Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ravens likely to get two Compensatory Picks

We can absolutely get an impact player at 26, especially since Gabbert and Newton seem destined for the top 10 and maybe one or more QB's could sneak in if a team falls for a QB, gets scared, jumps the gun and trades up. Even if that doesnt happen im confident that a 34 DE, an OT(if Gaither isnt brought back), OLB or a CB worthy of the pick will be there.

Blog Entries

I hope Tony will answer my question about trading up. That's all I wanted to know.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-27-2011 at 01:39 PM.

I already answered for him. But to summarize;

To trade into the top 15 would take at least our first, second, and fourth round picks.

To trade into the top ten would take at least our first, second, and third.

To trade higher than that would require either players (which we can't trade unless a new CBA is agreed on) or future picks (as in future number 1 picks which Ozzie has already said he would never trade away again.)

For the record, I'm not basing these numbers on my opinion, I used the NFL draft pick value chart ESPN published a few years ago.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Basically all you're waiting for is Tony to say something along the lines of...

'well, you never say never and anything can happen, but based on the Ravens history, how they value picks and how much it would take, it is extremely unlikely they move up that far for a player.'

5. Re: Ravens likely to get two Compensatory Picks

Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Britt were taken after the 26th pick in the first round. Mike Wallace was taken in the 3rd round (I'm intentionally trying to list the guys you harp on Ozzie not taking in the past).

Jason Brown, Jarret Johnson, LeRon McClain, Lardarius Webb, and Jared Gaither were taken well after the first round.

No need to trade up, dope.