Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: The Last Nail in the McGahee Coffin?

Quote Originally Posted by justifythegame View Post
    And you are crazy(just an expression btw) if you think that securing a backup QB is much more important than a back up HB.
    Hate to break it to you but you couldn't be more wrong. Manning goes down the Colts are done. Rodgers? Same thing.

A quality starting QB is the difference between having a winning or a losing season. Carrying someone that was or still is a starting caliber QB lessens the chances of a blown season. RB's, while important, won't make or break a season if they're injured.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I'm a big Willis fan. But as always, the Ravens will go with the "Right Player, Right Price" guideline they are famous for.

I haven't a clue what their value on McGahee is right now. ($2-5 mil?)

All things considered, I'd like to see him in a Ravens uniform after the lockout though.

+1.

Every year this thread comes up. Willis is getting traded. Willis is getting
    cut but he has the 9 lives of a cat and always survives.

When Ravens drafted Rice, NE called and said they were surprised and
    obviously pissed because they wanted Rice. Sam said we didn't think you
    draft Rice because of McGahee.

Oz said CAM says we need 2 good RBs to get thru a season. Thanks CAM.

Here's hoping for another year from Willis.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Hate to break it to you but you couldn't be more wrong. Manning goes down the Colts are done. Rodgers? Same thing.

A quality starting QB is the difference between having a winning or a losing season. Carrying someone that was or still is a starting caliber QB lessens the chances of a blown season. RB's, while important, won't make or break a season if they're injured.
    Manning and Rodgers lead offenses where the RB hardly touches the ball. Last year rodgers HB were likes of Kuhn and a bunch of scrubs behind him. I can understand if you don't watch them but i expect you at least watched these teams in the playoffs. The Ravens are a predominantly running team. This franchise actually won a SB at one time with trent dilfer. And when was the last time rodgers and manning went down anyway? Do you even know who peyton mannings back up is? If you did, you wouldn't even make this statement because it contradicts your own point.

Quote Originally Posted by justifythegame View Post
    And when was the last time rodgers and manning went down anyway?
    I don't think they have both gone down at the same time, but Rodgers did not play vs the Pats in 2010 due to the injury in the Detroit game.

The point is who would you pay more, the RB backup or QB backup. I take the RB backup.. Anyway there is no answer if Peyaton is down, while there should be an answer if you RB goes down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elland View Post
    The point is who would you pay more, the RB backup or QB backup. I take the RB backup.. Anyway there is no answer if Peyaton is down, while there should be an answer if you RB goes down.
    Not when that backup running back is making 10x more than the starter and he's not even taking half of the work.

The Ravens cant keep McGahee at 6 million for practical reasons. They have to many guys that are starters who need new contracts. Why the hell would any team pay their backup running back 6 million, when they've got a QB, starting RB, pro bowl DT, two starting CB's, and two starting G's that all make less, deserve more, and are coming to the end of their contracts. Not to mention a long shot like McClain is a better value because he's more versatile and Gaither because he could potentially play the second most important position on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Not when that backup running back is making 10x more than the starter and he's not even taking half of the work.

The Ravens cant keep McGahee at 6 million for practical reasons. They have to many guys that are starters who need new contracts. Why the hell would any team pay their backup running back 6 million, when they've got a QB, starting RB, pro bowl DT, two starting CB's, and two starting G's that all make less, deserve more, and are coming to the end of their contracts. Not to mention a long shot like McClain is a better value because he's more versatile and Gaither because he could potentially play the second most important position on offense.
    Yes I will give my backup RB more money. However not more than the starting RB, even though he has done that for the last 3 seasons!

No discussion.. McGahee needs to reconstructure his contract if he wants to stay, doubt that it will happend.

Frankly I am not seeing McGahee, McClain or Gaither here next season.. and Gaither is the only one I am hoping they would bring back. And if/when the owners win their battle, the changes will be reduced even more.