Any info on J.O?

Did I miss something? Or has Ogden really not yet declared his intentions for next year? I thought he said he would give the FO ample time befor the draft.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Re: Any info on J.O?

He may not have announced it, it doesn't mean he hasn't told the front office of his intentions.

Thats true. leads me to believe he wont be back if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    Thats true. leads me to believe he wont be back if that's the case.
    All the talking heads I've heard over the last couple of weeks are inferring from the silence (or have been tipped off) JO *will* be back. Concerning the silence - they say JO is not the type of guy to leave the team in the lurch like that, and he is also not the kind of guy to make a big announcement that he's decided to return.

Be prepared to hear nothing official. When big ole 75 hits the field in Westminster, that will be the announcement, so to speak.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

i think no news is good news, i think the ravens are not saying anything so it does not tip their hand in the draft since everyone is thinking we are going o-line 1st in the draft, that may cause another great player falling to us.

I dont know. I think the opposite.

I could easily see that the Ravens wouldn't want other teams to think we have a NEED at LT or then other teams might make a run on tackles before our pick.

They might have asked Ogden not to announce his retirement so that they have the best chance at the best tackle available, WITHOUT tipping their need.

Also, JO might be ready to return to the team IF we can't find a tackle to replace him.

Lets just say that I'm not 100% optimistic that he'll return.

I'd put the chances at 60-40 he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I dont know. I think the opposite.

I could easily see that the Ravens wouldn't want other teams to think we have a NEED at LT or then other teams might make a run on tackles before our pick.

Come on, stop being uninformed liek the national media. We will NOT have a void at LT if JO retires. It would force Tery to left instead of shoe-horning him on the right to get him experience. Either way we have a void at future RT and depth for this year and the future. But we do not, will not and have not had a void at LT for years.

Whether or not Ogden comes back (I'd be stunned if he didn't) it would benefit the Ravens not to let the decision be known until after the draft.

It would absolutely affect our draft if other teams knew JO had called it quits or retired.

IMO, the decision has already been made and nobody knows for sure except Ogden and a few members of the FO.

If I were a betting man, I'd put a whole lot of money on Ogden lining up at LT for the Ravens this season.

PP

JO will not hold a press conference or make any sort of statement to the public or press concerning his playing next year.
    I read after the season ended that he did tell Ozzie that he would make his decision before the draft so the Ravens could act accordingly.
    He most likely has told the team his intentions, and they have chosen not to trumpet them to the rest of the NFL.

Haha just when I post that, Ogden makes a statement to the Sun :D
    Doh!