Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

I made the jump over...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Awesome.

I think that'd be a lot of fun. I've got a couple of good friends in the are (military @ Meade) who would be interested in that too. So, we'd probably be able to put together a halfway decent team.

Plus, it'd be fun because I played in a league in college - as well as a rugby league - and the competition was heated during the game, but afterwards everyone would go to the local bar of choice for drinks & food.

Sometimes we were fortunate to be able to schedule games for Sunday morning, so when they were over we'd all go to the bar and watch the early games.

I think it would also be a good way to promote the site. We could get 24x7 tee shirts/jersey's made. As weird as it is, I guarantee that there are a lot of football fans in the MD/DC area that have no idea that 24x7 exists.
    I'd be down...My unit is at Meade as well and I played last year in the post league.

Hey, look what I started! ;)

Glad to see it spread so well.

As someone mentioned earlier, it kind of reminds me of when this Board started.

For the old posters - don't be concerned about the quality of the new posters, it's very good. Definitely a bunch of quality additions.

For the new poster, check out the mobile access to the Board thur Tapatalk.

Also check out the 24x7 app for Droid users. iPhone version coming so - right Tony!?! :)
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 06-27-2011 at 08:40 AM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Also check out the 24x7 app for Droid users. iPhone version coming so - right Tony!?!
    Yes...before the season starts...my guess...August.

Also perhaps as early as next week we'll have a mobile version of the site available as well.

And thanks Brian for recruiting some quality Ravens fans. It's unusual to increase quantity and quality. Mark Turgeon's coaching staff has nothing on you B-Ravor!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

The number may be closer to thirty now.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post
    The exodus is heavy, indeed!

Welcome all.
    Maybe it can be enough to shut that ragaboard down. I checked it an hour ago and it looked like nothing but stealer fans.

Been catching up on reading alot of threads here. Very well put together. Lots of good information. :ww:

Blog Entries

Looking forward to the NFL getting back in gear so we have something to talk about besides old times

I came over because of all the Steeler trolls and the various other sundry idiots on Sunspot. I started following the Colts back in 1957 when I was 15 so I am an old guy that likes to talk football and not trash. So far, I like what I see here a lot. Am really looking forward to the season starting and we can discuss the Ravens!:happyanim

Wink Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    As someone mentioned earlier, it kind of reminds me of when this Board started.
    Actually, it goes back further than that! This is actually the 3rd fan revolt which has helped feed the membership here. I can't remember if you were one of the originals -- I do know that, for a decade or more, I have been counting on your posts analyzing the cap, and FilmStudy's analyses of playcalling and performance.

The true roots of this message board came about in the "Great Sunspot Revolt of 1999", when message board participants resigned en masse in response to the Sunspot "Talk Administrator's" decision to publicly display member's IP addresses. At least 100 quit (in some cases, were actually banned by the otherwise invisbie moderator), then joined Admin's Steve's RR 42 site, which had been just created for use of the Bel Air area fan club, not to serve as a nation-wide (later world-wide) message board. Steve subsequently upgraded the system to accommodate the growth, then guided us to a professional site called Ravens Nest 2, then Ravens Insiders, then Scout.

The "Great Scout Revolt of 2006" came about for a number of reasons, including invasion by a handful of prepubescents who destroyed many meaningful discussions, the "Boller Wars" creating personal animosity, and downright shitty Scout home-grown software. Tony graciously invited us to join, resulting a few hundred coming over (I don't know if Tony had an regulars here prior to that).

Hopefully, this recent influx of members will be comprised mostly of members who abide by the general rule here of arguing the post, not attacking the poster, and maintaining a mature atmosphere. Newbies will find that there is actually little moderation of ongoing members stuff, because the board members fairly well self-police. In season, Steelers trolls get a quick hook, but otherwise there's not much that goes on behind the scenes except a few private warnings, often a reminder to not mix discussions about culture & politics into discussions about the Ravens.

:greece :usa:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Tony graciously invited us to join, resulting a few hundred coming over (I don't know if Tony had an regulars here prior to that).
    Without a doubt the single greatest 24x7 decision I ever made! Without you guys I would be like Ringo w/o John, Paul & George.

And now Hendrix, Page & Clapton have joined in. Sweeeeet!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

11. Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

How much of an increase in traffic are you seeing since "the revolt"?

good to see this board active, i used to check it out here and there but now that it is active the sun board will be secondary if i even check it nemroe