Blog Entries

GE gets $3.2 Billion in tax benefits, even after posting $14.1 Billion in profits last year!

General Electric employs a team of professional lobbyists and tax evaders to avoid paying any taxes in the United States.

$3.6 BILLION of our money!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/bu...er=rss&emc=rss

:grbac:

Blog Entries

Re: GE gets $3.2 Billion in tax benefits, even after posting $14.1 Billion in profits last year!

Yea, that's all over the conservative blogs but OBY took $68 pr month
    out of my fixed income.

Screw him.

::girlfight

No doubt....lets cut more corporate taxes and cut more teacher jobs and incentives to cover the deficits.

A tea bagger upset with the wealthy not paying taxes???? Too funny. Too bad I can't pull up my alanis morrisette photo for this thread.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: GE gets $3.2 Billion in tax benefits, even after posting $14.1 Billion in profits last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    No doubt....lets cut more corporate taxes and cut more teacher jobs and incentives to cover the deficits.

A tea bagger upset with the wealthy not paying taxes???? Too funny. Too bad I can't pull up my alanis morrisette photo for this thread.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Let's get something straight; I'm not a TEA "bagger" nor have I been to TEA party rally. Keep calling me one and I'll report you to a mod and hopefully get you temporarily banned for using derogatory language. Am I clear?

Teacher jobs have nothing to do with this. What this has to do with is the Byzantine tax code enacted by members of Congress from both party's in the past that simply lined their pockets with cash. Members of Congress are exempt from SEC investigations too.

What I'm mad about is how the laws are written to essentially keep jobs overseas since the money that's earned overseas isn't taxed. Its a shell game. The US has the 2nd highest corporate taxes and will be #1 next month. Sad to say but as long as Congress keeps fiddling with how Corps are taxed and they reap the benefits of said tax structuring, the US will continue its downward slide.

Blog Entries

Not only corps but pro athletes like LaBron James who is like a
    corporation who has already made $68M plus
    $200M in endorsements and just signed for $100M for 5 years.

Look how much
    he saved in taxes by moving to Florida instead of NY or NJ.
    Those fans are pissed too because he really wanted to play in
    NY.

$1.5M - NY Knicks

$l.15M - NJ Nets

$490,000 - Miami Heat

Even disregarding other factors that would obviously play a role in his net income such as
    property taxes, the numbers speak for themselves. It is estimated that assuming a 5-year
    contract worth nearly $100 million, Lebron would end up paying $12.34 million less by
    playing for Miami over New York. Even heartbroken
    Knicks fans cannot deny the appeal there.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-27-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=4G63;259398]Let's get something straight; I'm not a TEA "bagger" nor have I been to TEA party rally. Keep calling me one and I'll report you to a mod and hopefully get you temporarily banned for using derogatory language. Am I clear?

QUOTE]

Um, you're gonna have to get a couple of posters to complain for a temporary
    bann. That's what they do but tea party is hardly a dirty word much less getting one
    banned for and hardly not
    the kind he uses on me and I never reported him.

This thread is becoming about the disintegration of conservative ethos on the 24x7 Ravens forum. I knew that my consistent logical explanations about the nature of things as well as the truth that reality has a liberal bias would eventually lead to more progressive outlooks but views seem to be changing over night. Let's take a look at what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    General Electric employs a team of professional lobbyists and tax evaders to avoid paying any taxes in the United States.
    Like you are just figuring out that large corporations don't pay taxes anymore?

In 2008, this article was making the rounds on just about every blog on the internet:

(Reuters) - Most U.S. and foreign corporations doing business in the United States avoid paying any federal income taxes, despite trillions of dollars worth of sales, a government study released on Tuesday said.

The Government Accountability Office said 72 percent of all foreign corporations and about 57 percent of U.S. companies doing business in the United States paid no federal income taxes for at least one year between 1998 and 2005.

More than half of foreign companies and about 42 percent of U.S. companies paid no U.S. income taxes for two or more years in that period, the report said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/...49465620080812

Geezzz... that and the unfunded Bush tax cuts make it pretty clear why we have such a deficit problem. Every GOP governor is working overtime, much to the dismay of the middle class minus the baggers, to allow more of these tax breaks in order to "create jobs" at the expense of important public workers and middle clas working class folk.

Glad to see you are outraged. Its about time.

The Koch Bros. would be very disappointed in you though.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Keep calling me one and I'll report you to a mod and hopefully get you temporarily banned for using derogatory language.
    and,

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You're gonna have to get a couple of posters to complain for a temporary bann. That's what they do but tea party is hardly a dirty word much less getting one banned for and hardly not
    the kind he uses on me and I never reported him.

