Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Wink Who is next for staph infection?

The bacteria infested Clowns are on the clock.

Re: Who is next for staph infection?

If I'm a browns fan..Joe thomas.

The team doctor is writing a prescription for antibiotics for Joe Thomas as we speak.

Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Some think Quinn is overrated and I tend to somewhat agree but the Browns landed 2 of the consensus top 5 players in this draft. Now, we won't know if the Quinn trade will work out for a while but I don't think it was a bad move. Savage gave up the same for Quinn as he did for Boller. Quinn is certainly more tested and ready for the NFL than Boller was. In addition, Boller was screaming up the draft boards while Quinn was falling, so Savage got more value. We'll see if he learned from the Boller debacle and let Quinn sit and learn for a year instead of rushing him in to get killed by the Ravens defense like the Ravens did with the Boller's opener in Pittsburgh. Nice way to begin a career - the beginning of the end is more like it.

I wonder if Thomas and Quinn can play both ways.

hands down the best 1st rd picks of the day! Like it or not
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

I think Quinn caught something from that Browns jersey he was holding.

They better pray that he pans out, they spent a lot on him.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Savage gave up the same for Quinn as he did for Boller.
    Not true. A first and a second but the second was much higher in the round and the first more than likely will be. And that was to get Boller a slot or two higher than Quinn. Savage spent quite a bit more to move up less spots but the Cowboys had Savage by the short hairs, KC was probably going to get him.

It was a nice round for the Browns but they invested heavily. Couch was a sure fire hit and how many others were as well? We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Not true. A first and a second but the second was much higher in the round and the first more than likely will be. And that was to get Boller a slot or two higher than Quinn. Savage spent quite a bit more to move up less spots but the Cowboys had Savage by the short hairs, KC was probably going to get him.

It was a nice round for the Browns but they invested heavily. Couch was a sure fire hit and how many others were as well? We'll see.

Boller ranker a notch or two above Quinn.....UH...not exactly. Quinn was one of the top 10 players expected to be taken, National press etc... Boller was a reach for us where we got him....we wanted leftwich anyway. Quinn was ranked much higher coming out of school. Boller had major question marks

Boller ranker a notch or two above Quinn.....UH...not exactly.
    I'm sorry, you quoted my post so I am assuming you are responding to it but I can't see where I claimed Boller was rated higher than Quinn. Let me re-read my take...nope, I didn't.

We traded picks of lesser value to get a higher draft slots (1 or 2 places) to get Boller. I never mentioned how either was rated. We used less to get Boller. That was my take.

sorry my misinterpretation

FWIW we won't know if we invested less till next year. Right now it looks like it, but not a lock. We were thought to be a sure-fire top 10 pick that next season as well. Instead we picked what, 19? I don't remember what NE got exactly...

Regardless, Quinn was a far bigger prospect than Boller was, so it makes sense they gave up more to get him, especially with competition over it since we were in the mix. And yeah the Browns invested heavily, but anyone who says they wouldn't give up a #3, #36, and first rounder next year for Quinn and Thomas has to be certifiably insane.

The Browns had a fantastic day today. The best of any team, and it's not even close.

- C -