Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madden '07?

Re: Madden '07?

I beat the Bucs 56-7, the Raiders 42-14, and the Browns something even more outrageous, I finally found some good sliders though that give you about 120 snaps combined and realistic games.

Also Marcus Demps is a good signing...at least for me. He's a 75 which is better than any of the safeties other than Reed on our roster. He has three INTs with 2 of them returned for TDs through three games. I don't know if Demps got drafted by another team but I also signed Ryan O'callaghan who I believe was drafted by the Bucs.

In the end though I will probably just fool around with this franchise and start a new one once the roster update comes out.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Hey stinger I took a little video of an Ed Reed INT when I was playing today, think you can host it on your site? Only problem is its like 17.8 mb so I dunno how I am going to get it to you.
    Is there any place you can put it temporarily that I can grab it from? I'd be happy to host it.

I found the 360 version of Madden better than last year, but still lacking in some areas.

Can EA figure out how to do 60 fps yet? The current gen Madden is twice as smooth.

Ok, I've played for a couple days now. I play only for the online play, I'll mess with the franchise and superstar a little, but my thing is playing online.

The next year is going to be very very painful for me and online football. I know EA has now taken to basically pulling stuff from the 2K series to make their product seem fresh but if any of you played 2K3 you'll know what I am getting at when I say that the running game in 2007 is just horrible. Just like 2K3 every single running back in the league over the last year obtained the amazing ability to break the first tackle no matter who it is coming at them. In 2K3 everyone (but me I guess) played as the dolphins cause all you had to do was run with Ricky all game cause no one could tackle him. Well fast forward to Aug. 22nd 2006. I pick up my game, get home, start playing a regular offline game and I'm noticing that Jamal is breaking like a ton of tackles, then I notice that Willie Parker is just breaking tackles left and right. Hmmmmmmm, so I get a feel for the new kicking game and find that much is the same as last years edition. I exit the game, jump online and find a game pretty fast. I'm playin my usual game which consists of a good amount of running the ball, and man am I just killing this guy, I could seriously just run the ball the whole game and never have to pass it was so bad. Just a bad omen of things to come.

The pinnacle of this whole mess came last night as I'm playing a game against some guy who is using the Bengals. I wont get into to many specifics as it ended up being a pretty good game however this game showed me what the next 363 days of madden are going to be like. One play when I know he is going to be running the ball I shoot through with Ray Lewis and hit Rudi Johnson about 3 yards in the backfield, BAM! three yard loss? Nope, Rudi shrugs off Ray who I suppose can no longer tackle, and presses on running up about 10 more yards before BAM from the side, Ed Reed with the tack.......hmmm nope I guess Ed was hanging out with Ray to much as Rudi just powers through Mr. greasy hands Reed. Finally Dwan Landry hits Johnson about 7 yards after Mr. Reed failed at his mission, bringing down Rudi who must have been feeling nice that day letting a rookie tackle him. Now I'm obviously as Ravens fan and I think Ray and Ed are good players and fine tacklers but it's not like I'm some Falcons fan or something say "OMG Keith Brookings is tackle machine elite all pro god! How he miss tackle! Blah!" obviously letting my fanfair think higher of a player then he is. Ray and Ed are two of the highest rated defensive players in this game and they are missing tackles all the time.

That just one example of this kind of thing but other similar plays have been the norm rather then the excepion. And don't get me started on why is it that my defensive players refuse to leave their feet to defend the pass, if one more WR jumps over my ass as I'm using the useless Y button I'll kill myself.

The more I play this game the more I long for the 2K series again. Apparently they are going to be coming out with their own football game soon however it has all fake teams and players, but if the game play is as good as it was when the series last left off I'll get it.
    Last edited by JonG316; 08-25-2006 at 07:46 AM.

Jon, I agree about the running game. I played my friend online and watched in horror as LT shook initial tackles from Ngata and Trevor Pryce like it was nothing. If I called a safety blitz Ed Reed would miss the tackle as well. It was a guaranteed 5 yard gain minimum on practically every play.

Another guy I played online used Lamont Jordan shredded my defense for 180 yards.

I also can't seem to get the bench press or 40 yard dash down. They need to make it more like Fight Night. When you train in Fight Night to get your guys better its hard at first but doable once you get it down. The bench press flat out doesn't work (I have gotten one and follow the instructions) and the 60 yard dash is hard to get anything better than a 5 second run.

Also in franchise mode I think there is some kind of glitch with play calling. I intercepted a ball with Samari Rolle and ran it back for a TD. I kicked off, they started at their own 30, then proceeded to call the exact same play. I intercepted it again, ran it back again for a TD. Believe it or not, it happened for a third time on the next series! So I am thinking it had to be some kind of glitch. Sure as hell they threw the same play for a 4th time in a row but I dropped the INT. I beat the Chargers 88-10.

So yea, I thought EA would get a lot of things straightened out in this version after the '06 debacle but it doesn't look like thats the case.

I have been a Madden fan since 2000 and I was looking forward to this years game after taking a break and skipping last years version. However after all these complaints and the lackluster reviews, I just don't know if I want to shell out for a game that isn't really better than the one I bought 2 years ago.

What I'm actually thinking about doing is buying 2k5 (the alleged pinnacle of video game football) and updating the rosters manually to look like they currently do. All of the Madden roster info is available online and someone on the YBR forum said it took him about 6 hours to trade players and create rounds 1-3 of the last 2 drafts (with exceptions for break out stars). I wanted a copy of his save but unfortunatly he is on Xbox and I'm PS2.

I figure even if it takes me a whole weekend, when I'm done I'll have the best football game out there. This weekend is out of the question, but I think I may sacrifice next weekend for this.

I've got my copy. Its really not very impressive after playing NCAA, which is excellent IMO. Wayyyy too much slowdown. Running game is a lot of fun with the new system though.

I've always had a problem stopping the run with the Ravens in the past, but this year it seems like everyone is getting 5-6 yards per carry. I've even switched Trevor Pryce to DT with Ngata and have Green as my DE and that seems to work a little better online, but everytime I make that switch I have to Download a new roster before playing my next game online.
    I love the graphics on the Xbox 360 and in HD looks even better.

Paul Stanley
    XBOX 360 Gamertag: Stanley02

Great game overall.

I'm VERY upset it is not widescreen.

I can't seem to find how to make individual substituions, such as making Pryce a DT for nickle and dime packages, I can't seem to edit or create playbooks either.

Also really important question as I traded for Michael Robinson... Where is the HB pass, I can't find it in ANYONE's playbook? anyone know, what team, and formation. thanks

steelers playbook

I got it for the PS3 – it translates to widescreen very nicely on that. In general it does what I expected it to do. Although I have noticed a few RBs are near impossible to stop. My brother is a Chargers guy so I have to suffer the insanity of LT…

On another note I was playing Denver (season franchise mode) and I got an INT with Reed. Ran it back for the TD (as would be expected) and noticed he did the spread open arms thing like he was flying. It was pretty damn cool I thought. I’ve been looking for other nifty trademark moves by players. Anyone notice any others?