Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could This Be the Year the O's Break the .500 Mark?

I know,Iknow,Iknow!! Sounds crazy after so many years of losing, but I'm excited!! McPhail earned his money this off-season and give Showalter some tools, he can make it happen! IMO! What do you fans think?:bag:

Re: Could This Be the Year the O's Break the .500 Mark?

I don't think they will break 500 this year (would be nice if they did). Maybe another year or two. They need better pitching.

I have to admit that I have not followed the O's as in years past. But from what I have heard this year there does seem to be more effort by the owner in at least improving this team. I forsee 15 - 20 more wins...if, like Rob says pitching can improve!

My season hopes have fallen in the last decade to come down to: Did we have a winning record against the Yanks? If so it was a good season.

When you have the time guys, check out the Line up. It's pretty intimidating if everyone stays healthy. I'm looking for Weiters and Jones to have a breakout year with all the support around them. It's going to be hard to pitch around anybody!
    As far as the pitching, the youngsters have a year under their belt and Guthrie may pitch with a lead for a change! I think we may suprise some people.:respect

I am hoping but they have to show me. I would say show me like they did after Buck took over but it's not the same team that played last year.

Wink Re: Could This Be the Year the O's Break the .500 Mark?

I have to admit I have not followed the O's in quite sometime now. I hate to say that because I always considered myself a die hard fan. I hope you are right 7's
    I would love to see them go far this season. Would really like to watch baseball during the summer and go right into football season.
    My heart is with the Ravens and that's all I can seem to think about. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Katravensgirl View Post
    I have to admit I have not followed the O's in quite sometime now. I hate to say that because I always considered myself a die hard fan. I hope you are right 7's
    I would love to see them go far this season. Would really like to watch baseball during the summer and go right into football season.
    My heart is with the Ravens and that's all I can seem to think about. LOL
    I honestly haven't been following them the last few years until they aquired Bucky Showalter last season. They were so disappointing to watch! I'm hoping they'll be competitive this year and Camden Yards won't be a ghost town. That would make this summer so much more enjoyable! It would be so cool to see the O's in the mix when football season opens, that hasn't happened in ages!:bag:

This hometown boy hasn't seen a game in Camden Yards. The last home game, or any O's game I attended was Memorial back around '73 when Reggie played. I'd love to attend opening day.
    “Ed Reed for President! I figure if Ed Reed can get eight interceptions in 10 games, he can fix world peace." - Jameel McClain

Quote Originally Posted by TLaMana View Post
    This hometown boy hasn't seen a game in Camden Yards. The last home game, or any O's game I attended was Memorial back around '73 when Reggie played. I'd love to attend opening day.
    My 1st and only Opening day was in the early 90's and I FROZE my ass off! It was bitter but we won!

What are the Odds on the O's out there?:bag:

O's are at +1800 to win the AL East and +6000 to win the World Series
    “Ed Reed for President! I figure if Ed Reed can get eight interceptions in 10 games, he can fix world peace." - Jameel McClain

Quote Originally Posted by TLaMana View Post
    O's are at +1800 to win the AL East and +6000 to win the World Series
    Thanks TLa, Is there Odds on reaching .500? Maybe we could pool our money on a bet and have a get together if we win! ( OMG!! There I go again! ):grbac:

RAYVENS ROCK!! Go O's!!:bag: