Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Who is next for staph infection?

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    The Browns had a fantastic day today. The best of any team, and it's not even close.

- C -
    I thought the same thing when we drafted both Suggs and Boller back in 2003.

I see Eli Manning success for Quinn and nothing more. He is just a product of the media hype machine: a curly brown haired white boy that the little girls like who also has a famous NFL name "Brady." (As in Tom Brady). He'll be okay, but not elite, and maybe that is good enough for the Stains. We'll see.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I think Brady Quinn is overrated as I saw him here in person at the Notre Dame/Navy game. He did not impress me. Cleveland was the only team selling their soul to get him. Crennell's job (and Phil Savage's) is on the line this year. If you read any articles coming out of Cleveland, they are ready to hang them both if this year doesn't show significant improvement.

It doesn't matter how high a player is rated, the true market of the player is determined at the time of the pick. It's like selling a house. What you get is what its worth.

Of course we'll see how well these picks pan out down the line. I happen to think Quinn is the kind of QB who can come in this year and hang a QB rating around 80, but over the course of his career will never be a better than 85 passer. Will that be worth it? Could be...it wouldn't make him a franchise guy but it'd make him an adequate starter for a long time.

Doesn't matter for today though, and the Browns won the day today easily. We had a great day when we got Suggs and Boller, but Quinn is head and shoulders a better prospect than Boller and Thomas is a bit better prospect than Suggs was at the time.

Tell me you wouldn't be absolutely thrilled if the Ravens pulled off what the Browns pulled off and wound up with both Thomas and Quinn, plus Eric Wright who's a shut-down corner who has some off-field problems. Such a huge day for that team.

- C -