The Crazy Newshound has found a new Ravens article.

There's nothing quite like watching a 6-9, 350 lb. future NFL Hall of Famer grip it and rip it.

On Friday Jonathan Ogden hosted his 4th Annual Charity Golf Tournament at Waverly Woods in Marriottsville.

"Golf you know is a great unifier," Ogden told WBAL's Scott Wykoff as he mingled with the many athletes, businessmen and woman and Ravens fans who turned out for his charity event. "People seem to love golf all over the place and it's a great way to raise money so when you combine the two, doing something people love and being able to raise money, it just seems like a no brainer being able to get something together that everyone enjoys."

It was a day of golf and prizes and a celebration of the Ravens benefiting The Jonathan Ogden Foundation.

The Jonathan Ogden Foundation, Inc was established in 1996 as a tax-exempt charitable organization to assist young people in disadvantaged communities develop self esteem through athletics and education.

"I want to thank you all so very much," said Ogden as he spoke to the golfers as they got ready to head out onto the course at Waverly Woods. "It just shows the type of support that you all have for the community and for the Ravens organization and I hope everyone has an exceptional time."

The big crowd of golfers who turned out to take part in the charity tournament sends a clear message to the former Ravens All Pro offensive lineman.

"It just says that these people care about their community," added Ogden. "They understand that we are out here trying to better this city and anything they can do to help they love to do and that's just kind of the way this city has always been since I've been here in '96. They always look out for their own."

Ogden is an avid golfer who loves hitting the links both here in Baltimore and in Las Vegas where he also has a home.

"The key to my game is just trying not to hurt anybody," said Ogden with a big smile on his face. "Hit it down the middle. try to get on the green and try to make a two putt and move on. That's my game. Try to be consistent but it's golf and that's almost a four letter word, consistency in golf."

Jonathan also said it was great to just get out on the course with a bunch of friends and not to worry about the NFL lockout.

"It's nice to not even think about lockouts," said Ogden. "It's nice to be out here thinking about golf and everybody enjoying themselves and not concerned with the season and all the other stuff going on around it and just get out here and play some golf and enjoy each others company."

Ogden's foundation held its First Annual Celebrity Golf Tournament in June 2002 at the Cascata Golf Resort in Las Vegas, NV.

In June of 2008 his foundation held its First Annual Celebrity Golf Tournament in Baltimore in conjunction with its Third Annual Boxing Event.

Wendy Herr has served as Tournament Chairperson and Host of each of the Baltimore events.

Link to the full story.]