If coaches can't recruit UDFAs, maybe established players could

We have all seen Ray Lewis make sale pitches to fellow probowlers annually in Hawaii. I am not sure how successful those have been, but assuming they do work or at least influence a free agents decision, why not try something similar with UDFAs during the lockout?

Clearly, players on the bubble or out of contract probably would not want do this, but if say Ray Lewis reached out to Mark Herzlich and invited him to come train with him in Miami, would he not be at least somewhat interested?

Herzlich would get a chance to see for himself how he stacks up and gain some tips and build connections with current NFL players while Lewis gets a chance to evaluate him close up and make a sales pitch (assuming he would want him on the team).

I could see the same of some other established players on the team who are in no danger of losing their spots (Reed, Suggs, Ngata, Rice, Grubbs, Boldin, Flacco) do something similar with other highly touted UDFAs.

Now, since I haven't seen any reports of anything like it, would any established players care enough about winning the Superbowl/improving the team to do it and would an UDFA be interested?

Re: If coaches can't recruit UDFAs, maybe established players could

The guy was an 8th round pick in the UFL. It would be a great story if he is able to become the prospect that he was before. the fact that no team took him in rd 7, of the UFL draft, much less the NFL draft is not a good indication that he is there yet.

As far as player recruiting UDFAs I think it is possible. they likley still work out with them on campus or whereever. Torrey Smith may be able to recruit Wujack or wujagt Woah Jack, who I think is a perfect 3-4 between the tackles full back busting jack that should have enough athletic ability and toughness to also be a factor on special teams.
    Moten I think also went undrafted but has some physical ability, sort of a tweener OLB/ SS
    I also like GT QB Nesbitt as a special teamer and possible future FS. Maybe Allen can bring him in.

:T2:

Re: If coaches can't recruit UDFAs, maybe established players could

I wondered the same thing but with teaching the playbook, Can vets get together with the rookies. I know doss asked mason how to learn the system.