Stockers Trip Pictures

A fantastic weekend meeting fantastic people, seeing a beautiful city and just everything else all in, some memorable moments for me:

Straight of the plane and straight to an O's game (from a camera phone this one), big to CJ for getting us the tickets and to Ben for sticking around and taking us, I was feeling whacked until I saw the lights and the stadium, that helped keep me up that night and helped get me adjusted that little bit to US time that I needed.

Friday morning to the stadium and paying respects and homage to Johnny U, great quarterback and even though it's just a statue I couldn't help but be in awe.

View of the stadium from the tailgating lot, the two combined were perfect, the anticipation of the stadium was great but the party at the tailgate damn near topped it all.

Kickoff rolled around and the whole crowd was ready for it, a truly unbelievable and unforgetable atmosphere.

Pre-snap on the first TD I saw live at Ravens stadium, simple but effective lob pass to Heeeeeeeeaaapppppp!!!!!

The Vault full and just after the game, looks like an awesome stadium full or empty and I can't wait to be back next year for another go round, just an unbelievable experience.

Final compliments to the weather from Saturday lunch time onwards, beautiful warm sunshine tipifying this view over the Inner Harbor to Federal Hill.

Big thanks go all our hosts, can't say thank you enough! :eng: :uk:

Thanks to all hosts but as with RavenTD special thanks go to Fells Point Raven, top notch bloke and thanks so much for all the work put in to making a great weekend!

Re: Stockers Trip Pictures

You're very welcome. Your group is a bunch of wonderful fans to enjoy the game with.

Nice Pics

3. Re: Stockers Trip Pictures

wish i could have come over to the tailgate but im in charge of mine in lot h and couldnt leave it.

I know soccer fans over there are fanatical, but does Ravens Stadium compare to a football match over there?

Also is tailgating an american thing? or do football fans in the Uk tailgate too?

Ditto what 1996 said. I couldn't get away either. Glad you guys had fun. The pictures turned out great.

Hope you can come back for more fun.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I know soccer fans over there are fanatical, but does Ravens Stadium compare to a football match over there?
    I don't think so, these 4 guys were the highlight of the tailgate area and really got the group pumped for the game. It was a privelege enjoying it all with them!

The Soccer stadia are much smaller over here although The Vault is about the size of Old Trafford (Man U's ground) which is the biggest club stadium in Britain. Soccer fans don't tailgate as there is not enough room basically although Rugby fans do "tailgate" in the West carpark at Twickenham before England internationals. Mind you anyone reading me calling that tailgating will laugh if they know the truth, it's more champagne and cavier than ribs and beer

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I cannot really compare the noise to anything from soccer.Cause I have never been to a soccer game.
    But the sound just washed over you like a tidal wave of sound.

There were a few people in our section that weren't making a noise.To my right next to me.How they couldn't get into it I don't know.The quiet ones behind I got them into it by high fiving them.And they started to get up and cheer.

To those who sit on their hands.

Get your moneys worth.Make some noise.All of our voices were gone afterwards.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

It's a TOTALLY different atmosphere to a soccer game. There is just general all round noise as opposed to soccer chants and also the atmosphere is far less tribal and hostile probably due to the fact that so many of the crowd are home fans. It can't really be compared but I much prefered the atmosphere at M & T than at any soccer ground. Mind you the game i went to was the Home game against the Seahawks a few years back and that was quite a comeback!!:D

Glad you gents enjoyed the stadium...I'm sure you'll forgive those who weren't excited enough to actually CHEER and MAKE SOME NOISE for the hometeam-- They say that 10% of every fanbase is that way for whatever reason.

It's our job to train them properly and fill them with the Purple Pride they need to scream until it hurts and beyond!

After the Lot J tailgate singing and the shouting at the match I still am not back to my proper voice.

ps Doug was impressed with replacing 'D-Fence!' with 'Cease him!' - made him laugh.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

My voice is ok,I just have a sticky cough.

The funny thing I was coming out of Debenhams restaurant with the wife,and I almost burst into,"I'm Ravens till I die."

And then a day later food shopping in Tesco's at the checkout.I was singing
    "Rrrr Yaaaa Cleveland in disguise," at the shoppers a few checkouts down.:insane:

I do believe I am suffering with tailgate withdrawal syndrome.Got my Coors Lite for sunday.:bag:
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.