Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: As the World Crumbles, Nero Golfs

Bush gave up golf after 911.

This piece from the LA TIMES shows poll that Americans say Bush handled Katrina better
    than OBY handled the oil spill.

61% disaproves of the way OBY handled the spill.

Louisianna screwed up Louisianna big time.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dcno...oil-spill.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    Well spun, but that's factually untrue.

You're right, its 12.5 days if you consider its 5hrs per round. As to him "working 24-7" I realize he's constantly being updated on things around the clock. I get the impression he enjoys all the perks and trappings of being POTUS with all the international vacations and golf outings but really dislikes the job itself.

Can you name a time or national/international issue where he came out with a quick, decisive response? The one I remember is when his buddy Henry Louis Gates was arrested and 0bama said "the Police acted stupidly" when in fact he was locked up for arguing with a police officer on his own front porch. When he realized that he put his foot in his mouth he had the "Beer Summit" which was a joke in and of itself. Stuff like that he's quick to jump the gun but when serious issues arise he's vacillating behind the scenes until his team gets "the pulse of the people" and they decide which way to feel.

Sorry, but he's not a leader.

Blog Entries

Don't forget the raft he sunk with 2 teenage pirates in them. He sent
    3 destroyers to sink one little raft and a team of snipers to get the one on the
    ship. That was like Clinton hitting Osama's pup tent with a $2M missile after he left.

On second thought, OBY was a little late. In the beginning of the week
    he said he had too much on his plate to think about them. By the end
    of the week he finally sent the Navy to free the hostages but they
    were plenty pissed he took so long with their lives hanging on the edge.

BTW, has anyone heard if the DEMs blame Japan on global warming yet?

ILMAO
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-13-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Blog Entries

I posted above that even the DEMs got on OBYs case for lack of leadership
    during the BP spill. Now they're at it again.

Even the Democrats are noticing how poor a leader he is. They’ve been hollering for weeks, some of them very vocally, that he needs to step up and show some leadership in the budget process. To this point he’s done much of nothing. Today he gave a press conference on energy because gas prices have increased. Essentially his line of argument, concerning domestic oil, is we’re doing fine and we shouldn’t worry.

Then there was a NY TIMES piece where he said it was much easier to
    run China.

Well please go to China. Freaking incredible.

And this DEM Senator from West VA wants OBY to be more engaged.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...es-riles-some/

And the Pentagon chimes in on OBYs lack of leadership on TV.

____________________________________________________________________________
    Last night Col. Ralph Peters was on Bill O’Reilly’s show, talking about Libya. Peters thinks we should act
    on behalf of the rebels there, but he expressed skepticism that President Obama will ever do anything.
    “Obama loves the idea of being President,” Peters said, “but he can’t make a decision.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-14-2011 at 03:58 AM.

The newest conservative talking point being pushed through the propaganda mills is the use of the word "leader" and "leadership". It is impossible to hear a conservative pudit/Representative talk about anything without using these words. It is interesting to watch the use of language in politics.

I read this absolutely silly thread about the President of the United States playing golf and outside of getting a laugh out another 4G bagger moment - you have your good arguments 4G and actually maybe the only regular connie here that does stumble upon the valid conservative arguments occasionally - but then you pop up these just wacky personal attacks which just bring out that bagger in you.

I guess Obama should have worn a flannel shirt and a cowboy hat and held a chainsaw in his hand and stood over a fallen tree on his ranch vs. a golf shirt and a driver on a golf course huh?

Anyway I digress into crazy bagville. Back to the point, the talking points of leader and leadership seem to be funneling down to the proletariat on schedule. Well done connie foot soldiers!

Blog Entries

Galen obviously ignored my links because the talking points are coming
    from disgruntled liberal DEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

BTW, has anyone heard if the DEMs blame Japan on global warming yet?

ILMAO
    Nah. People who care about the environment have fairly consistently used actual scientists to inform their opinions, rather than Karl Rove or Fox News or the Bible or even their own incredible scientific intuition.

According to Dr. Daniel McNamara, a seismologist with the U.S. Geological Survey:

As for any claims that the earthquake somehow relates to climate change, McNamara didn't hesitate to dismiss that connection. He explained that while evidence shows melting glaciers can cause small tremors directly underneath as their weight on the Earth's crust reduces, what happened in Japan "is not connected in any way to that process."

In a prior interview with The Huffington Post, McNamara said Japan's 8.9 quake was "not a surprise" due to how active the region is, but maintained that scientists "can't predict earthquakes."
    Of course, if you find that his math doesn't add up to support your own bias, perhaps you can encourage the politicians you support to get rid of that organization too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_834985.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I read this absolutely silly thread about the President of the United States playing golf and outside of getting a laugh out another 4G bagger moment - you have your good arguments 4G and actually maybe the only regular connie here that does stumble upon the valid conservative arguments occasionally - but then you pop up these just wacky personal attacks which just bring out that bagger in you.
    Wacky personal attacks, huh?

Seeing as you've never been involved with the military or been in a paramilitary organization that involves a rank structure or chain of command, you have no clue what a leader is or does. Good leaders don't need to be the smartest person in the room, they need to make tough decisions and stick by them, all the while looking out for the safety of their people. 0bama can't do this because he's constantly looking out for himself. Leaders make decisions that are sometimes unpopular at the time but as time goes along their decisions were the right ones. When their decisions are wrong, they own up to them and learn from them. 0bama can't claim this distinction because he's never wrong...in his mind.

His lack of situational awareness isn't puzzling when looking at his past because he's never had to make tough decisions in his life. He still doesn't and he never will.

I must say that I'm glad TheExtraPoint has decided to become a regular poster (hopefully) as he doesn't resort to personal attacks when confronted with an opposing viewpoint. Debating you was getting stale.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    Nah. People who care about the environment have fairly consistently used actual scientists to inform their opinions, rather than Karl Rove or Fox News or the Bible or even their own incredible scientific intuition.

According to Dr. Daniel McNamara, a seismologist with the U.S. Geological Survey:

Of course, if you find that his math doesn't add up to support your own bias, perhaps you can encourage the politicians you support to get rid of that organization too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_834985.html
    I think AirFlacco was being facetious but if you want a good website for the dissemination of AGW debunking and energy info, you can start here:http://wattsupwiththat.com/climategate/

http://wattsupwiththat.com/

Anthony Watts' website is a clearinghouse for anti-AGW info and is very scientific but also designed to be understood by laypeople.

Fox and Rove and the rest of the conservative media are great at altering the context of what climate change believers say to make their arguments look illogical and thus make the whole idea of climate change seem implausable.

The emails in "Climategate" are the perfect example. A couple emails out of thousands between colleagues might have been poorly worded or used a word like "trick" which has a completely different meaning in the context of research analysis but for Koch Bros. purposes, appeals to the conservatives worry they are actually being tricked into paying for Al Gore's next plane ticket and thus the whole theory of climate change is bunk.

I haven't heard any climateologists blaming Japan's situation on climate change but I am sure Fox will be looking for someone's statement that could be misconstrued in that manner. The debate against climate change stands on nothing but the refutation of the occasional careless statement by a climate scientist instead of an actual scientific study that stands on its own data refuting it.

In fact, many conservative arguments stand on refuting a careless scientific statement vs. their own scientific facts.

Evolution vs. creationism
    Climate change vs no change
    Sexual preference being inherent vs. being a sin

I am sure there are more. This would actually be a good thesis.

Blog Entries

I asked if anyone heard the DEMs blaming Japan on global warming yet.

:ww:

Blog Entries