Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ed Reed's First Pitch @ O's Game

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Tony, I would...

New Colors... New Mascot.... Bring it on. I'd even boldly say that I'd be willing to go through a 10 yr dormancy like we did with the Colts and no football if it meant new baseball ownership.. The next 10 years of Os baseball might be a highpoint of a .500 season. And that's a big if, with the dearth of bats in the farm system and what quality FA will come to this franchise... Sorry, I'm growing utterly apathetic towards the Orioles and its sad.
    Well said. And no need to apologize.

The O's and Angelos should be apologizing to us.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The O's and Angelos should be apologizing to us.
    Not the O's. Just Angelos.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I would not want to lose the O's under any circumstances. I am 27 and have known the Orioles before the Ravens even arrived in town. I hate PA and how this team is ran but I do not want to see them go. Like many older Colts fans (no pun intended) I would be CRUSHED if the O's moved out of Baltimore. I can't put into words how heart broken I would be if I lost the Orioles.

FWIW, I would be a mess if we ever lost the Ravens as well.

My stomach is upset thinking about the thought of losing Oriole baseball. They piss me off so bad, but I'd take losing and having them than not having them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Seriously...I've been to little league games with more people than that...
    It's not just the O's. I saw part of the Braves and Marlins game tonight on accident and there were maybe 100 people in the stands in the 9th inning.

The thing is, how many people are surprised that there are more people attending Raven's minicamp than there are MLB games? The last two MLB games I went to were game 1 of the '95 World Series and then Nicki drug me kicking and screaming to a Braves game a few years after we got married. If the Ravens play the Titans in Nashville, we always go. Occasionally we get up to Baltimore for a game.

MLB is a dying franchise. It just isn't as much fun to watch as football.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Add the Astros to the list.

I've adopted them as my National League team and, in spite of a downright amazing stadium, attendance is embarrassing.

Now the team just went through a much needed sale, with an enthusiastic new owner now at the helm.

6. Re: Ed Reed's First Pitch @ O's Game

The Orioles are averaging less than 20,000 a game so far in 34 home dates.

They averaged close to 47,000 back when they last made the playoffs in 1997.

Shocking.

The Orioles are averaging less than 20,000 a game so far in 34 home dates.

They averaged close to 47,000 back when they last made the playoffs in 1997.

Shocking.
    And I don't think the missing 27,000 were all driving north on the BW Parkway...
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

The official attendance numbers are belied by the actual number of people in actual seats, too.

It's a disgrace the way that team is run.

Of course, there's no doubting Angelos knows how to run a business. He's making money hand over fist the way with MASN, and paying enough ballplayers to make the O's competitive might not be a good business strategy...
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Even given the embarrassing attendance - and it is embarrassing - OPACY is the best venue in all of MLB, and the Orioles storied franchise is second to none. We do not want to lose this baseball team for whatever reason, so let's dispel that notion asap!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Even given the embarrassing attendance - and it is embarrassing - OPACY is the best venue in all of MLB, and the Orioles storied franchise is second to none. We do not want to lose this baseball team for whatever reason, so let's dispel that notion asap!
    I second this!

Under no circumstances do the O's leave Baltimore.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Camden Yards is a relic compared to the stadia that have been built in the last 15 years.

AT&T Park, Minute Maid, Nats Park and Ballpark at Arlington all trounce Camden Yards in terms of seating comfort, accessibility, sight lines and modern features. AT&T Park in particular is light years ahead of Camden Yards.

Camden Yards holds a very important place in stadium history as it was the first of it's kind, but each park built since it's opening have expanded on it's greatest exponentially.

Time to stop living in the 80's and early 90's folks (and with orange and black glasses).

Camden Yards is a relic compared to the stadia that have been built in the last 15 years.

AT&T Park, Minute Maid, Nats Park and Ballpark at Arlington all trounce Camden Yards in terms of seating comfort, accessibility, sight lines and modern features. AT&T Park in particular is light years ahead of Camden Yards.

Camden Yards holds a very important place in stadium history as it was the first of it's kind, but each park built since it's opening have expanded on it's greatest exponentially.

Time to stop living in the 80's and early 90's folks (and with orange and black glasses).
    But none have the warehouse...I sort of love our "relic" and I'm hoping that estate taxes persuade Angelos to sell at some point, assuming of course he loves his sons.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi