Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Global Warming? Cooling? AGW? Yeaaaah, riiiiight!

To all the Green occultists and believers; its a hoax! You've been had and its time get away from the false meme that is "Anthropogenic Global Warming".

From the article:
    ...This is the core idea of every official climate model: For each bit of warming due to carbon dioxide, they claim it ends up causing three bits of warming due to the extra moist air. The climate models amplify the carbon dioxide warming by a factor of three — so two-thirds of their projected warming is due to extra moist air (and other factors); only one-third is due to extra carbon dioxide.

That’s the core of the issue. All the disagreements and misunderstandings spring from this. The alarmist case is based on this guess about moisture in the atmosphere, and there is simply no evidence for the amplification that is at the core of their alarmism.

Weather balloons had been measuring the atmosphere since the 1960s, many thousands of them every year. The climate models all predict that as the planet warms, a hot spot of moist air will develop over the tropics about 10 kilometres up, as the layer of moist air expands upwards into the cool dry air above. During the warming of the late 1970s, ’80s and ’90s, the weather balloons found no hot spot. None at all. Not even a small one. This evidence proves that the climate models are fundamentally flawed, that they greatly overestimate the temperature increases due to carbon dioxide
    Come on EP and Galen, you guys ate this shit with a ladle. This guy would be considered an "intellectual" by the mere presence of his 6 University degrees. What your excuse now that one of the "scientists" comes out and calls it for the sham it is?

Keep in mind, I've got no problem recycling and conserving what resources are available and making things more efficient. Thats different than forcing changes through law that have NO IMPACT on the environment!
    Last edited by 4G63; 05-15-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Re: Global Warming? Cooling? AGW? Yeaaaah, riiiiight!

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Come on EP and Galen, you guys ate this shit with a ladle. This guy would be considered an "intellectual" by the mere presence of his 6 University degrees. What your excuse now that one of the "scientists" comes out and calls it for the sham it is?
    Do you understand the difference between a Climatologist and an Electrical Engineer? This guy has been a denier since 2008. His ideas have been refuted and often as he continues to demand he is right.

Part of the problem with this debate is that anyone who considers himself a "scientist" is believed by conservatives. I am sure Evans is a smart guy who has something to add to the debate but until actual Climatologists come out in dispute of AGW and the majority of them dispute AGW, I will still believe in what the actual climate scientists are saying.

This debate goes no where on this board everytime because of posts just like this one. I don't take the word of an electrical engineer to have the final word on AGW. Its not that simple. You might but you also don't see how highly edited videos mean nothing.

Here is a study that means something to me about opinions:

The 97% of active climatologists is 75 out of the 77 in the survey answered "yes" to this question: Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?

http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2009...logists_ag.php

Now compare looking at the issue of who supports AGW and who doesn't with this link. This is one of those 4 million (or however many they claim now) dispute AGW. The problem is that these gus are all probably bright guys but they are not climate scientists...they are "just" scientists of one nature or another:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...global_warming

This link is worthless.

So find me actual climate scientists that don't support AGW. As Ep said in the other thread, over 90% support AGW. Science still supports AGW and anyone who knows how to read science and lacks connections with carbon fuel industries and/or conservative think tanks/politics understand this.

I am a firm believer in Climate Change: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.

Nothing has been proven to be anything other then a natural cycle.

During the Winter of 1776 there were ice floes in the Delaware River on Christmas night.
    Was that caused by Global Warming? How was that possible without the Industrial Revolution?
    “Ed Reed for President! I figure if Ed Reed can get eight interceptions in 10 games, he can fix world peace." - Jameel McClain

Blog Entries

Hey Galen, do you know what 'follow the money' means?

Blog Entries

Here is a video that I am sure most have seen. The science in this is debatable as the science provided by people out to prove the theory of Global Warming.

Nevertheless this video does provide some good points, and touches on following the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaTJJ...eature=related

Hey Galen, do you know what 'follow the money' means?
    You really want to go there? Because 9 out of the top 10 Climate Skeptics are tied to Exxon.

'900+ Peer-Reviewed Papers Supporting Skepticism Of "Man-Made" Global Warming (AGW) Alarm' announces the headline on the Global Warming Policy Foundation's website.

The article references a blog linking to more than 900 papers which, according to the GWPF, refute "concern relating to a negative environmental or socio-economic effect of AGW, usually exaggerated as catastrophic."

However, a preliminary data analysis by the Carbon Brief has revealed that nine of the ten most prolific authors cited have links to organisations funded by ExxonMobil, and the tenth has co-authored several papers with Exxon-linked contributors.

