Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

The best part of a board isn't your post count or the ability to have an avatar or signature. It's the posters. The Sun had no problem with trolls ruining the experience for the posters. All they had to do was use a little common sense and get rid of some of these obvious trolls. Now they'll pay the price, literally since there is no reason to even go there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    (re: the SunSpot board) The mods are no where to be found
    Not true! They were VERY quick to delete Peterman's thread directing the latest wave over here (or, at least that's where I heard about it!).

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The best part of a board isn't your post count or the ability to have an avatar or signature. It's the posters. The Sun had no problem with trolls ruining the experience for the posters. All they had to do was use a little common sense and get rid of some of these obvious trolls. Now they'll pay the price, literally since there is no reason to even go there anymore.
    Exactly Gota, so weird. I guess it happened over time, but it seemed like all of a sudden the place turned into a trash heap, and it easily could have been stopped.

Now we just need an agreement and some football so we all can start bickering amicably :D

What about these guys, some of which have been critical of us/me (and that's cool...just makes you want to get better)...not sure if it has worked..

Veritas
    Azosfan
    RavensDomination
    Brohan
    Leviticus (not sure if that's right)
    V-Max

Either way they are always welcome...
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Brohan was always kind of a negative nancy, though he did put out some good posts here ant there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    What about these guys, some of which have been critical ...Leviticus (not sure if that's right)...
    Either way they are always welcome...
    Did you mean lobachevski? He had some good posts, but I do think I recall a run in with 24x7.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Did you mean lobachevski? He had some good posts, but I do think I recall a run in with 24x7.
    Not all of those guys were critical...some certainly had points (at least those I read) that forced me to take pause and re-think some things. This site is a constant work in progress and if it wasn't we'd be failing all those who visit and all those who sponsor us.

The point I'm trying to make is that if the Sunspot folks who were critical of me/us are a little gun shy about coming over as a result, don't be. We all bleed purple and that's what we're all about. We're big boys and only on weekends do I behave like an adolescent. ;)
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Wink Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Azosfan
    RavensDomination
    Tony: Both are already registered here. I attend a few road games with AZ each season and he occasionally comes to our tailgate parties. (I believe the AZOS is a diff handle, same guy).

Ravens Domination can be counted to partake in a spirited debate whenever the Band is discussed.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Brohan was always kind of a negative nancy, though he did put out some good posts here ant there.
    I like Brohan. His views aren't always popular but he at least explains why he feels the way he does.

Blog Entries

RavensDomination is the poster I've known longest. He and I used to post on a shared board for every team. We were the Ravens guys in a sea of mostly Bengals fans. He's a very good poster and I hope he comes over.

11. Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

I only had time to get through 5 pages so I'll just say welcome. Love the SEINFELD banter.

The other Mods have already mentioned how we all came together 13 years ago. The SUN board always reboots every few years when folks get po'd. IMO, the problem is that they put someone from an office in charge of being a Mod. Here we have Mods that all know one another and enjoy it. Plus, we all have different schedules so there is almost always someone around to answer a complaint. But as previously mentioned, we don't really have to moderate much.

Steve's forums+Tony's content+Aaron's info is a pretty sweet combo.

Blog Entries

Brohan is a good poster. As GOTA mentioned, some of his main points of emphasis are not popular. He, like the vast majority of us, like to harp on particular points that we want to get across the most.

For example, Brohan is not a huge fan of Jared Gaither. He and I have had debates, if that is what you want to call them, with Sean (San Diego Sean), among others, about Jared Gaither.

He respects Mason's game, but is not a fan of Mason's act and will be quick to remind people of how Mason acted in 2006, when Mark Clayton started getting more attention in the passing game. Also, of how Mason did not want to play in the slot.

He believes that Steve Bisciotti meddles too much and does not hold the players accountable enough for their performance.

For the most part, he will give reasoning for his opinions.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore