Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    When I found a clear violation of the TOS I would report it over the years but I can't ever say that anything came of it. And then I would see great posters like Beau Petard and Wicked Solo get banned for some headscratching reason. I don't know what was really going on there and honestly I don't care. That board failed and I happy to now be part of the 24x7 community.
    They seriously banned Beau? I didnt know that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan19 View Post
    They seriously banned Beau? I didn't know that.
    That was a few years ago, IIRC, and he took a vow of silence.

checking in! glad to see there is a good alternative to sun-spot

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    If by "media" you mean that bozo Tony Lombardi, well, I won't make excuses for his drivel.
    TL is considered "media"?

I thought the proverbial monkey had finally gotten ahold of a keyboard and instead of the collected works of the Bard what has transired is a myraid of rambling- and at times inane- narratives that only frequently approach anything closely resembling the original point.

See, no sophomoric insults over here. They're a lot more mature and well thought out.

Now that's out of the way, geez, most of us have been around each other for a while. Greg invited me, from the AOL Raven's board, to the Crayon Forum shortly after Nicki and I got married. That was 12 years ago.

I check this forum every night and between Tony's articles and the intelligent posters it's always worth reading. Plus we have PSU's permission to call him an ass whenever we want.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    checking in! glad to see there is a good alternative to sun-spot
    what's up cody?

Sweet_Lu here...formerly known as wickedsolo.

I was wondering if Sweet Lu was you Wicked.
    Man you sure got the shaft when you got banned.

In comparison they let this chick say some real nasty stuff about posters swallowing body fluids and the like because some folks were down on Troy Smith after he left the Ravens. That kind of explicit sexual language was allowed for over a week even though many posters reported her.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Okay, what did you get banned for?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Okay, what did you get banned for?
    I battled with the Mods.

For the better part of a month there was just an absurd amount of trolling going on and it seemed like I was sending notices to the admin/mods over there multiple times throughout the day for obvious violations of the TOS and situations that were just plain unnecessary, yet nothing was being done about it. I'm active duty US Navy and I had guys calling me Sailor Fag, etc. Hell, one guy even told me that he hopes that me and my colleagues get hit with an IED. Granted, this was probably just some punk being a punk, but that is just something that I don't eff around with. There are so few things that are sacred in this society and from my seat in the stands anyone who has or is currently serving in the Armed Forces is something that you just don't mess with. Especially because I know guys who have literally had an IED detonate with them in vicinity to get hit.

So, now that you understand the crap that we were all dealing with...

We were in the off-season and we were talking about something regarding roster spots, physical stats, college prospects, etc. All of a sudden a mod comes in all head-strong and just starts deleting threads that were started by good people, did not violate the TOS, and were about football. So, I got pissed and started a few random threads that were deleted immediately (just joke threads). Then the guy who had like 3 threads deleted by the mods started a thread telling the mods how ridiculous they were being. I chimed in and said "Dude, it doesn't matter. The mods are a bunch of effin clowns." [I didn't even say 'fucking'...effing]

The next day my account was suspended with a little note in my inbox saying that they were never going to lift the ban.

Some of those guys who do nothing but preach religion in dogmatic fashion are still there posting. Some of those steeler trolls and ravens trolls who are more interested in being internet tough guys are still there.

But people like me and Beau are banned yet 99% of our posts were football related.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    I was wondering if Sweet Lu was you Wicked.
    Man you sure got the shaft when you got banned.

In comparison they let this chick say some real nasty stuff about posters swallowing body fluids and the like because some folks were down on Troy Smith after he left the Ravens. That kind of explicit sexual language was allowed for over a week even though many posters reported her.
    The one and only sir.

I'm trying to get the admin here to change my user name from what it currently is to wickedsolo. Honestly, I'd be cool with Sweet_Lu as well. RavensFan19 is too generic for me.

Blog Entries

Don't feel bad Solo.

Aaron banned me from his board for the same thing. I criticized his
    subcription forum after he said we were dead beats on the radio for
    not subscribing.

I said why subscribe when his comments are plastered over most of the
    boards.

A mod got me back in and Aaron promptly banned me again.

You won't see any Squellers trolls here like The Hats, Steel, drk blue
    and those jerks.

Mods won't put up with them here.

And I'm sure you remember Bruce Cunningham being banned from Sunspot.

So you're Sweet Lou?
    Did you check out that Chad Henne sucks forum?

LOL
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-22-2011 at 01:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Don't feel bad Solo.

Aaron banned me from his board for the same thing. I criticized his
    subcription forum after he said we were dead beats on the radio for
    not subscribing.

I said why subscribe when his comments are plastered over most of the
    boards.

A mod got me back in and Aaron promptly banned me again.

You won't see any Squellers trolls here like The Hats, Steel, drk blue
    and those jerks.

Mods won't put up with them here.

And I'm sure you remember Bruce Cunningham being banned from Sunspot.

So you're Sweet Lou?
    Did you check out that Chad Henne sucks forum?

LOL
    I actually didn't mind Drk Blue. I thought he was ok.

I did check out the Chad Henne sucks forum. I kind of feel bad for the guy, but such is the price you pay to be a QB in the NFL. I still think that Henne could be a decent QB for the Dolphins...I just think that they need to be a run-first team and they couldn't do that last year once Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams got hurt. We'll see. I suppose the odds are not in my favor, but if he were going to succeed there then the time is now with his receivers, a re-built and healthy OL, a good defense, and I'm thinking they go after Willis McGahee.

Blog Entries

Good point. Didn't they draft some protection this year?

Parcells didn't help his cause much but he's gone.