Rex Grossman (3)
    John Skelton (4)
    Drew Stanton (3)
    Trent Edwards (3)
    Seneca Wallace (4)
    Charlie Whitehurst (2)
    Todd Collins (1)
    Brian St Pierre(1)

Plenty of teams had open QB situations, and none of them viewed Bulger as a viable option to fill those voids.
    We do not know for sure what other teams thought of Bulger or if he wanted to play for a bad team, but we do know the Ravens gave him 4 million dollars. I doubt they would have paid him that much if they were the only bidder.

:T2:

Re: Th 7th Rated Passer in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    We do not know for sure what other teams thought of Bulger or if he wanted to play for a bad team, but we do know the Ravens gave him 4 million dollars. I doubt they would have paid him that much if they were the only bidder.
    Agreed, Ozzie is usually pretty thrifty. Uncapped year, ok maybe he didn't care: but that would be a pretty significant departure from his usual way of operating.

Unless he completely misjudged the market?

So I have a question. Why is everyone on this board focused like a laser on the Ravens passing game from this past season? The Ravens passing offense was pretty efficient -- the 6th-rated passing offense in the NFL. It was the running that stunk, to the tune of 3.8 yards per carry. Opposing offenses actually had a higher yards-per-carry against our D, than we had against opponents!

Why aren't we talking more about that?

You already know my answer.
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    So I have a question. Why is everyone on this board focused like a laser on the Ravens passing game from this past season? The Ravens passing offense was pretty efficient -- the 6th-rated passing offense in the NFL. It was the running that stunk, to the tune of 3.8 yards per carry. Opposing offenses actually had a higher yards-per-carry against our D, than we had against opponents!

Why aren't we talking more about that?
    That's a good question. I think the answer is that everyone is also concerned about the running game but we know what the problem was there: the O-Line. How the Ravens are going to fix the O-Line is the big question. We need a LT to get Yanda and Oher back to the positions they are better suited for.

As for the passing game I think we all had high expectations with Joe and all the WRs hence the slight disappointment. Joe and Cam need to get on the same page. Once that happens I think the passing game will improve. Of course, a better running game also allows for a better passing game.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    That's a good question. I think the answer is that everyone is also concerned about the running game but we know what the problem was there: the O-Line. How the Ravens are going to fix the O-Line is the big question. We need a LT to get Yanda and Oher back to the positions they are better suited for.

As for the passing game I think we all had high expectations with Joe and all the WRs hence the slight disappointment. Joe and Cam need to get on the same page. Once that happens I think the passing game will improve. Of course, a better running game also allows for a better passing game.
    I still think Gaither is the best sololution to all the problems on the OL and just read by far the most comprehensive interview and article so far about him by AW.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...n-the-air.html

:T2:

7. Re: Th 7th Rated Passer in the league

Gaither now saying he won't come back unless he plays at LT. I wonder how much the financial implications of him playing LT vs RT is playing into this...

Free agent Jared Gaither indicated that he won't re-sign with the Ravens unless they move him back to left tackle.

The Ravens switched Gaither from left to right before his year-ending injury in 2010. "I've been playing left tackle my whole career," he said. "It wouldn't make much sense to change now and get a whole new position underway." The Ravens plan to tender Gaither as a restricted free agent, but he has four years of service and is more likely to hit unrestricted free agency.

The thing that would worry me about Gaither is the back injury. Something like that could come back at any time, and once again we would be forced into a make shift line,or worse yet, watching Oniel Cousins get his lunch handed to him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post

Last I checked the same OL pass blocks and run blocks. Why is the OL an excuse for the running game but not for the passing game? Flacco was sacked 40 times for almost 300 yards. You dont think that the OL struggles had an impact on the passing game?

When Flacco had time, he played well. I cant recall a single play where Flacco had all day to throw, without creating the time himself, and he screwed up. Under pressure he stinks. But improved OL play probably would have helped him meet some of those unreal expectations that people in Baltimore had.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Last I checked the same OL pass blocks and run blocks. Why is the OL an excuse for the running game but not for the passing game? Flacco was sacked 40 times for almost 300 yards. You dont think that the OL struggles had an impact on the passing game?

When Flacco had time, he played well. I cant recall a single play where Flacco had all day to throw, without creating the time himself, and he screwed up. Under pressure he stinks. But improved OL play probably would have helped him meet some of those unreal expectations that people in Baltimore had.
    Joe was sacked 49 times, including the playoffs. The KC game seemed his most comfortable, in the pocket game. I don't think Baltimores expectations were to high IF he had the protection. If they sign Gaither I hope it is a one year deal with incentives so he can prove his worth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tripple7's View Post
    Joe was sacked 49 times, including the playoffs. The KC game seemed his most comfortable, in the pocket game. I don't think Baltimores expectations were to high IF he had the protection. If they sign Gaither I hope it is a one year deal with incentives so he can prove his worth.
    Thats probably just a matter of opinion. I lean more towards the pessimistic side when it comes to expectations of Joe. My expectations of Joe was pretty much what I got. For Joe to have met the expectations of the rest of Baltimore would have been for him to far exceed my expectations, which would have made me happy.