Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    If by "media" you mean that bozo Tony Lombardi, well, I won't make excuses for his drivel.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Old habits die hard. But okay. I pledge allegiance to the 24x7.

Quote Originally Posted by shaslers View Post
    Old habits die hard. But okay. I pledge allegiance to the 24x7.
    Umm, didn't you come from here in the first place friend? ;):D

Hey maybe we can do a Ravens 24x7 poster meeting at the stadium this year.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Here is the letter that I sent to Talk Admin at the Sunspot forum a few days ago. I CC'ed GOTA, Shaslers, and B-More Ravor on it as well.

Originally Posted by Sweet_Lu
    Talk Admin,

With all due respect, you guys are absolutely terrible with moderating the Ravens section of this board. I realize that perhaps not all of you are Ravens fans or you just are too busy with other sections and other threads, but it's gotten to the point where a vast majority of us who have been members here for a decade or more are leaving. The bottom line is that there is so much explicit violations of the TOS from posters who are more interested in inciting rather than discussing football and there is no one there to really see what's happening. It's pathetic and honestly, it's a shame because you guys are losing a lot of great members. There is such a quick hand to ban quality posters over little things, yet you allow people who discuss things of racist nature, anti-Semitic, sexual, and just plain childish behavior. Please don't tell me that the correct procedure is to click the little "exclamation mark" icon to notify the admin of these types of posts, because frankly I can't tell you how many times I've done that and still the same issues persist. I know for a fact others have asked for you guys to actually do a bit more moderating over on the Ravens board because even though it is a board dedicated to football, it is still a RAVENS board and there is no need for the nonsense that goes on over there. It would be easy for you guys to actually do something about it, but it really just appears like none of you are truly interested.

It's sad. This used to be a premier spot for Ravens fans to gather and plan events and discuss things in general good nature. It's not like that anymore and a big reason for that is a lack of presence for you and you're colleagues.

Respectfully,
    Sweet_Lu
    Here was their response: (and you'll see why I "bolded" a certain portion)

Sweet_Lu,

Thanks for the email. I appreciate your concerns. Unfortunately, our moderators aren't going to catch everything that goes on the boards, so please give us a heads-up when you find objectionable content or violations of the Terms of Service. That will help us police the boards better.

-TA

So, if we're essentially responsible for moderating the Ravens board to LET ADMIN KNOW when someone is out of line...then why not appoint an avid poster to be a Ravens Board moderator? Hmmm...there's a thought...oh wait, we tried that about 3 years ago (I believe Shaslers may have been the name that most wanted to see...him or GOTA) and Talk Admin basically said no.

They really don't have any interest at all.

24x7 for this guy from now on.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Umm, didn't you come from here in the first place friend? ;):D
    Ha, not really. I was on the Sun board a long time. Before the SuperBowl year. I was just Shasler then. Then I changed jobs and because I stupidly registered with an old work email, which I could no longer access when I needed to verify my identity. So in 2004 I became Shaslers. I've been on here for, I would guess five years, but never posted as much here.

To mark my latest "move" I think I'll just go with Shas. It's what I'm referred to anyway.

I see some friendly faces, ol' Sunnies, and some new ones as well.

Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post
    I see some friendly faces, ol' Sunnies, and some new ones as well.

Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him.

Fairwell and adieu to the old Spanish ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan19 View Post

Sweet_Lu,

Thanks for the email. I appreciate your concerns. Unfortunately, our moderators aren't going to catch everything that goes on the boards, so please give us a heads-up when you find objectionable content or violations of the Terms of Service. That will help us police the boards better.

-TA

So, if we're essentially responsible for moderating the Ravens board to LET ADMIN KNOW when someone is out of line...then why not appoint an avid poster to be a Ravens Board moderator? Hmmm...there's a thought...oh wait, we tried that about 3 years ago (I believe Shaslers may have been the name that most wanted to see...him or GOTA) and Talk Admin basically said no.

They really don't have any interest at all.

24x7 for this guy from now on.
    The funny part of that useless response is that even if/when posts were reported, they didn't do anything about them anyway. Now, they've got a total mess on their hand, a mess that could have been avoided with just a little bit of moderation.

Brilliant! :grbac:
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    The funny part of that useless response is that even if/when posts were reported, they didn't do anything about them anyway. Now, they've got a total mess on their hand, a mess that could have been avoided with just a little bit of moderation.

Brilliant! :grbac:
    Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan19 View Post
    Here is the letter that I sent to Talk Admin at the Sunspot forum a few days ago.

Here was their response...
    Dang, you got a response?!? All I heard was crickets chirping...

@ SunSpot

Blog Entries

When I found a clear violation of the TOS I would report it over the years but I can't ever say that anything came of it. And then I would see great posters like Beau Petard and Wicked Solo get banned for some headscratching reason. I don't know what was really going on there and honestly I don't care. That board failed and I happy to now be part of the 24x7 community.