Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

Welp, 7 years of college education wasted as I tried to log on to this site! :o

Dan, thanks for the call, I left a message a couple days ago. To the several other SunSpot posters who PM'd an invite, thanks, it was much appreciated.

Glad to be back in the saddle and ready to discuss football, although I'm still carrying an adequate amount of bile and disdain for the owners AND the players with this whole mess. I see a lot of familiar names on here, and look forward to a forum that is more fun than what Sunspot was turning into over the past year.

Allez, Ravens!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post

Dan, thanks for the call, I left a message a couple days ago. To the several other SunSpot posters who PM'd an invite, thanks, it was much appreciated.

Glad to be back in the saddle and ready to discuss football, although I'm still carrying an adequate amount of bile and disdain for the owners AND the players with this whole mess. I see a lot of familiar names on here, and look forward to a forum that is more fun than what Sunspot was turning into over the past year.

Allez, Ravens!
    Happy to have you BP and welcome.

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Allez, Ravens!
    Alright! The #1 requested Sunspot poster has arrived! I knew you would come over eventually. Beau it's been great to be able to talk football here in a troll free zone. You're going to love it.

Blog Entries

Beau!!!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Allez, Ravens!
    BP! You old sailor, you. I must assume your voyage here was built for speed AND comfort?!

Allez, Ravens!
    Welcome Beau

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

BLS--
    Things have been in an uproar for the past 6 months or so. You may (or may not) recall my, shall we call it "dissatisfaction" ;), over on SunSpot with both the owners and players regarding the sad state of current NFL affairs. Honestly, I just couldn't get into logging in every day and forcing myself to pretend to be pleased with things and try and chat football, so I was checking the board less frequently.

Plus, SWMBO had me on a short leash, as we prepped Chateau Petard for sale. We threw out tons of stuff, packed tons of stuff, donated tons of stuff, and there's still way more stuff than there should be, but at least we're on the market now and hoping the right buyer comes along. In any event, that superceded any and all football activities. :(

Then, to add another ingredient, I found out I had a cataract, so surgery was scheduled, and this past Tuesday, my eye doc successfully removed the little beggar, and my sight is so improved I can now see through ladies' underwear!!! :D

Other than that, things have been a little slow....;)

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

BLS--
    Things have been in an uproar for the past 6 months or so. You may (or may not) recall my, shall we call it "dissatisfaction" ;), over on SunSpot with both the owners and players regarding the sad state of current NFL affairs. Honestly, I just couldn't get into logging in every day and forcing myself to pretend to be pleased with things and try and chat football, so I was checking the board less frequently.

Plus, SWMBO had me on a short leash, as we prepped Chateau Petard for sale. We threw out tons of stuff, packed tons of stuff, donated tons of stuff, and there's still way more stuff than there should be, but at least we're on the market now and hoping the right buyer comes along. In any event, that superceded any and all football activities. :(

Then, to add another ingredient, I found out I had a cataract, so surgery was scheduled, and this past Tuesday, my eye doc successfully removed the little beggar, and my sight is so improved I can now see through ladies' underwear!!! :D

Other than that, things have been a little slow....;)
    Right there with you on the pissing contest, sir.

SWMBO must come #1 as always. One key to a successful marriage is to find one that will let you pretend you're running the show. ;)

Best wishes on the housing rat race. It's a zoo out there!

Luckily, we've got a year or two until the current Casa De Smokey hits the market.

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Helped my grandpa get around after he had that done in both eyes (not at the same time, of course), and it's amazing how much better he could see afterwards. I have to wonder if HE was excited for the same reason as you.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Alright! The #1 requested Sunspot poster has arrived! I knew you would come over eventually. Beau it's been great to be able to talk football here in a troll free zone. You're going to love it.
    ....and all is right with the world! ;)

(now if we could only get Strez to join us - and post more often than he has recently....)
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post

(now if we could only get Strez to join us - and post more often than he has recently....)
    strez is another HOF poster. I'm looking forward to 10 questions about the 2011 season once we know it's coming. As long as he's still into the NFL we'll see him eventually

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post

Strez actually wrote a few columns for 24x7 that we call Strez Points. Here's the LINK

Would welcome him here and back to his old column.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

GOTA--
    I agree with your thoughts on the 10 Questions (or 10 Things We Learned, or whatever strez used to offer). I looked forward to those threads because I learned a lot, got some interesting insights and perspectives, and found out that some of the stuff I felt was wrong with the team may not have been an issue after all. Plus, it initiated some of the most intelligent discusions I recall reading about the Ravens. I agree and hope that strez joins in and cranks those threads back up.

BTW, hope all is well with the GOTA's! Please forgive me for not sending any explanations for my absence (on SunSpot), this getting older and CRS disease can interfere with the fun stuff! ;)