Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Adrian Peterson vs. Ray Rice

Off the field it's pretty clear who is the better player. This past weekend Ray Rice held a great charity event for the kids of New Rocehelle, NY. Rice and a bunch of NFL players and former Rutgers players met with a ton of kids and worked with them on their football skills. The kids loved it and the community loved it.

Adrian Peterson has decided to skip the Adrian Peterson football camp. Oh yeah, parents paid $199 to send their kids there for 2 days.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...football-camp/

Boys and girls aged 7-14 are paying $199 to attend the Old Spice Adrian Peterson Football Camp on Thursday and Friday. But those who signed up thinking they’d meet Adrian Peterson at the Adrian Peterson Football Camp will go home disappointed.

A note on the camp’s web site explains that Peterson has decided instead to go to a taping for NFL Network’s Top 100 program.

Even with the lockout giving Peterson more free time this offseason, another scheduling issue has come up, and this time it’s going to result in some disappointed kids.

Ray Rice is all class while Adrian Peterson continues to be a tool who fumbles as much off the field as he does on the field, which is a hell of a lot.

Re: Adrian Peterson vs. Ray Rice

'Ughs' all around to Peterson this offseason.

I am a huge fan of the way he plays the position, but he seems to be one of the many athletes it's better to see than hear. If he could only figure out a way to stiff arm his own stupidity.

On another note: this top 100 garbage continues to get lamer...and lamer...in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post
    On another note: this top 100 garbage continues to get lamer...and lamer...in my book.
    I stopped paying attention to the crap a while ago. There doesn't seem to be any clear cut rationale. Sometimes they take past into consideration, sometimes they don't.

I understand why they are doing this as they needed something to talk about on the NFL Network with the lockout going on. I would do the same thing if I was running the joint. But this is all somebody's opinion which is neither correct nor wrong.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

To be fair to Peterson, oftentimes star slaves had to cancel their appearances at summer cotton camps to go do interviews with reporters for local newspapers.

His comparison grows more and more valid by the day. Clearly, this is a man who thinks his comments/actions through very carefully.

:grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post
    To be fair to Peterson, oftentimes star slaves had to cancel their appearances at summer cotton camps to go do interviews with reporters for local newspapers.

His comparison grows more and more valid by the day. Clearly, this is a man who thinks his comments/actions through very carefully.

:grbac:

I can't wait to read the story 10 years from now when Peterson is wondering where all his money went.

Blog Entries

The camp is now saying "blame us, not AP".

I know many may not agree with me on this, but I'd rather have Ray Rice over Adrian Peterson.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The camp is now saying "blame us, not AP".

I know many may not agree with me on this, but I'd rather have Ray Rice over Adrian Peterson.
    So would I. All those fumbles take away a lot of the great running ability that Peterson has. Rice rarely fumbles plus he's an incredible receiver and can be a big yards per carry guy. I'd take Ray Rice, MJD and Chris Johnson over Adrian Peterson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    So would I. All those fumbles take away a lot of the great running ability that Peterson has. Rice rarely fumbles plus he's an incredible receiver and can be a big yards per carry guy. I'd take Ray Rice, MJD and Chris Johnson over Adrian Peterson.
    I'd toss Matt Forte onto that list as well.

He does everything really well. He's very underrated as a back.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The knock on Peterson was never that he wouldn't be great. It was that his running style and prior injury history can probably have no hope of lasting in the NFL. Most predicted he'd start to decline rapidly somewhere around year five.

He didn't fumble the ball last year. Once, okay...a career low. But his numbers still overall weren't as good. Not way down, and yes, likely had to do with how poorly the team was doing. But the reality is that this guy is likely not going to be viable in another two or three years.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Peterson runs very straight up which means he takes a pounding. Tough to do that year after year. It will be interesting to see when he does slow down. The tell will be his yards per carry dropping quick.

His offseason asshattery aside, it would seem some of you are selling Peterson a bit short in this thread as a player.

Over his first four years, he's averaged nearly 95 yards a game, 4.8 ypc, and a touchdown per start. Those are HOF-caliber numbers. He's only missed one game, and if last season was any indication, his fumbling woes appear to be under control. This guy is a great running back. Keep in mind he's only had a legitimate QB for one of the four years.

To break it down a bit more, in three playoff games, he's averaged nearly 90 yards per game with five touchdowns. In his single game against the Ravens (I got to see Hauschka miss in person! ), he had 166 total yards and gashed us for 6.5 ypc.

As a complete back, I'd perhaps take Rice or MJD over him, but he's the best pure running back in the game, IMO. If Peterson can stay relatively healthy for 4 to 5 more years, he'll be THE back of this era.
    Last edited by BLSmokey; 06-23-2011 at 09:57 AM.