Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Troy Smith a raven

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Whether Troy Smith pans out or not, at least we didn't burn a 1st rounder on THIS GUY
    That is lovely. I'm not supposed to recognize any of those people, am I? I hope I'm not embarrassing myself asking.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I'm not to sure how great this guy is but i'd think puting a 6'0 QB behind a 6'9 Ogden is not that great. He can do a 5 step drop every time and still wouldn't be able to see over J.O's head. So if he plays at all this year watch and see how often he passes left and right. He maybe like a Ryan Leaf. But at least we only used a 5th and not the 1st overall pick.
    What you talkin' about Willis?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Whether Troy Smith pans out or not, at least we didn't burn a 1st rounder on THIS GUY
    Is that Brady Quinn?

Blog Entries

otherside of center...I am sure Ohio State didn't have Ts that were shorter than 6'0". It's not like a receiver or a CB is going to be able to hide in the blind spot of Jon Ogden...

also, someone mentioned the idea that if Troy Smith doesn't pan out as a QB, maybe having him do CB or WR. Any thoughts? I still say 5th round is a nice place to get him, no pressure to make him QB of the future, and we get a great athlete.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Is that Brady Quinn?
    Yes it is. The male crotch-grabbing future of the Cleveland Browns.

Oooh, turns out I did embarrass myself. :grbac: Nice find, Greenwave!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I like this pick b/c there is little, if any, downside. If he develops, which Boller did not, then the value is obvious from a late 5th round pick. If he has the talent displayed the last 2 years at OSU then he WILL develop much faster than Kyle and have a decent chance to take over after McNair is gone.

If we let him go you know Cleveland will sign him. :>)

FM
    Boller has developed - he's improved each season. He has shown that, with decent protection and decent receivers, he can do fine as an NFL QB (100+ QB rating in four of his last five games.)

If the Ravens are smart, they'll sign Boller to an extension, and keep Smith behind him (or competing with him), hoping to find themselves in the same situation the Chargers did with Brees and Rivers - two quality QBs, with one to trade.
    Al

except they didn't trade Brees, he left.