C'mon connies...this is lame. Are you seriously calling on the "government" of 24x7 to come bail you out here? I guess you are recognizing the importance of a government intervention? Such liberal/progressive view all of a sudden! What happened to the self-reliant Natty Bumppos???? Controlling your own destiny?

What's next? Coming out and bashing Obama for bombing a bunch of Muslims in Libya? Oh yeah, you have already done that too!

After criticizing tax cuts for the wealthy, calling on a government intervention to bail you out and whining about Muslims getting bombed, you guys can hardly call yourself conservatives anymore!

Hey, you guys want to go out to Western PA with me and my friends in 2012 and knock on some Steeler fans' doors on Sundays for Obama? Its a good time.

Blog Entries

Can't you read Galen?

4G is the one who is going to report you just for calling
    him a tea bagger. I merely suggested him getting some guys to pile on like
    you guys do as a joke. I forgot the sarcasm button for you.

All you'd get is a watch out.

I said I never reported you for all those names you called me like a child.
    We post all the critical news on OBY so all you can counter with is calling us names.

You really need help son.

What's next? Coming out and bashing Obama for bombing a bunch of Muslims in Libya? Oh yeah, you have already done that too!

No, bashing him for being a prick and the weakest prez ever.

And how bout all the times you blasted Palin. BTW, your gal Katie Couric just got fired from
    CBS. She had the worse ratings in history and partly because of that yellow journalism way
    she crucified Palin that you liked so much.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-27-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Blog Entries

This thread is becoming about the disintegration of conservative ethos on the 24x7 Ravens forum. I knew that my consistent logical explanations about the nature of things as well as the truth that reality has a liberal bias would eventually lead to more progressive outlooks but views seem to be changing over night. Let's take a look at what I mean.

Like you are just figuring out that large corporations don't pay taxes anymore?

In 2008, this article was making the rounds on just about every blog on the internet:

(Reuters) - Most U.S. and foreign corporations doing business in the United States avoid paying any federal income taxes, despite trillions of dollars worth of sales, a government study released on Tuesday said.

The Government Accountability Office said 72 percent of all foreign corporations and about 57 percent of U.S. companies doing business in the United States paid no federal income taxes for at least one year between 1998 and 2005.

More than half of foreign companies and about 42 percent of U.S. companies paid no U.S. income taxes for two or more years in that period, the report said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/...49465620080812

Geezzz... that and the unfunded Bush tax cuts make it pretty clear why we have such a deficit problem.
    2008 you say? Who was running Congress? Democrats. Who makes the laws? Yeah, Congress, who up until this past November was run by DEMOCRATS. Stop blaming Bush for what stupid Democrats have done. Stupid fucking DEMOCRATS!!!

Every GOP governor is working overtime, much to the dismay of the middle class minus the baggers, to allow more of these tax breaks in order to "create jobs" at the expense of important public workers and middle clas working class folk.

Glad to see you are outraged. Its about time.
    I realize you've been SoS for years now and this Liberal Talking Point™ was destroyed by myself and others in the "Wisconsin" thread but I was hoping at least one of us had gotten through to you. Apparently not but in hindsight not surprising. I don't know whether I should start calling you SoS or 'Non Sequitur Galen'?.....hmmm, choices.

The Koch Bros. would be very disappointed in you though.
    No, they pay their taxes.

C'mon connies...this is lame. Are you seriously calling on the "government" of 24x7 to come bail you out here? I guess you are recognizing the importance of a government intervention? Such liberal/progressive view all of a sudden! What happened to the self-reliant Natty Bumppos???? Controlling your own destiny?
    No, this is a private blog and runs with its own rules. I find your comment about "baggers" offensive because your constant defamation of homosexuals is disturbing and hypocritical. Someone who's so in tuned with peoples' "feelings" should know better!

Its impeachable to order military action without Congressional approval. Its in the Constitution. I know Democrats hate it but its a pretty neat document. Has nothing to do with Libyan's being Muslim BTW. That was a test question

After criticizing tax cuts for the wealthy, calling on a government intervention to bail you out and whining about Muslims getting bombed, you guys can hardly call yourself conservatives anymore!

Hey, you guys want to go out to Western PA with me and my friends in 2012 and knock on some Steeler fans' doors on Sundays for Obama? Its a good time.
    Yeah, I'm sure you'll love the outcome of those walks....
    Last edited by 4G63; 03-28-2011 at 01:25 PM.