Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: DEMs flee Wisconsin as Protestors hit Madison

Yep and the govt. shutdown really hurt Clinton

Blog Entries

I'm going to paraphrase something I heard but I'm not naming the source cause it will most likely change the subject.

After years of vilifying, libeling Republicans saying they are for the rich in special interest, the people in Wisconsin and around the country have spoken and the Democrats have a chance to stand up for the people and balance their budget, who do they side with? Public sector union bosses and special interest.

This may come as a surprise to Galen, but as for the rest of us was there ever any doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'm going to paraphrase something I heard but I'm not naming the source cause it will most likely change the subject.

After years of vilifying, libeling Republicans saying they are for the rich in special interest, the people in Wisconsin and around the country have spoken and the Democrats have a chance to stand up for the people and balance their budget, who do they side with? Public sector union bosses and special interest.

This may come as a surprise to Galen, but as for the rest of us was there ever any doubt?
    Yep they sure have spoken;

February 21, 2011
    Tracking Voter Sentiment in Wisconsin1
    Majorities Oppose Governor Scott Walker’s Anti-Worker and Union Agenda

http://www.greenbergresearch.com/art...2.22.2011).pdf

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Yep they sure have spoken;

February 21, 2011
    Tracking Voter Sentiment in Wisconsin1
    Majorities Oppose Governor Scott Walker’s Anti-Worker and Union Agenda

http://www.greenbergresearch.com/art...2.22.2011).pdf
    604 people surveyed? and is subject to a margin of error of +/- 4.9 percentage points?

1.) do you keep on file a place to get polls with subjective data?
    2.) even if it were true, what does that have to do with Democrats siding with special interest?

Blog Entries

Nah, Galen is right. Check other polls and the people are vs this but that's
    because they're cutting the unions and what the people don't realize is
    they will all lose their jobs or thousands will if the state doesn't balance
    this budget.

This bill would have passed days ago if the DEMs have showed up to vote but
    they stayed out knowing they would lose.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

The guv and atty general believe they have the mandate to do this and
    they are fulfilling a campaign promise they made when they ran.

How many DEMs have done that.

That said, Walker and his crew know that simply cutting compensation to public employees is not enough; they want to weaken public employee unions so that they have fewer resources to support Democrats against Republicans in the 2012 election and beyond.

That’s what is called a game-changer. And it’s what Republican politicians in Ohio, New Jersey and other states are also seeking, which is to use a temporary political edge to permanently weaken the Democratic Party rather than remaining satisfied with smaller reforms.

Hardball’s Chris Matthews even expressed opposition to, and was shocked by, the very idea that Wisconsin’s public employees were required to pay union dues (so much for MSNBC’s “lean forward” campaign.)

To use a football analogy: Republicans are throwing deep passes down field while Democrats rely on three yards and a cloud of dust. In a system where election victories routinely shift between parties, this always leaves Republicans with better field position.

http://www.beyondchron.org/news/index.php?itemid=8918
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-22-2011 at 04:15 PM.

This is all politics. The union leaders have essentially yielded to all to Walker as far as benefits and pensions. So what's the problem now?

Walker is trying to have his Reagan moment? Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him come out as a presidential candidate in 2012 or 2016. Considering guys like Thune and possibly Hucklebee doubt they can beat Obama are withdrawing and in Hucklebee's case setting the stage to announce he won't run, the field opens for a guy like Walker.

Tea Baggers love this kind of corporate sadism. There are certainly tea baggers that are union guys just hoping to have Walker bend them over so they can vote for another guy that will give them the shaft. I mean why vote in their favor? That is so unconstitutional. That would be democracy.

Blog Entries

This is all politics. The union leaders have essentially yielded to all to Walker as far as benefits and pensions. So what's the problem now?

Walker is trying to have his Reagan moment? Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him come out as a presidential candidate in 2012 or 2016. Considering guys like Thune and possibly Hucklebee doubt they can beat Obama are withdrawing and in Hucklebee's case setting the stage to announce he won't run, the field opens for a guy like Walker.

Tea Baggers love this kind of corporate sadism. There are certainly tea baggers that are union guys just hoping to have Walker bend them over so they can vote for another guy that will give them the shaft. I mean why vote in their favor? That is so unconstitutional. That would be democracy.
    I'm sorry, I'm not following here... Maybe I got that 2:30 feeling and need a 5 hour energy but I don't see how 99% of this post relates.

This is interesting. Apparently in this bill there is a clause that allows Wisconsin to sell the bulk of its power industry for pennies on the dollar. Who stands to profit from this legislation being passed? None of than the true power behind the GOP...the Koch brothers. Who also contributed mightily in Walker's election. Hmmmm. Nothing like a little payback! Cetainly this would be scandulous but is just more evidence how the GOP screws the little guy in order to continuously reward the corporations. This is the death of democracy as we know it.

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/02/...-koch-brothers

Blog Entries

This is interesting. Apparently in this bill there is a clause that allows Wisconsin to sell the bulk of its power industry for pennies on the dollar.

Who stands to profit from this legislation being passed? None of than the true power behind the GOP...the Koch brothers. Who also contributed mightily in Walker's election. Hmmmm. Nothing like a little payback! Cetainly this would be scandulous
    This would also be speculation until you have proof.

but is just more evidence how the GOP screws the little guy in order to continuously reward the corporations.
    Evidence? Even if true, I love how you turn this into Republicans are for corporations and it has nothing to do with balancing a budget that is 3.6 billion short :grbac:

This is the death of democracy as we know it.
    You mean like fleeing the state to avoid the vote, that democratic process?

Blog Entries

Getting the DEMs back so they can vote.

Thought you knew that.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Section 44 - begins on page 23, states:

SECTION 44. 16.896 of the statutes is created to read:
    16.896 Sale or contractual operation of state−owned heating, cooling,
    and power plants. (1) Notwithstanding ss. 13.48 (14) (am) and 16.705 (1), the department may sell any state−owned heating, cooling, and power plant or may contract with a private entity for the operation of any such plant, with or without solicitation of bids, for any amount that the department determines to be in the best interest of the state. Notwithstanding ss. 196.49 and 196.80, no approval or certification of the public service commission is necessary for a public utility to purchase, or contract for the operation of, such a plant, and any such purchase is considered to be in the public interest and to comply with the criteria for certification of a project under s. 196.49 (3) (b).

your link:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...hGR0bo_RNfSGuQ

This would also be speculation until you have proof.
    hence my use of language that sounds kinda like this:

Certainly this would be scandulous

Evidence? Even if true, I love how you turn this into Republicans are for corporations and it has nothing to do with balancing a budget that is 3.6 billion short :grbac:
    So everything is trumped now by balancing a budget? Its all the baggers care about. Maybe you should have cared so much about the budget when "W" puts us in the current hole. Oh that's right, you didn't care about politics then as 80% of the baggers didn't as well.

Blog Entries

How many times do you have to be told that it took 8 years of
    W;s spending to equal the debt that OBY made in his first 481 days
    and that was with 2 wars going on.

The Tea Partyers are the only ones in the country that care about
    this problem. The DEMs are fighting it in almost every state. They
    want to spend even more.