengths to prove it, which 9 times out of 10 means you are what you say you're not - in this case that would be afraid of Perry.

IMO here is someone you should fear, from everything I have seen over the past few years he is a true conservative. http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...n-robert-costa

lol...didn't think so.

I will add though that I do appreciate you lowering your expectations of Perry to a level where he is performing worse than the other "unannounced candidate" against Obama in Texas, Reality Diva Sarah Palin who in the same poll, was only one point behind Obama. Well done. With that admission, I think we can close the book on Mr. Perry.

So on another note are you praying hard for rain down there in Texas as Mr. Perry called on you to do or have accepted that the great state of Texas will need federal support for your state of emergency?

Tough call huh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    So on another note are you praying hard for rain down there in Texas as Mr. Perry called on you to do or have accepted that the great state of Texas will need federal support for your state of emergency?

Tough call huh?
    Politics have no standing when discussing natural disasters and the resources needed to mitigate the scenario. If partisan politics prevents 0bama from releasing funds needed to cover overtime and whatever else when its asked for proves beyond a shadow of a doubt what kind of prick he truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Politics have no standing when discussing natural disasters and the resources needed to mitigate the scenario. If partisan politics prevents 0bama from releasing funds needed to cover overtime and whatever else when its asked for proves beyond a shadow of a doubt what kind of prick he truly is.
    The feds have already declared the entire State of Texas a Natural Disaster. My point is Perry derides the federal government to the point where he boasts about the right to secede until of course he needs several infusions of stimulus money to pay his bills and federal money to deal with a drought.

I'm just glad the Earth is cooling.

Obama isn't playing politics around this issue. I think that lesson has already been learned:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post

Good "shop" job.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post

Good "shop" job.
    what are you trying say there are no Rockfish on Bourbon Street?