The top ten contributors are alone responsible for 186 of the papers cited by the Global Warming Policy Foundation. The data also shows that there are many
    other familiar climate sceptic names among the major contributors to the list.

http://www.carbonbrief.org/blog/2011...sm-exxon-links

This link also describes the thoroughly debunked idea that hundreds if not thousands of "scientists" dispute AGW:

Climate sceptics do like big numbers: ' More than 500 scientists dispute global warming' was the story a few years ago. In December it was ' more Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims'.

Once you crunch the numbers, however, you find a good proportion of this new list is made up of a small network of individuals who co-author papers and share funding ties to the oil industry. There are numerous other names on the list with links to oil-industry funded climate sceptic think-tanks, including more from the International Policy Network (IPN) and the Marshall Institute.

Blog Entries

The fact is there is money on both sides of the argument. But either way you look at it there are several things that say we do and we don't have Global Warming.

For me when you add up that there have been several periods in history that have been hotter than we are now before there were cars, factories etc and that in the 4.6 billion years of earth, you expect me to believe humans lifestyle of the past 70-100 years have and any meaningful affect on the earths temperature????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    You really want to go there? Because 9 out of the top 10 Climate Skeptics are tied to Exxon.
    Exxon doesn't effect policy like "Climate Scientists" do. So let's get back on track shall we?

• Who funds "Climate Scientists"?
    • Would you really expect less than 95% of "Climate Scientists" to think AGW wasn't man made?

You're not that dense are you?

Blog Entries

So find me actual climate scientists that don't support AGW. As Ep said in the other thread, over 90% support AGW. Science still supports AGW and anyone who knows how to read science and lacks connections with carbon fuel industries and/or conservative think tanks/politics understand this.
    Does this bright guy count as a "Climate Scientist"?

Read the article. Rather than trying to demagogue the writer of the article (like you did with my original post) why don't you try backing up your fluff with facts that these "climate scientists" spew? Can you disprove what they say? Why wouldn't a "scientist" from any field want their theories proven right? These guys (and girls, I'm sure) will always support the theory of AGW. Its all they have. Its what pays and will continue to pay the bills as long as they keep the theory "alive". When confronted with facts not supporting their theories, they double-down by destroying the message sender.

Hal Lewis, the guy I linked, is a pretty smart dude. Much smarter than you and I and everyone here. I'll take his word about what I've had a gut feeling about since I was a small lad; AGW/Global Warming is simply a fraud of the highest magnitude. Probably the biggest one of all time.

[QUOTE]
    Exxon doesn't effect policy like "Climate Scientists" do. So let's get back on track shall we?
    Wow...you really think big corporate money doesn't affect policy?

[*]Who funds "Climate Scientists"?
    Usually grants that fund most research in this country. Why who do you think funds science into climate change? Al Gore? LOL

[*]Would you really expect less than 95% of "Climate Scientists" to think AGW wasn't man made?
    Nope...the science on climate change strongly suggests AGW so I would expect climate scientists (right? those scientists that actually are trained to and study climate not electrical impulses) to be able to read the data accurately, not take money from oil companies to find cleaver ways to twist the data and create doubt in the minds of the vulnerable, and come to a consensus in the peer review journals. This has all happened and continues to happen.

Ever wonder why there are no scientific research published in a reputable journal discounting AGW but instead only anecdotal references in some guys blog that 9 oout of 10 times is tied to big oil?

You are easily susceptible to those who are trying to find ways to push conservative big money ideals down the throats of those would prefer to have clean air for their kids and are willing to pay what amounts to about 20 bucks a month for it.

Blog Entries

and come to a consensus in the peer review journals. This has all happened and continues to happen.
    Here's your chance to finally 'Put up or Shut up'! Where? Give me a link, please ?

Ever wonder why there are no scientific research published in a reputable journal discounting AGW but instead only anecdotal references in some guys blog that 9 oout of 10 times is tied to big oil?

You are easily susceptible to those who are trying to find ways to push conservative big money ideals down the throats of those would prefer to have clean air for their kids and are willing to pay what amounts to about 20 bucks a month for it.
    Ha ha....I'm "susceptible"? You and your ilk are are what scare me about this country. No tangible facts disputing the 'deniers' but the old Lib stand-by of "attack, attack, attack"!!! Come up with another tactic for once, please?

Blog Entries

Here's your chance to finally 'Put up or Shut up'! Where? Give me a link, please ?
    It's old but here is what I found for you

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...c-6880767e7966