Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Obama's (and the DNC's) worst nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    If I follow correctly, you are equating Terry Jones and Wayne Sapp with rape victims? If so, that's some impressive stuff.
    No, you are not following me correctly. You know what I am saying, I am not comparing it to rape. I am comparing you virtually giving a pass to the people who committed the murders by blaming Terry Jones.
    I meant exactly what I wrote. Without these men burning the Qur'an, 12 innocent UN workers are not dead today. How is that inaccurate?
    That is not an inaccurate statement, I never said that was. I just can't believe you are overlooking the people who murdered others saying "the outcome was known" (paraphrasing). I have not seen you (on this thread) blame or hold the murderers accountable but instead say oh it's Terry Jones fault those people are dead.

The Supreme Court articulates that the only instance in which incitement can be considered criminal is when it brings about the likelihood of imminent violence. I think this case meets that standard, but I'm also not a prosecutor, and these cases are unfortunately very difficult to prosecute, especially when they do not involve speech so much as they do an action.

I don't know the legal merits because I'm not a lawyer. But as a human being, I think what these men did SHOULD qualify as a hate crime by the standard of common sense, whether or not it does in a legal realm. In attempting to prove a point about radical Islam, they brought about precisely the violent action they claim to abhor.

Based on what I've read and heard, there is no question in my mind that these gentleman knew what the result of their actions would be, and as such (IMO) have blood of innocent UN workers on their hands. Osama bin Laden didn't kill anyone on 9/11, but he certainly has blood on his hands, right? You don't necessarily have to kill someone to bear some level of responsibility for that murder - that's why we have the accessory charge here in the States.

I never once denied that there is a radical, violent element of Islam. Who in their right mind would? At the same time, I refuse to hold all Muslims accountable for the actions of a relative few. One billion people - only a small handful have so far reacted violently. 99.9%, over a billion Muslims here and elsewhere have reacted with admirable and appropriate restraint given the blatant provocation by these two "pastors" in Florida.

The actions of these two men are no more representative of Christianity than these murders in Afghanistan are representative of Islam. That's my view.

What's more, the actions of a given group of Muslims does not necessarily reflect what Islam at at its core preaches. People of all faiths have committed murder, and in the overwhelming majority of these circumstances, the justification for violence simply does not exist, either in their religious text, or in a legal sense. And this case is no different.

I'm not in any was excusing their violent acts - simply explaining them as best I understand them. As with almost any criminal act, there is a motive. The motive in this case is retaliation in response to unabashed provocation. BOTH parties are wrong, and IMO, to a criminal extent.

Like I said before - perhaps the act of burning a Qur'an doesn't meet the legal standard of a hate crime here in the United States. And if that is in fact the case, I believe that standard should be quickly re-assessed. Again, that's IMO.
    Terry Jones burned a book, Bin Laden funded and organized 9/11 hardly comparable. Sorry, I don't see burning a book as a hate crime. Do I think he should have done it, no. But he burned a book, he didn't bomb Mecca or be-head 12 people cause they said they were Muslims... He burned a book.

Why are we put in a position to defend our views against the rest of the world when we are a Soverign country who owes no one but the World seems to rely on us? Why must we absorb the masses when obviously we are corrupt and have no vlaues? Why does the World still Migrate to our abusive system in multitudes, leaving their wonderful life behind?

Galen came up with Palin and Helicopters...I was disappointed!

Check out Gay Rights in Iran then tell me where We have a Problem! Oh! Theres nothing you can do over there, They would HANG you too! So spout where you have the right, due to the diminishing moral ethics you yourself defend.

America has lost its leadership in the World due to poor decisions in Our Faith.

Your President is a sad example.

Blog Entries

This is relevant. Burning the Qur'an is the same as burning a Bible, its just the outcomes of doing so are vastly different.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-ha...ing-the-bible/

Blog Entries

The Supreme Court articulates that the only instance in which incitement can be considered criminal is when it brings about the likelihood of imminent violence.
    Only in the United States. American laws pertain only to "Americans".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TLaMana View Post
    When you truly understand their religion you know it is not conducive to following the Constitution. We are in a war and the majority of Liberals don't even know it. Just like in the early '80's when this country was in an economic war with Japan, we are in a religious war reminiscent of the Crusades with Islam.
    This thread inspired me to read from the Quran, Koran whatever you wanna call it... and YIKES!!! There is some... scary shit in there!

I would also encourage every one on the thread who has commented about it to read it and understand for yourself.

Blog Entries

10 KORAN QUOTES EVERY WOMAN SHOULD READ:

http://infidelsarecool.com/2008/01/t...oman-must-see/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    10 KORAN QUOTES EVERY WOMAN SHOULD READ:

http://infidelsarecool.com/2008/01/t...oman-must-see/
    I especially like #5 which advocates the rape of women taken prisoner during war

Blog Entries

The Bible says that wife should honor the husband
    as the husband should honor the wife. It makes it clear that
    the husband is the head of the house as Christ is the head of
    the Church but loves his wife like he loves himself. He has to
    take care of the wife.

one flesh".

http://www.bible.ca/f-husbands-responsibility.htm

Blog Entries

Solid speech... and no tel-O-promoter. I would like to hear more from him about foreign policy, but when it comes to standing by conservative principles and not being a RINO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJgz4LT3cY