The Crazy Newshound has found a new Ravens article.

Baltimore Ravens Quarterback Joe Flacco says he deserves a contract extension for leading the Ravens to the playoffs in his first three years as a pro quarterback, even though he has another two years on his current contract.

That's why Flacco is upset the team has told him it won't begin talks on a contract extension until next off season.

"I think I've established myself," Flacco told The Baltimore Sun's Jamison Hensley, who is also a WBAL Ravens Gameday contributor.

"If you're not confident with who I am, I'm not sure what a year is going to make."

Flacco is scheduled to make $4.5-million this season and $4.6-million in 2012.

Hensley reports backup Mark Bulger received $3.8-million last season, and two quarterbacks rated below Flacco last season, Denver's Kyle Orton and Jacksonville's David Gerrard will make more than $7-million next season.

Flacco told Hensley that he feels that he has proven himself to be a successful quarterback for the Ravens, and thinks talks should begin now.

Flacco was in Aberdeen Saturday for a charity fundraiser.

Flacco was part of a group of players who raised $56,000 for the American Red Cross efforts to help Japanese earthquake victims.

Link to the full story.]