Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Pro-Steelers or Pro-Cincy on Sunday?

It is in the Raven's best interests for the Steelers to lose this game. It is highly unusual for three teams in one division to make the playoffs, but odds are very strong that two of the AFC playoff teams will come from our division. We want one team out of this race, and right now the best chance for that is for Pittsburgh to fall behind early. I feel much more confident taking on Cincinnati, both in games that will help decide the division winner and in the playoffs if need be. Pittsburgh's defense poses a greater threat to our weakest area, the offensive line. Casey Hampton can absolutely destroy Flynn and Vincent, allowing blitzing LBs to get in from all sides. I would count on our defense to neutralize the powerful Bengal offense before I would count on our offense overcoming the Steeler defense. While I believe we are capable of defeating both of these teams, I would rather see one of them be out of, or nearly out of, the playoff hunt by the time we come around on their schedule.

In any case, let's take care of business this week and then have a strong showing in the next few weeks, get to our bye at least 4-2 if not better, and then look ahead to the rest of the season.

Go Cincy, I Will Never Root For Pissbird
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

3. Re: Pro-Steelers or Pro-Cincy on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by towsonraven
    Who do we pull for in this match-up? Personally, I hate Pitt so much I would like to see them buried. However, a loss this early in the yar won't do that. Still, two losses in three games has to rattle them a bit. Also, if we shut Palmer down, I like our chances against Cincy's defense. So, I will go with the lesser of two evils, Cincy.
    LOL, This game is a win - win. No worries this week! Let them beat the crap out of each other. Frankly tho if my money were on the game I'd say Pitt pulls it out as they were spanked bareassed on MNF and those hilljacks will be ready this sunday.

This one is hard to choose. I normally hope for Pissburgh to loose every game. But as has already been stated, we match up well against the Stealers, but not the Bungles. I think the Bungles have beaten us 3 in a row now. For the past few years we have split with the stealers.

I'll sit the fence and root for a tie.

Section 106 from start to finish!

I just want to see a knock-down drag-out game. I don't care who wins (even though I could never root for Pitt.). I hope they leave each other bruised and bloodied (not injured, no injury smack here) and flat wiped out.
    SS

This is tough for all the reasons stated above- That said, I just cant root for pissburgh. And Palmer is my fantasy QB, so as long as he plays well, I'm happy.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohlieve
    This is tough for all the reasons stated above- That said, I just cant root for pissburgh. And Palmer is my fantasy QB, so as long as he plays well, I'm happy.
    Yeah, fantasy football does make you root for the enemy at times. I have Heath Miller, and he killeb me on MNF. So it was bitter-sweet for me. Any time I play Miller I hope to see a Pittsburgh loss in a shoot-out with Miller getting a couple of TDs.
    Section 106 from start to finish!

I'm not really inclined to root for either team, since with a perfect record thusfar, we control our own destiny. Lettem beat each other up and let whichever team emerges from the ashes get pimp-slapped by the Ravens...

9. Re: Pro-Steelers or Pro-Cincy on Sunday?

Pro Sqweelers:grbac: Hate to say it But we want the top teams to rack up as many losses as possible

10. Re: Pro-Steelers or Pro-Cincy on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by hurting
    This one is hard to choose. I normally hope for Pissburgh to loose every game. But as has already been stated, we match up well against the Stealers, but not the Bungles. I think the Bungles have beaten us 3 in a row now. For the past few years we have split with the stealers.

I'll sit the fence and root for a tie.

But I think we have a better secondary this year than in years past ...After CJ got his bell rung against the Brownies, Dawan Landry will make Chad Johnson think twice about going across the middle where we usually got beat.....

I'm with Brandon, Gabrosin and Braven 98. I want Pigsburgh to be eliminated. (Really, I want them to go 5-11 every year, winning just enough so they don't get a top-three draft choice.) It's way too early to sweat us-vs-Cinci for the division. but since it's on the table...has anyone seen the Bengal's sched? do they have a different/harder one since they won the div last year?
    aesthetically...I just CANNOT root for Pigsburgh.

I'll feed dirty rooting for either of them, but at the end of the day, I'd rather see them both 2-1 and us hopefully 3-0, rather than be tied at 3-0 with Cincy, or god forbid the Brownies pull a miracle and us be down a game to Cincy.

So go Steelers. Now if you'll excuse me while I vomit.