Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: John Beck

I would be shocked if anyone took this guy on day 1. If he is there in the
    4th round then I can see the Ravens taking a flier on this guy. It would def mean Olsen is done...what does it do or not do for Boller?

FM

Re: Beck rumor mongering

No way do you take this guy on day one, and definately not in the first round. As for Olsen, he isnt the answer and Boller and the Ravens, they most likely cant wait for that chapter in their respective lives to be over. I think it will be a spit that both sides cant wait to happen.

I wouldn't mind drafting Beck but NOT IN THE FIRST ROUND! I'm all in favor of BPA but come on, this year I'd prefer to draft a player that could help the team fairly soon, while guys like Ogden and McNair are still here. Beck does not fall into that category.

Drafting ANY quarterback this year is a waste of a draft choice. Probably the least harmful would be to take Jordan Palmer, in like, the 7th round. He could contest with Drew Olson for coffee and doughnut fetcher.

Next year, on the other hand, has Colt Brennan - the only guy I want to see coming in and competing head to head with Kyle Boller. In order for that to happen though, the Ravens better start stocking up on draft choices, becaus Brennan, barring a calamity, is probably going to be top Five in 2008.

McNair will most likely do OK this season, he may even do VERY well, but that arm is hurting now, and not going to get stronger. Even Pennington might beat Steve in an armstrength contest if it were held today. Nevertheless, I think Steve has one more decent year left. Two? Uh uh.
    Last edited by Art-Florida; 04-27-2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Everyone who says Beck isn't a first day pick hasn't been paying attention to any recent rankings. Most people have a second round grade on him.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Everyone who says Beck isn't a first day pick hasn't been paying attention to any recent rankings. Most people have a second round grade on him.
    Correct. He, Edwards and Kolb are riding the usual wave of the 2nd tier QBs up the boards as draftniks get wind of what teams are looking at late in the day. I'd say the order for these three is probably Edwards, Kolb, Beck. Though obviously different teams will have different ranks and what is smoke screens and what isn't remains to be seen. Roll on tomorrow :)

I think the Jon Beck talk is just a smoke screen to maybe coax the Lions into a trade. The Lions would be the perfect team to trade back with. We could then take Justin Blalock with that pick.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I think i'll eat my own shorts if we pick Blalock....if we're picking a G it had better be Grubbs.

There should be no more talk of QB's in the first round If teams liked Beck or Edwards at the bottom of the first, they would have had more interest in Quinn in the late teens.

amen.

I'd LOVE beck in the second or Troy smith as our comp 4