Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Democratizing Egypt - Obama Transformative?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Obama has been quietly praised from both sides on this issue. There ain't a soul out there that would agree with your sensational statement "tons of egg on his face". The Egyptian army yesterday said Mubarak was going to step down, Ghonim said Mubarak was stepping down, the world's press thought Mubarak was stepping down and the Obama Admin said there was a good chance he would step down.

He will step down and is probably doing right now as he is not even in Cairo anymore.
    This is funny, you want to give credit to Obama for having Mubarak step down, yet it was the Military who stepped in ad told him to. Yet he listens to neither.

Pay attention to this moment. Obama is not meddling, not using some cowboy rhetoric, not claiming some arrogant U.S. exceptionalism here. He is leading by example not by force. He is quietly encouraging this thing to go in the right direction. There are no American flags being burned, no US Presidents being burned in effigy and no American hatred being the expressed. Amazing. This is how you do it with inflaming the Arab world and causing them to fly planes into our buildings.
    So he’s not meddling, he’s behind the scenes encouraging Mubarak (hey that looks a lot like Barak ;) to step down, but he’s not stepping down, so what is BHO doing?

BTW, do you have any idea what American Exceptionalism is?

Hey Jackass – What cowboy rhetoric did “W” use to get planes flown into those buildings. I also like how your cowardly approach to “If we be nice they won’t try to hurt us anymore”

If Egypt is able to move to an honest democratization, they will become the model for the rest of the middle east. It will be the model for Iran. This will become the Obama Doctrine. Its called diplomacy. Something the Neocons know nothing about. This is exactly the moment that many who support Obama were lookimg forward to. There is no guarantee and there are no rose-colored glasses here as there is a lot still to happen but the seed has been planted.
    And if if was a fifth we’d all be drunk,

This very well could be Obama's "tear down that wall" moment.
    LOL, wait a minute, Reagan goes over there says tear down this wall. BHO is over here “not meddling” is “behind the scenes”, is playing nice and “not using cowboy rhetoric” and this is his tear down this wall moment!?!?!?
    Nice spin

More of the "praise" and "flawless handling" Galen speaks of ....

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41528763

Obama's lack of leadership in Egypt is having an effect on bond markets now.

Multiple media reports state Mubarak has stepped down and heading out of the country.

WSJ and LA Times saying the Mubarak backed military is assuming control. Not good if true.

The next 72 hours shall tell the story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Multiple media reports state Mubarak has stepped down and heading out of the country.

WSJ and LA Times saying the Mubarak backed military is assuming control. Not good if true.

The next 72 hours shall tell the story.
    Looks like the Military stepped in an told Mubarak "tear down this wall" for Obama.

Maybe Obama told the Military to do that... you know behind the scenes.

I nominate Galen for the "Ill-timed Thread of the Year" award. Any one second that?
    Fail.

Blog Entries

And how's this for "flawless handling of Egypt".

The NY Times reports that the Obama Administration was getting their intelligence from .... wait for it .... the news.
    That's not the first time for a DEM Prez.

During the Iranian hostage crises Pat Buchanan give nightly reports on
    what happened over there during the day as the crises continued for
    about a year.

Jimmy said on TV that Pat's intelligence is better than his own.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    That's not the first time for a DEM Prez.

During the Iranian hostage crises Pat Buchanan give nightly reports on
    what happened over there during the day as the crises continued for
    about a year.

Jimmy said on TV that Pat's intelligence is better than his own.

Well wherever Obama received his intel it appears that it was the correct place.

Blog Entries

Well wherever Obama received his intel it appears that it was the correct place.
    What intel?
    You mean the same news reports you and I got?

I don't know about you but I have visions of '79 floating around in my head. It would be ironic if another Democratic President directly caused radical muslims taking over a US friendly country. Carter did it by not backing the Shah and it looks like The Obamanation did it by not backing Mubarak. How did that election in '80 go again?
    “Ed Reed for President! I figure if Ed Reed can get eight interceptions in 10 games, he can fix world peace." - Jameel McClain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TLaMana View Post
    I don't know about you but I have visions of '79 floating around in my head. It would be ironic if another Democratic President directly caused radical muslims taking over a US friendly country. Carter did it by not backing the Shah and it looks like The Obamanation did it by not backing Mubarak. How did that election in '80 go again?
    While I a definitely not pulling for that same scenario, I would not mind another Reagan.

Community Cordinators couldn't carry Reagans tele-prompter.....Oh that's right he didn't need one, he spoke from his heart!

Blog Entries

Sometimes Galen, talking doesn't work. These pictures are proof. Iraqi, and most importantly, Afghani women can vote now...

Just so we're all on the same page, Obama certainly can't claim he thought freedom was important to Egyptians.

...Windsor tells ABC News that the administration gave roughly “7 million dollars of assistance to civil society, but they made a decision that that assistance would only go to those groups that were approved by the Egyptian government” – contrary to the policy of the Bush administration. “For several years, assistance was going to independent as well as to registered groups, and this policy was changed unfortunately.”...
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...movement-.html

Obama?