Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Things just keep getting better every day here. It's nice to see so many of the good posters keep registering.

Unfortunately we all know that means some trolls are going to try and follow as well. If that does happen stay away from the personal attacks and let the mods handle things. Remember we all came here to get away from that nasty stuff and talk football.
    YEAH Peterman! :word

j/k :grbac:

I too must endeavor to abstain from full-on nuclear retaliation, once a necessary survival tool on Sunspot :bag:
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Peterman - hardly anyone knew that after they banned my wickedsolo account I came back as Sweet_Lu.

I think maybe GOTA, Ravor, and maybe Ngata Nother Suggs may have been the only people who knew.

GOTA called me on it within 5 posts. Haha. Just shows you how long we've been reading everyone's crap. :)

Dude! I had that with the quickness and you know it!

EdReed4HOF - EdReed4HOF

Bufflehead is here to join the party. I hope everyone is having a great and healthy Summer.

Hopefully football is here sooner than later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_f1GzmwHo

Hey guys - thanks to those who sent me PMs and let me know what was going on.

To all who are looking at me right now like an outsider walking into the wrong bar:

I know I'm a black sheep here, but I think most of the former SunSpotters here will vouch for me being a pretty decent guy (well, for a Steelers fan). In the last 3.5 years I've been posting there, we've gotten along pretty well, it's been a lot of fun, and I'd like to be able to keep it going here.

I don't see the world through black and gold glasses - when my team is criticized and it's valid, I'll happily agree. And I won't jump in trying to defend Pittsburgh every time a poster says "Pittsburgh sucks" or "F the Squeelers". And when I do argue on behalf of my team, I'll do it with stats, facts, and logical arguments, not childish taunts and name-calling.

With that said, here's to hoping that the lockout really is close to an end, so we can start looking forward to the season...regardless of what colors we're wearing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Peterman - hardly anyone knew that after they banned my wickedsolo account I came back as Sweet_Lu.

I think maybe GOTA, Ravor, and maybe Ngata Nother Suggs may have been the only people who knew.

GOTA called me on it within 5 posts. Haha. Just shows you how long we've been reading everyone's crap. :)
    I remember when I first suspected and publicly posted it and you would always say, 'Who's Wicked"? lol. A subtle hint that the cat was supposed to remain in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    Hey guys - thanks to those who sent me PMs and let me know what was going on.

To all who are looking at me right now like an outsider walking into the wrong bar:

I know I'm a black sheep here, but I think most of the former SunSpotters here will vouch for me being a pretty decent guy (well, for a Steelers fan). In the last 3.5 years I've been posting there, we've gotten along pretty well, it's been a lot of fun, and I'd like to be able to keep it going here.

I don't see the world through black and gold glasses - when my team is criticized and it's valid, I'll happily agree. And I won't jump in trying to defend Pittsburgh every time a poster says "Pittsburgh sucks" or "F the Squeelers". And when I do argue on behalf of my team, I'll do it with stats, facts, and logical arguments, not childish taunts and name-calling.

With that said, here's to hoping that the lockout really is close to an end, so we can start looking forward to the season...regardless of what colors we're wearing.
    I would argue that some of the best times I've had at a visitor's stadium is when we've had respectful debate/trash talking devoid of insults and by the end of the day, win or lose, you can shake hands and say, "that was fun and good luck."

In the spirit of friendly competition, sportmanship and objectivity. O say, "Welcome!"
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

JustLoveMyBirds, SteelFaninBmore and myself are some of the younger posters that you will find around here. I don't think that Wicked is much older than me. SugarRay, if I am not mistaken, was another poster in his/her twenties. I have not seen him around here yet.

Blog Entries

Glad you came over SteelFaninBMore. The only affiliation a troll has is to trolling. You don't have to be a fan of the team that they are trolling against to be annoyed by it. All posters who just want to talk football have been turned off by it.

The best of Sunspot keeps joining this board which is already loaded with great football posters. I can't wait for the lockout to be over and the games to start. Being part of great football talk is going to ease the sting of this offseason somewhat.

Blog Entries

How many SunSpot posters have joined? It seems like twenty. Are there any moderators out there to do a count?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    How many SunSpot posters have joined? It seems like twenty. Are there any moderators out there to do a count?
    Probably somewhere around there.

One of the best parts of this forum are the wide variety of smileys.