Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Anyone else not sold on Webb?

Yeah Fox is not getting cut.

However, I think it would be prudent for the organization to not simply write him in the lineup immediately as a starter. Unless Wilson gets a brinks truck backed up to his house, I'd do what I could to keep him...he'd be insurance against Fox simply not being fully recovered (the mental part as well), AND he'd allow us to be very comfortable allowing Fox to work his way back into the lineup slowly.

I would be pretty satisfied with a CB group of Smith, Wilson, Webb, Foxworth, Brown and or Williams...with the latter 2 being special teams terrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yeah Fox is not getting cut.

However, I think it would be prudent for the organization to not simply write him in the lineup immediately as a starter. Unless Wilson gets a brinks truck backed up to his house, I'd do what I could to keep him...he'd be insurance against Fox simply not being fully recovered (the mental part as well), AND he'd allow us to be very comfortable allowing Fox to work his way back into the lineup slowly.

I would be pretty satisfied with a CB group of Smith, Wilson, Webb, Foxworth, Brown and or Williams...with the latter 2 being special teams terrors.
    I agree, with Carr being a fall back if Wilson's price tag gets too high

Why can't Webb play SS? Well at least compete for the position?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Why can't Webb play SS? Well at least compete for the position?
    He weighs 185 lbs soaking wet. The idea of him taking on Mendenhall/Hillis/Bensen is not something I think would turn out positive for us.

He's just too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He weighs 185 lbs soaking wet. The idea of him taking on Mendenhall/Hillis/Bensen is not something I think would turn out positive for us.

He's just too small.

Jim leonhard? Listed at 5' 8" 188 LBS.

Webb listed at 5' 10" 185 LBS.

You make a good point but if Leonhard can do it, why can't Webb?

5'8 and 188 is a thicker frame than a guy who's 5'10 and 185. Jim has a stockier frame than Webb and thus even though he is similarly weighted, he's more capable of playing the position without getting hurt.

Compare the thickness of their cores:

It's just like Ray Rice is big enough to play running back but it would be suicide for Jimmy Smith to try it. They both weigh about the same but Ray is a lot tougher because his weight is compacted into a thicker, shorter core.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Leonhard is a situational DB, not an every down player.

And he got hurt last season in a very minor collision in practice.

Kinda makes RiW point. We don't need a part time DB -- that's going backwards.

I guess you make a point HR. I was kinda thinking Webb could be in on passing downs with Nakamura getting the snaps on early downs. I think I'm just trying to find away to get Landry out and Webb on the field. The guy plays tough, which is why I think he'd be a solid SS. But maybe he doesn't have the ass to play it and a situational SS doesn't make sense right now for this team.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

9. Re: Anyone else not sold on Webb?

Webb was too inconsistent last year. But he has a place on the team IMO. He had a couple of superb plays on Mike Wallace in the 2nd regular season game against Pittspuke.

Hopefully with a full year back from injury under his belt he can improve.

I did dig into the numbers on ProFootballFocus a little bit though and here's what I found:

Wk 1 - N/A
    Wk 2 - Thrown at 4 times, 1 reception
    Wk 3 - Thrown at once, 1 reception
    Wk 4 - Thrown at 2 times, 0 receptions (Both Mike Wallace)
    Wk 5 - Thrown at 6 times, 5 receptions
    Wk 6 - Thrown at 8 times, 6 receptions
    Wk 7 - Thrown at 5 times, 4 receptions
    Wk 9 - Thrown at 4 times, 3 receptions
    Wk 10 - Thrown at 8 times, 7 receptions
    Wk 11 - No pass attempts thrown at Webb
    Wk 12 - Thrown at 6 times, 2 receptions
    Wk 13 - Thrown at 4 times, 2 receptions
    Wk 14 - Thrown at 8 times, 4 receptions
    Wk 15 - Thrown at 10 times, 5 receptions
    Wk 16 - Thrown at twice, 1 reception
    Wk 17 - Thrown at 12 times, 9 receptions
    Wild Card - No attempts thrown at Webb
    Divisional - Thrown at 5 times, 3 receptions

So Weeks 1 through 10 he allowed 27 receptions on the 38 times (71.05%) he was tagretted by opposing QBs. And he only had two games where he allowed less than 50% to be completed.

Weeks 11 through the Divisional game he allowed 26 receptions on the 47 times (55.31%) he was targetted and only had two games where he allowed more than 50% to be completed.

So that's a bit more encouraging.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Josh Wilson practicing with the Ravens recently is a good sign in my opinion. I can tell you that the front office wants to keep him and I believe that his relationships with fellow Terps Foxworth and T. Smith invite a hometown discount.

Carr is also well-liked by the team and is a favorite of Chuck Pagano's.

As for Webb the team really likes his ability to blitz off the edge. He's quick off the block and in the perfect world he could be a really nice nickel corner with Wilson and Smith at your 3 down corner positions.

Hard to see them keeping Carr and Wilson though. They've committed the dollars to Foxworth and they don't give up on FA investments that quickly.

All that said, I agree that this is a pivotal season for No. 21...
    I would really hate to not see either Josh Wilson or Chris Carr on the team. Carr has been a very solid and under-valued player. He had a bad first year here but since then he has been pretty good.

What I would really like to see is to have the "problem" that Webb is not needed to start at CB meaning we have good enough depth that he can be a backup. I would love to see him get back to be a great punt returner.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

11. Re: Anyone else not sold on Webb?

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Webb was too inconsistent last year. But he has a place on the team IMO. He had a couple of superb plays on Mike Wallace in the 2nd regular season game against Pittspuke.

Hopefully with a full year back from injury under his belt he can improve.

I did dig into the numbers on ProFootballFocus a little bit though and here's what I found:

Wk 1 - N/A
    Wk 2 - Thrown at 4 times, 1 reception
    Wk 3 - Thrown at once, 1 reception
    Wk 4 - Thrown at 2 times, 0 receptions (Both Mike Wallace)
    Wk 5 - Thrown at 6 times, 5 receptions
    Wk 6 - Thrown at 8 times, 6 receptions
    Wk 7 - Thrown at 5 times, 4 receptions
    Wk 9 - Thrown at 4 times, 3 receptions
    Wk 10 - Thrown at 8 times, 7 receptions
    Wk 11 - No pass attempts thrown at Webb
    Wk 12 - Thrown at 6 times, 2 receptions
    Wk 13 - Thrown at 4 times, 2 receptions
    Wk 14 - Thrown at 8 times, 4 receptions
    Wk 15 - Thrown at 10 times, 5 receptions
    Wk 16 - Thrown at twice, 1 reception
    Wk 17 - Thrown at 12 times, 9 receptions
    Wild Card - No attempts thrown at Webb
    Divisional - Thrown at 5 times, 3 receptions

So Weeks 1 through 10 he allowed 27 receptions on the 38 times (71.05%) he was tagretted by opposing QBs. And he only had two games where he allowed less than 50% to be completed.

Weeks 11 through the Divisional game he allowed 26 receptions on the 47 times (55.31%) he was targetted and only had two games where he allowed more than 50% to be completed.

So that's a bit more encouraging.
    Not too encouraging to me..So, now can you give us Wilson's and Carr's stats?

My observation is Webb gives up alot of receptions but he is a very sure tackler. Not much YAC when Webb is covering.